00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TVManViris just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do black lives matter anymore?

2,917 Views | 32 Replies

Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-03 21:25:22

I say this because I heard that a 9 year old girl got shot in a drive-by shooting while doing her homework. Not a word of protest, but near the same hours, a thug got shot while having a gunfight with the police and now the whole "black community" which doesn't even exist, it's more like a zoo, cares now. Why do they destroy there own buildings, take shit from stores, over thugs but not little kids. I swear they are the best actors ever. When a friend or family member dies and they get on the news, they act like they're sad but never does a tear come out.

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-03 21:29:02

This post would look so fit your previous icon.

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-03 21:37:30

You're actually right that the media has a huge double standard about this kind of thing.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-03 21:44:13

The kid wasn't shot by the police for one thing...

Also, maybe empathy failure. I don't know.

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-03 23:00:49

At 9/3/15 10:20 PM, One-Eyed-Jack wrote:
Call me racist if you want, I Don't even give a shit anymore.....I'll be honest when I say I Really and truely am....

Agreed

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-03 23:01:07

The fact that they get mad when somebody like Bernie Sanders says "All lives matter" means that they don't care about other people. It's all about them.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-04 01:50:56

I've briefly mentioned this subject in other threads but never really had the opportunity to express my opinion on it in detail until now... I'm glad you made this thread. It's the elephant in the room. Nobody wants to acknowledge it because it's considered so politically incorrect to even talk about it.

I'm going to talk about it.

Every time a black criminal gets shot by a white cop, all the liberal media outlets jump all over the story because they can leverage it to their advantage. All this sensationalism drives up their ratings, and the power elite sponsor them to run these stories because they use them as ammunition for their propaganda campaigns.

I know from personal experience how all of this works... I actually worked for a very liberal news organization for several years and witnessed all of the corruption that goes on inside these organizations firsthand. These politicians pay these outlets considerable amounts of money to run these campaigns for them. Sometimes this money is the only way for these organizations to even stay in business.

I helped develop websites and maintained the network infrastructure for this organization. I was constantly being bombarded with feature requests to meet the never-ending list of their sponsors' demands. They ran huge campaigns pushing for everything... Obamacare, gun control, soda taxes... Whatever the sponsors asked them to run, they did, and I was the one who made it all possible.

That was their primary source of income, so it was either do what they say or they'd get cut off and go under. True muckraker journalism went extinct decades ago... it's all paid news nowadays. Their sponsors included well known elite politicians such as U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi and San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris. I actually had to work for these people... That was one of the reasons why I hated that job (aside from the fact that they treated me like a fucking slave, but that's a whole different story.)

You've got all these uneducated young liberals these days who go wild over these kind of stories, which is a major reason why these news outlets (and their sponsors) benefit so much from running them. Run a story about a cop shooting a black criminal and it'll become the most popular headline of the month... it'll spark a social media storm, rumors will spread, everyone's going to immediately start accusing the cop of having committed a hate crime without even knowing all the details of what actually happened, there will be protests and counterprotests and all this shit is just going to hit the fan as hard as it possibly can.

The world goes nuts over this shit... People start rioting and then the next thing you know, you've got a full-out race war. For the politicians, it's an artificial problem they intentionally engineer so that they can be the ones to "solve" it with some new legislation that they can sneak whatever provisions they want into.

These libs are too busy protesting and rioting over whatever the media steers them to to read the fine print or even begin to consider the actual ramifications of these new laws. They just hear some shit that sounds nice on TV and have this knee-jerk reaction to scramble and go vote "Yes!" on prop whatever-the-fuck. The elite exploit their ignorance and emotions to their advantage. As for the outlets, it's just another headline to generate more revenues. The whole shit is bent to the core.

Meanwhile, black-on-black homicide goes largely unreported. It happens so often that most of the major media outlets don't even consider it newsworthy, let alone profitable. The majority of black homicides in the US are black-on-black crimes, a fact that is often overlooked by all these ignorant "social justice warriors." They want justice for Mike Brown, but they don't give a fuck about the innocent black kid gunned down on his way home from school just the other night by a bunch of thugs who mistook him for someone they had beef with.

Black lives do matter, and I think it's fucked up because I know a lot of good black folks out there who have to suffer as a result of all the stigma brought upon them by members of their own race constantly fucking up. The majority of all these negative stereotypes about black folks are perpetuated by other blacks. It's not "the white man" holding them down, it's fucking hoodrats fucking it for everybody else in their own race.

