00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash Begginer, some help?

429 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Flash Begginer, some help? 2015-09-13 20:48:28

Hello everyone, my name is Viqqah. I'm an artist and I had my little experiences with flash, I did a little dress up game and now I wanted to do something like those kissing games, the ones that you have to kiss without being spotted, but I have no idea which functions to use. If someone would give me a little hand I'd be more than grateful. Thanks for reading! :)

Response to Flash Begginer, some help? 2015-09-13 22:06:17

I dunno how much detail you need, but I'll try to help.

Okay, you need to use event listeners that detect button presses or mouse presses (press button to kiss, release button to stop kiss).

You also need to use timer objects or add an event listener for an enterFrame event (You use that code to time how much the couple should kiss and to time the appearance of any threats).

You could also use the random() function if you want to randomize how often someone decides to appear and look at the couple.

...is it me or has politics suddenly become a series of mandatory lightning rounds in a mandatory game show?

Response to Flash Begginer, some help? 2015-09-14 01:41:52

At 9/13/15 08:48 PM, viqqah wrote: Hello everyone, my name is Viqqah. I'm an artist and I had my little experiences with flash, I did a little dress up game and now I wanted to do something like those kissing games, the ones that you have to kiss without being spotted, but I have no idea which functions to use. If someone would give me a little hand I'd be more than grateful. Thanks for reading! :)

you should know that the easiest tricks for enemy detect player through invisible symbols hit the player!

Response to Flash Begginer, some help? 2015-09-14 14:12:43

Thank you very much!! I'll try that :)