00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How Would You Design Utopia?

1,499 Views | 22 Replies

How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-05 03:00:17

This is a pretty fantastic idea, so I'm not sure how much you guys will feel this thread, but I think it's a decent discussion nonetheless. If you could redesign the world in any way, how would you make it?

I was thinking back on how much people hate losing loved ones and how painful mourning is. Then I considered how old people tend to get weary of life and often become cynical and bitter, and I noted that (unsurprisingly) living forever would be pretty shitty too. So what would happen in an ideal world? I thought about this and realized the consequences of longevity and grief boil down to memory. In a perfect world, would you forget everything that happened more than a certain span of time ago? Or would you periodically lose your memory? Would your loved ones have to help you through a psychological phase of regaining your memories? Or would everything in the past become a gradual blur?

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-05 04:59:15

Every single human is dead.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-05 10:54:10

My utopia would be a contained community. Taxes etc are relative to your income. Everyone has a job assigned to them based on what they're capable of doing. If they're special needs or whatever, they get busy work so they can still feel like a helpful part of the community. People can climb up the ranks periodically, but the ranks would just be meaningless e-penis fuel.

Primary Schools would teach students the 3 R's. Middle School would introduce kids to trades: woodshop, home ec, and so on. Highschool would teach kids financial math and things they'll need for the real world. College would be for further learning a certain study. They'd be funded by the gov't so anyone can enroll and not get fucked over by a gorillion dues and hidden fees.

In my utopia everyone would have to learn to enjoy the life that they have and not whine about the life that they want. People are free to come and leave as they please, but negative thinkers and trouble makers are heavily urged to fuck off. I'm the only cynic allowed in my world.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-05 11:34:03

At 9/5/15 04:59 AM, satanbrain wrote: Every single human is dead.

And replace them with sex bots.

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-05 16:00:14

give weed to the hungry and needy

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-05 17:15:18

At 9/5/15 09:38 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: in utopia, every human is their own god.

something like a mix between deus ex and shin megami tensei 3: nocturne.

Or LittleBigPlanet.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-05 18:14:48

My idea of Utopia would be like this.

Nobody would need to work, but those who felt the need could go ahead and do so. Creative expression would be uninhibited by 'political correctness' and things would be enforced rather on the idea that if something is really bad people wouldn't like it anyway so it's best to ignore it.

There would be 'Wiping stations' where essentially you could voluntarily forget bad memories/deaths/etc.

The economy would be there but unnecessary, everything essential like food and housing would be provided for you and you need only work to gain additional luxuries like fancy cars and mansions.

Voting wouldn't take place because laws would be constant and unchangeable because in a Utopia they'd already be ideal. mostly things inspired by John Locke's idea of 'natural laws' like don't kill or steal. If you aren't hurting anyone it's most likely legal.

Unethical business practices are forbidden and everything is regulated to ensure sustainability.

Everyone who is attractive would be obligated to have hot sticky sex with yours truly.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-05 18:38:50

Have computers be advanced enough so that it's impossible for anyone (except for the creator of the computer) to disable the weaponized monitoring system whose sole purpose it to kill anyone who unfairly picks on other people on the internet and instigates flame wars with other users.

Have all STDs and any other sexual problems be eradicated, and perfect the system of birth control so that unplanned pregnancies becomes a thing of the past.

The average global life expectancy will be 100 years.

We can 3D print an endless supply of just about anything in this future, including food.

Virtual reality will be advanced enough to the point where we can literally live in the fictional world of our choosing, such as a video game, comic book, anime, etc.

Aliens from other planets will be peacefully living among humans.

Cloning technology will advance to the point to where we can have sex with a rule 63 version of ourselves.

Shape-shifting powers can be freely given to anyone who is worthy.

Law enforcement will improve to the point that there's little to no crime happening.

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-05 21:22:08

At 9/5/15 06:40 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: utopia is a state of mind
if you are completely content with everything you have, you are in utopia

Utopia isn't just an individual's state of mind. People across the world you've never met have to be happy as well.

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-05 22:59:16

I think reincarnation could work toward utopia, but this is heavily dependent on reincarnation actually existing, which is completely untestable and as such, unscientific.

But let us suppose for sake of argument that reincarnation does exist. Let us also suppose, for sake of argument, that it follows some sort of karma system. Then, everyone would eventually reach utopia. It's like calculus how even though you can't plug in exact infinities, you can however converge on limits as values approach infinities, which yield results. In short, if reincarnation exists and if karma exists and if reincarnation follows the karma system, lots of ifs, then everyone would eventually end up in their own utopias through constantly being reincarnated into better lives, possibly on other worlds, as other organisms, and each life would gradually be better than the last, provided they weren't complete jerks, and even the complete jerks would still have infinite chances and eventually shape up and approach utopia eventually as well, but it'd just take them longer is all.

So in a way each individual would shape their own utopias based on good behavior in previous lives. Bad behavior would hold them back, but they could still get there eventually.

Utopia would entail maximum freedom with no one interfering with anyone else's freedom. Realistically the best we can get is maximizing personal freedoms with the one limitation of prohibiting stepping on the personal freedom of others, again except under this single exception.