All the upstanding black folks out there have to constantly endure all of this discrimination by people who have grown to mistrust and hate their kind due to the actions of people they have no control over. The whole shit is backwards and fucked up, and I really feel for those people. I don't think it's right that people discriminate against blacks and I sure as fuck don't, but I also do understand why it happens, and it has nothing to do with "whitey."

Anyway, that's all I have to say about it for now. Thanks again for having the courage to bring this up. I'm sure some people here will accuse you of racism or whatever, but I think what you brought up is a very real issue that shouldn't be ignored and downplayed the way it has been.

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-04 02:27:29

At 9/4/15 01:50 AM, DJ-Ri wrote: Every time a black criminal gets shot by a white cop, all the liberal media outlets jump all over the story because they can leverage it to their advantage.

Half true, but most of the media in the United States doesn't even come close to being liberal. MSNBC (which is owned by GE, by the way) is vaguely neutral. RT is the only station I would consider to have a liberal bias. Keep in mind that the entire US leans very, very far to the right compared to pretty much every other country in the world. What an American considers left is actually pretty far right.

But you are right that the media runs whatever they're paid to, and trending topics get unnecessarily large amounts of coverage.

The world goes nuts over this shit... People start rioting and then the next thing you know, you've got a full-out race war. For the politicians, it's an artificial problem they intentionally engineer so that they can be the ones to "solve" it with some new legislation that they can sneak whatever provisions they want into.

I wouldn't consider the racism to be an artificial problem. The media is making it worse, sure, but blacks have never really been equal to whites in this country. Their average income has always been far less, there is a strong correlation between racial minorities and low-income neighborhoods with high crime rates, and they make up a disproportionate about of the prison population. This was true fifty years ago and has been true from then until now.

These libs are too busy protesting and rioting over whatever the media steers them to to read the fine print or even begin to consider the actual ramifications of these new laws. They just hear some shit that sounds nice on TV and have this knee-jerk reaction to scramble and go vote "Yes!" on prop whatever-the-fuck. The elite exploit their ignorance and emotions to their advantage. As for the outlets, it's just another headline to generate more revenues. The whole shit is bent to the core.

You literally just described conservatives identifying with Christians and using anti-abortion policies to get votes. I really don't like democrats either but it really sounds like you have a one-sided view on this.

Meanwhile, black-on-black homicide goes largely unreported.

A good point. Though one might consider this to be a shadow of the larger problem of poverty. Regardless of the circumstances (white on black, black on black) the media obviously does whatever it can to divert the topic away from that issue.

It's not "the white man" holding them down, it's fucking hoodrats fucking it for everybody else in their own race.

What about all of the funding that has been cut from education and welfare programs? People above the poverty line are significantly less likely to resort to crime because they have other options. That's not to say that poverty is necessarily an excuse for illegal activities, but there is a LOT more to crime in bad neighborhoods than the people committing the crimes. When you grow up in a bad neighborhood, your options aren't always morally cut and dry.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

At 9/4/15 02:27 AM, Kwing wrote: Half true, but most of the media in the United States doesn't even come close to being liberal. MSNBC (which is owned by GE, by the way) is vaguely neutral. RT is the only station I would consider to have a liberal bias. Keep in mind that the entire US leans very, very far to the right compared to pretty much every other country in the world. What an American considers left is actually pretty far right.

I agree that what we consider "left" here in the US is still considered to be leaning towards the "right" side of the spectrum in many other countries, but relative to how we view politics here in the US, I think that much of our media is leaning to the left. Perhaps because I live in what is basically the most liberal city in the country, my perception may be somewhat skewed, but based on what I have observed, it seems to me that most of the media in major US cities have a strong tendency to lean to the left.

Certainly, as far as political demographics are concerned, much of the US does indeed lean towards the right as you said, but conservatism seems to be spread thin across rural areas and small towns, whereas liberalism is densely concentrated in the big cities. These dense pockets of liberalism have a significant influence on the rest of the country in a manner not unlike how small but very dense astronomical objects with a large amount of mass have a significant gravitational influence on larger but less dense objects around them.

If you think of it in astronomical terms, all these small conservative towns in the US are collectively sort of like the Kuiper belt (which includes objects with enough magnitude to be possibly classified as dwarf planets but have extremely low density such as UX25.) The big cities are sort of like micro black holes with low magnitude and high density, which have a very strong gravitational influence on this larger but less dense collection of small towns.

