00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I screwed up my website.

1,329 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I screwed up my website. 2015-09-08 08:44:29

I was working on this late last night and I cant remember what I did. Now non of my images open when I load them up. If you go to the my projects page things just dont work as they should. Everything was working perfectly last night now nothing happens.

Wwww.imaginaryboy.co.uk

I have the html of the projects page if anyone wants to see it <3

Response to I screwed up my website. 2015-09-08 14:45:56

I would have to see some kind of source code to know what would be going wrong. I only get a "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"

I made the Newgrounds Mobile app, but it's gone now.

Response to I screwed up my website. 2015-09-08 20:08:40

At 9/8/15 02:45 PM, NeWaGe wrote: I would have to see some kind of source code to know what would be going wrong. I only get a "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"

Hey dude I fixed it. I just started again and copied and pasted a few things from the original template. I dont understand what it was but its working now.

:D

Response to I screwed up my website. 2015-09-09 12:18:50

Glad for you. Can you please help me? I can't understand if there are some js elements in code of the emba essay writing service or it is php?

Response to I screwed up my website. 2015-09-28 00:09:37 (edited 2015-09-28 00:13:00)

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I just wanted to make a suggestion. To avoid having this sort of thing happen to you in the future I would strongly recommend having a development environment that is separate from your production environment.

You should have a totally separate server identical to your production setup where you test your changes on first, and when you've confirmed that they work you should push those changes to production using a version control system. I personally use Mercurial for this, but there are a variety of others.

With a system like this you can safely make changes to the development version of your site without worrying about breaking the public-facing site, and if any of the changes you push to production from development break something you can always roll them back.

This is pretty much how all professional web developers worth their salt operate. No good developer makes changes directly to their production environment unless its something really minor and they're absolutely certain that it won't break anything (and even then, it's still not recommended)