Hindu/Buddhist/etc reincarnation, karma, and Nirvana concepts and Wiccan Rede morality.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-06 00:17:08

Titties and Beer.

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-06 00:31:50

At 9/5/15 10:59 PM, NeonSpider wrote: In short, if reincarnation exists and if karma exists and if reincarnation follows the karma system, lots of ifs, then everyone would eventually end up in their own utopias through constantly being reincarnated into better lives, possibly on other worlds, as other organisms, and each life would gradually be better than the last, provided they weren't complete jerks, and even the complete jerks would still have infinite chances and eventually shape up and approach utopia eventually as well, but it'd just take them longer is all.

The first thing this made me think of was Groundhog Day. The second thing it made me think of was a really interesting thread about how people would live if they were immortal. It was a neat contrast from threads where people ask what you would do if you only had a day left to live, and the answers were way different too.

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-06 01:49:59

Junk Food is healthy. All women like me and have big titties. Religion is banned. All feminists are put to death.

BBS Signature

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-06 02:10:11

time machine to the 90s

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-06 02:32:39

Create a timeline in which Episode I was never released, Firefly was never canceled, and JJ Abrams died in a Michael Bay-induced explosion -- along with all of the 'reality TV stars' (minus the decent ones) and Bay himself.

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-06 05:18:09

At 9/6/15 01:45 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 9/5/15 10:59 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
Utopia would entail maximum freedom with no one interfering with anyone else's freedom. Realistically the best we can get is maximizing personal freedoms with the one limitation of prohibiting stepping on the personal freedom of others, again except under this single exception.
that is but your envisioning of utopia.

let's take a new angle on this shall we?

there are some who find even their own human rights undesirable. for them to be satisfied, one must allow those who desire to deprive people of human rights to exist.

No that's absolutely wrong. One must not interfere with another's will. The only exception is as I have already explained.

If someone wishes another to do themselves harm then it is not against their will and thus victimless and thus allowable. But for anyone to say they wish for those who deprive other people of their human rights is flat-out wrong. You do not get to override someone else's will in a utopia. Their will is theirs alone and yours is yours alone. If you are willing to violate this principle, you cannot exist in a utopia for you would single-handedly ruin it for all.

You must allow all absolute freedom as much as possible or you cannot exist in a utopia. However much you deviate from this is a fault in yourself.

not that the only two aussies i actually know are against sadism.. @foangel and my 4th grade montessori teacher who basically fed the entire class vegimite and made us vomit.

could be some kind souls in australia, but those two are mean and i love it.

@FoAngel is not mean. She's cool as hell. She's completely badass but she's not mean. I think you're confusing BDSM, consensual fetish/sexual practices with non-consensual forceful violation. One is a frequently misunderstood fetish and is okay. The other is pure evil.

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-06 05:28:21

At 9/6/15 05:19 AM, Loki wrote: Utopia without dystopia is impossible.

That's just dystopia.

Utopia + dystopia = dystopia

Think of it like this. You have a pure glass of water and you have a glass of shitty water. Would you rather drink from the pure water or the shitty water? Mixing even a little bit of the shitty water with the pure water turns it also into shitty water. Let us assume the shitty water also contains AIDS and Ebola.

At 9/6/15 05:18 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 9/6/15 01:45 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: could be some kind souls in australia, but those two are mean and i love it.
One is a frequently misunderstood fetish and is okay. The other is pure evil

He has a point BDSM is for like minded people, we dont go around forcing it onto others, we will gladly introduce someone to the lifestyle if they want to know more about it, but they are certainly free to run for the hills if they so wish. Everyone seems to think im mean because i speak my mind and dont take shit from anyone. Not all Australians are like that, like all countries some are nice and some are assholes. Australia was invaded and built on the backs on of the indigenous, convicts and migrants, not to mention racism is still a big issue in this country, while i agree we poke fun at foreigners i believe you would be hard pressed to find a country that didnt poke fun at people who arent familiar with the country.

Also vegemite is an acquired taste, that comes from the yeast biproduct of beer, it's really not that bad some people find it a little too sour for their liking, i do remember the time i went to America they almost confiscated my stash of vegemite because they had no idea what it was

Also apologies for slightly derailing the thread

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-07 12:10:16

3 women for every one man.

I'm looking out for you guys

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-07 12:26:14

Kill all Filthy Frank fans

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-07 14:08:30

At 9/5/15 10:54 AM, Chdonga wrote: My utopia would be a contained community. Taxes etc are relative to your income. Everyone has a job assigned to them based on what they're capable of doing. If they're special needs or whatever, they get busy work so they can still feel like a helpful part of the community. People can climb up the ranks periodically, but the ranks would just be meaningless e-penis fuel, etc.

Oh, but there was Utopia just like that few decades ago. I can't find words to describe how wonderful that idea was, so I'll just leave a picture worth a thousand words so you have something to think about when you're jacking off to communism next time.

How Would You Design Utopia?

Response to How Would You Design Utopia? 2015-09-07 15:02:08

At 9/7/15 12:09 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: nor do i remember making such allegations.

Perhaps this was misinterpreted. As this would be the only reason anyone on this site would think I was mean