I've often theorized that if all of California's major cities such as San Francisco, Los Angeles and Sacramento split off into their own city-states, what was left of California would be re-classifed as a "red state" due to most of the rest of the state being relatively conservative in comparison. I think that California is considered a "blue state" right now due to the dense concentration of liberal/Democrat voters living in the state's major cities.

You literally just described conservatives identifying with Christians and using anti-abortion policies to get votes. I really don't like democrats either but it really sounds like you have a one-sided view on this.

I try not to be biased, although I acknowledge that I may inadvertently be biased sometimes. I do have very strong conservative values, but I also have some liberal values as well. For instance, I am very much opposed to the whole "war on drugs" (although I still find most recreational drug use nonetheless repulsive) which puts me at odds with many conservatives who feel that these drugs should remain illegal.

What about all of the funding that has been cut from education and welfare programs? People above the poverty line are significantly less likely to resort to crime because they have other options. That's not to say that poverty is necessarily an excuse for illegal activities, but there is a LOT more to crime in bad neighborhoods than the people committing the crimes. When you grow up in a bad neighborhood, your options aren't always morally cut and dry.

I'm all for improving the public education system and providing financial assistance to those in legitimate need of it (keyword here being "legitimate"), but I also don't necessarily believe that increasing education or welfare funding would solve this problem. I grew up pretty poor myself and went to public school. I did get involved in a lot of bad shit as a youth, but I was also very much motivated to learn more than what was being offered to me at school, and subsequently taught myself most of what I know about computers which eventually helped me land an IT job.

I think that if a person is motivated to learn, they can teach themselves everything they need to know, regardless of how poor they are. I think that this problem is a lot more complex than simply being the result of an underfunded education or welfare system. I think that there is a culture of anti-intellectualism and "ghetto mentality" in the black community that needs to be eliminated. Anything else would just be a "band-aid" solution, IMO.

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-04 04:24:23

At 9/3/15 11:01 PM, BloodPact wrote: The fact that they get mad when somebody like Bernie Sanders says "All lives matter" means that they don't care about other people. It's all about them.

Wow, seriously?

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-04 04:35:58

Anymore?

But in all seriousness, do you think anyone is going to give this picture a second thought next week? Is that fact that people are dying needlessly sad? Yes. Is there a god damn thing anyone here can do about it? No. When is the last time you thought about Treyvon Martin or the Katrina victims? Probably the last time you seen it in the news.

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-04 05:15:34

At 9/4/15 02:27 AM, Kwing wrote:
At 9/4/15 01:50 AM, DJ-Ri wrote: Every time a black criminal gets shot by a white cop, all the liberal media outlets jump all over the story because they can leverage it to their advantage.
Half true, but most of the media in the United States doesn't even come close to being liberal. MSNBC (which is owned by GE, by the way) is vaguely neutral. RT is the only station I would consider to have a liberal bias. Keep in mind that the entire US leans very, very far to the right compared to pretty much every other country in the world. What an American considers left is actually pretty far right.

^This.

Also, don't buy into the politically-motivated tendency to equate the Democratic party as "liberal" and the Republican party as "conservative". Democrats aren't liberal and Republicans aren't conservative. And both parties are two sides of the same coin anyway -- any real change will have to come from some outside party or influence.

The problem isn't liberal media. Hell, media should be far *more* liberal and absolutely should be independent. The problem is this tendency to equate US Democratic party with "liberal", which is wrong.

Both the Democrats and the Republicans have their own agendas, neither of which is liberal nor conservative. True liberalism would maximize free speech, not censor it due to "political correctness". True liberalism would not seek to promote a specific agenda but would be an open mouthpiece for all. Let the people hear all the sides and draw their own conclusions.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-04 05:40:34

Is it just me or is #BLM just a socially sanctioned KKK that is only permissible because the members are minorities?

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-04 05:47:48

They never did.

At 9/3/15 09:29 PM, NEOSLAYRE wrote: This post would look so fit your previous icon.

It's even better because he's actually black.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-04 13:30:25

At 9/4/15 03:53 AM, DJ-Ri wrote: Certainly, as far as political demographics are concerned, much of the US does indeed lean towards the right as you said, but conservatism seems to be spread thin across rural areas and small towns, whereas liberalism is densely concentrated in the big cities.

I agree with pretty much this entire argument. I think this partially has to do with the amount of immigrants in large cities, who tend to lean toward the left. There's also a greater sense of interdependence with so many services and businesses nearby.

