00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

3DS game recommendations?

1,229 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

3DS game recommendations? 2015-08-30 00:51:27

I'm really thinking about buying a New 3DS soon, so do any of you have any good game recommendations that aren't Pokemon? (I already know which Pokemon games I'm thinking of buying). Ordinary DS games are cool too

3DS game recommendations?

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-08-30 01:59:37

For 3ds, Luigi's mansion is really good. Animal crossing, mario kart 7, and mario 3d land are quite good. For DS, Castlevania Dawn of sorrow is really good and Mario Kart DS is one of the best, if not the best, mario kart.

Fire Emblem Awakening is a really worthwhile 3DS game to play, if you like strategy games.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-08-30 23:33:43

Kirby Triple Deluxe is key. You'd be sorry not to get it.
Also get Bravely Default. Even if the second half of the game is just replaying the first half, its still amazingly fun.
I'll also second getting Fire Emblem Awakening, its an extraordinarily fun game.
Smash Bros is an obvious one.
Kid Icarus Uprising is also a great game to get, has an amazing story and great online multiplayer, though you may not find as many people online today as you wouldve. Still get the game tho.

For a DS game, get The World Ends With You, you wont be sorry.

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-08-31 03:02:03

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (Only play it if you have played Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II)
Xenoblade Chronicles is also apparently good.

Haven't played either version, but once I upgrade to the new 3DS XL I'll get it.

Super Smash Bros of course
Super Mario 3D Land is really good.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-08-31 11:16:49

At 8/30/15 01:49 AM, oobooglunk wrote: All the Pokemons, Super Smash Bros., Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (for the DS, there was a 3DS sequel but it was mediocre, in my opinion), and my newest favorite, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. All great games, each with hours and hours of replay value.

These are all good games to play. Let us know which ones you choose.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-09-01 03:45:08

At 8/30/15 01:49 AM, oobooglunk wrote: All the Pokemons, Super Smash Bros., Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (for the DS, there was a 3DS sequel but it was mediocre, in my opinion), and my newest favorite, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. All great games, each with hours and hours of replay value.

I'm only gonna buy 1 or 2 3DS games at first 'cause I have to pay for everything myself, but I'm definitely gonna get a Mario game. I'll think about getting a Legend of Zelda game, even though I'm used to the Zelda games at all. Pokemon's at the top of my list of games to buy though

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-09-01 16:54:05

Bravely Default s my favourite game for it. If you like JRPGs at all you should get it.

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-09-02 08:29:05

I'd highly recommend Tales of the Abyss if you haven't played it on PS2 already. It's one of my favorite 3DS games.

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-10-27 00:59:54

At 8/30/15 12:51 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: I'm really thinking about buying a New 3DS soon, so do any of you have any good game recommendations that aren't Pokemon? (I already know which Pokemon games I'm thinking of buying). Ordinary DS games are cool too

Kid Icarus Uprising was my favorite game on the 3ds. Its hard to find now and its going up in price (around $70 now) I would try to find it before its in the hundreds.

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-10-27 14:33:26

Monster Hunter 4U

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-10-28 15:06:07

Dont think anyone mentioned the Professor Layton and Ace Attorney games so there you go. Though you probably have to start with the DS games first to understand what's going on

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-10-28 23:44:02

At 8/30/15 12:51 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Ordinary DS games are cool too

The World Ends With You - Similar to pokemon with collecting, but the fighting style is more active with the touch pad.

Golden Sun - any rpg really. Final fantasy 3, 4, 6 I think...chrono trigger...

BBS Signature

Response to 3DS game recommendations? 2015-10-29 07:58:10

At 8/30/15 12:51 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: I'm really thinking about buying a New 3DS soon, so do any of you have any good game recommendations that aren't Pokemon? (I already know which Pokemon games I'm thinking of buying). Ordinary DS games are cool too

If you like Super Mario games, be sure to get Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart ^.^

Come On Down! Yeah, that's the ticket! He likes it. Mikey likes it! Had enough? I'll be back... xD

BBS Signature