00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted LucidShadowDreamer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How come we don't talk about NG oft

1,514 Views | 13 Replies

Often on the BBS?

I mean more like talking about the movies, games, music, and art that's the main feature of this site Like I rarely see any threads discussing stuff we find on this huge ass website. Or about the site features (Though I guess that's saved for the announcement thread. Update: NM I just realized that's what the where is how to section is) @Tomfulp makes. I dunno I think we're not using these forums to their full potential.

What do you guys think?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-11 22:44:32

I feel like Tom probably created the Newgrounds BBS specifically for Newgrounds-related discussion.

Little did he know that the Internet is a fickle mistress and we would end up talking about nearly everything but Newgrounds.

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-11 22:46:32

General is kind of a free for all, but may I direct your attention.

How come we don't talk about NG oft

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-12 00:00:36

At 9/11/15 10:46 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: General is kind of a free for all, but may I direct your attention.

But like no one ever goes there!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-12 00:09:06

At 9/12/15 12:00 AM, Wegra wrote:
At 9/11/15 10:46 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: General is kind of a free for all, but may I direct your attention.

I don't get it. What are those things in the picture? They look like General but not.

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-12 00:51:06

Because we've said all that could be said. We've praised, insulted, criticized, joked, and talked about the site in every possible manner. The site itself, its administration, the users - anything you can name, it's been done. On top of that, new on-site content, as far as I've seen in my time on the site, doesn't get discussed very much outside of their respective forum sections or news announcements. And I'm fairly sure you post in General often enough that you don't see anything but boring and possibly stupid threads with an occasional good one.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-12 04:20:24

Then lead by example.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-12 07:25:10

Then why are you bitching, because that's exactly where NG content would be discusses.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-12 08:16:55

If only we had like other sections were like people could talk about that stuff

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-12 11:54:02

At 9/11/15 10:38 PM, Wegra wrote: Often on the BBS?

We do have sections for Animation, Audio and Art but those areas are more geared towards the people making and uploading the stuff, vs general discussion by people who enjoy it. I've always hoped to see more NG discussion in the General forum, would love to discover stuff that I missed on the rest of the site, it's amazing how rarely people suggest things for the front page and whatnot.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-13 02:12:31

The BBS here has always been it's own critter. Just keep reviewing and talking to the content providers here, that'll do.

I miss Escalus. She had her account deleted over a year ago, used to have really good Art forum threads, but artists are delicate things :(

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-14 03:01:33

At 9/12/15 11:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: We do have sections for Animation, Audio and Art but those areas are more geared towards the people making and uploading the stuff, vs general discussion by people who enjoy it. I've always hoped to see more NG discussion in the General forum, would love to discover stuff that I missed on the rest of the site, it's amazing how rarely people suggest things for the front page and whatnot.

I usually suggest Front Paging in a review, if at all, or I'll send a link of it to someone here. I should post more NG content links in the forums though, especially since they look so nice :) Every so often, someone will post a thread in General, "Good music?" or "What's a good RPG to play?"

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-14 03:13:44

I don't know about you, but I've participated in a decent amount of NG-related threads in General. I just recently posted a list of some of my favorite old-school NG games and movies in the "Remembering the portal" thread. I also recently replied to a thread posted by @RockLou asking NG users what kind of games they want to see submitted to the portal.

This is just a general forum for discussion about anything that doesn't really fit into any of the other subforums. There's nothing stopping you from talking about NG on the BBS and there's plenty of NG-related discussions going on.

Response to How come we don't talk about NG oft 2015-09-16 22:47:58

I'd rather discuss dicks

dickscuss... dicks....