I'm all for improving the public education system and providing financial assistance to those in legitimate need of it (keyword here being "legitimate"), but I also don't necessarily believe that increasing education or welfare funding would solve this problem. I think that there is a culture of anti-intellectualism and "ghetto mentality" in the black community that needs to be eliminated. Anything else would just be a "band-aid" solution, IMO.

Heh... My sister would go ballistic on you for mentioning the "ghetto mentality" but you're right on that account. The problem, of course, is that it's not exactly a kid's fault for growing up in that environment. While I do agree that throwing money at the issue isn't going to make significant changes, I also think that cuts make the issue a lot worse.

When stores pull out of bad neighborhoods and all that's left are convenience stores, people don't get enough nutrition and it interferes with brain function (and brain development for children.) When a school is closed because of No Child Left Behind, kids get pushed into new districts and gang wars interfere with school life. And of course, when most public school funding comes from the district and state (very little coming from the federal government) those kids may have 30 year old textbooks missing covers and pages while twenty miles away every kid is issued a tablet or laptop. Or take the drug war. Suppose you have a kid who's never met his father and whose mother is a drug addict that's never around to help. His older brother supports the family by selling drugs. Then he gets busted. What is the younger sibling supposed to do? A common solution is for him to drop out of school in order to support himself.

Putting more nutritious food in these high risk areas, giving them the means to life comfortably (either through affirmative action or welfare) and supporting schools that are failing instead of closing them would provide a healthier, more encouraging environment for people in these situations (not to mention options other than getting involved with drugs) and would likely lead to more people making it out of the slums like you did.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-04 15:54:51

all lives matter we're all humans it doesn't matter if you're black or white you're still pink and you still bleed red but shit do they make it seem like it doesn't. they're bullshit makes me "racist"

Ferguson riots
V

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-04 23:22:10

@DJ-Ri Thanks, I was going to say so much more but I would probably get banned or get a negative rep by the community.
"White do it to! Latinos do it to! Asians do it to" Yeah fucking right. At least they know who their enemies are and they don't scream white supremecy every time their thugs are killed.

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-05 00:48:43

At 9/5/15 12:47 AM, Sekhem wrote: everyone in this thread needs to be beaten with a brick

You're now in it.

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-05 00:55:44

#NotAllBlackLivesMatter

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

#NoLivesMatterButMyOwn

but seriously op, what kind of retarded question is that?

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-05 16:58:01

At 9/3/15 09:25 PM, Avery wrote: I say this because I heard that a 9 year old girl got shot in a drive-by shooting while doing her homework. Not a word of protest, but near the same hours, a thug got shot while having a gunfight with the police and now the whole "black community" which doesn't even exist, it's more like a zoo, cares now. Why do they destroy there own buildings, take shit from stores, over thugs but not little kids. I swear they are the best actors ever. When a friend or family member dies and they get on the news, they act like they're sad but never does a tear come out.

"anymore"? when did they matter i missed that? we all know blacks aren't even people. they are just a result of there not being enough zoo's with monkey exhibits.

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-05 17:14:22

At 9/5/15 04:58 PM, NotAutistEnuf4NGs wrote:
"anymore"? when did they matter i missed that? we all know blacks aren't even people. they are just a result of there not being enough zoo's with monkey exhibits.

It makes sense when some act like wild animals.

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-05 17:46:09

"anymore"? when did they matter i missed that?

Slavery and the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-05 20:45:52

blacks matter just as much as whites. same racist issues with white people as there are with black colored.
one doesnt deserve more or less just because of skin tone.

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-06 15:11:26

I think they only care about the black stereotypes. But I think they should believe that ALL lives matter, not just the ones who weren't that popular, but everyone that is actually a citizen of the world. Seriously, somebody should enlighten them about that.

BBS Signature

At 9/4/15 01:32 PM, Amaranthus wrote: >generalizing
Fuck you, OP. Fuck you so much.

This. Seriously OP.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-07 16:44:30

At 9/6/15 11:33 PM, Sekhem wrote: lol @ all lives matter

this is worse than WHY ISN'T THERE A WHITE ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL

absolutely pathetic

i expect nothing less than melanin deficient individuals

Why do you pretend to be black on the internet sekhem

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-09-07 23:16:55

At 9/7/15 04:21 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote:
At 9/4/15 01:32 PM, Amaranthus wrote: >generalizing
Fuck you, OP. Fuck you so much.
This. Seriously OP.

Don't like it?

BBS Signature

Response to Do black lives matter anymore? 2015-10-29 00:06:34

That could be said about anyone especially those who screw their siblings, parents, aunts/uncles or those who hunt domesticated pets such as cats and dogs.