00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Everything is Pop Culture now

1,867 Views | 16 Replies

Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-23 12:14:09

Something I noticed is literally everything has turned into pop culture now, nothing is underground anymore. It's like when a child has a toy, his friend has to have the same exact one.

At 8/23/15 12:14 PM, 1337games wrote: Something I noticed is literally everything has turned into pop culture now, nothing is underground anymore. It's like when a child has a toy, his friend has to have the same exact one.

How did you come up with your username there young chap? It's clearly the most original name I've ever seen.

So underground, such original!

#practicewhatyoupreach

Sig by: Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-23 13:50:43

At 8/23/15 12:15 PM, Sekhem wrote: u heard that #zaydidit yet

very mainstream and very good

Eh, I checked it out. People try to get me into rap but I never could really get into it. It's another bandwagon now, because everyone wasn't into it before. I think Drake is creative with it because he sings and raps, and Slim Shady has a high skill level, but I just can't get into it.

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-23 17:58:54

At 8/23/15 05:46 PM, Xenomit wrote: There's plenty of underground things.

Do you even know who Shahmen is. What about Doublewave? Doublewave is underground as SHIT.

Of course you don't know either of those because you don't live underground.

Lol you're mentioning music on a Social media site, thinking it's underground, then you have the nerve to tell me shit

I remember liking major lazer before diplo got famous and in turn made major lazer internationally famous, now every fuckboi is like "Oh yeah rager breh majer lazer is my shit yo"

Won't lie though, diplo has done some pretty amazing things for them

Then you mention a pop culture autist

Maybe you should look up the definition of underground before you talk dumb

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-23 18:08:20

That's because the 9gag/KnowYourMeme/Reddit/Facebook/Tumblr cancer is spreading.

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-23 18:23:50

you guys want some real underground music? yo chris tucker, drop that shit for these fuckboys

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-23 19:35:12

At 8/23/15 07:31 PM, Centaurora wrote:
At 8/23/15 05:51 PM, Piggler wrote: I hear CP is pretty underground.
What the hell is cp

Cheese Pizza.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-23 19:37:32

At 8/23/15 07:35 PM, Centaurora wrote:
At 8/23/15 07:35 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:
At 8/23/15 07:31 PM, Centaurora wrote:
At 8/23/15 05:51 PM, Piggler wrote: I hear CP is pretty underground.
What the hell is cp
Cheese Pizza.
Oh, obviously.

Cheese Pizza.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

At 8/23/15 06:46 PM, Xenomit wrote: You guys can't even get on board with Party Wave

I'll admit I know nothing when it comes to underground rock bands, but when it comes to electronic producers (EDM, trap, house, trance, moombahton, anything tickles my fancy) I'm a freaking beast

Trap is a subgenre of rap music, smh. It's a hip hop beat, just more complex.

I liked DJ snake before his songs were plastered in every commercial on TV. I was a yellowclaw fanboy from the start. Maximus, Gent & Janws, steve aoki, firebeatz, Flostradamus, galantis, felguk, deorro, like mike, alfons, aero chord, baauer, gutter brothers, lookas, riot, XVII, yogi, timmy trumpet, UZ, all day every day it's Trap EDM and house.

Edit: Yeah I know most of those guys aren't underground, I just got carried away with talking about producers.

Most of today's "electronic artists" are pop artists, they just took electronic music and made it palatable to the masses. I bet you think that's real techno. Probably never even listened to classic electronic music. Weren't you saying you hated vinyl a while back? Smh. Stop trying.

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-24 00:46:01

At 8/23/15 09:59 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 8/23/15 08:49 PM, 1337games wrote: Trap is a subgenre of rap music, smh. It's a hip hop beat, just more complex.
Rap isn't even considered apart of the electronic group of genres, it's its own thing.

No kidding, that's why you sounded dumb saying t(rap) is a genre of electronic music, what a beast you are.

Trap is heavily EDM with influences from hip-hop.

It's the other way around. Every genre borrows a little from other genres though. If you can't honestly hear the rhythmic differences between trap and techno you are deaf.

Most of today's "electronic artists" are pop artists, they just took electronic music and made it palatable to the masses.
This is the point where I permanently don't take anything you say very seriously. I'm not saying you don't mean that, I'm just saying that anyone who thinks something like this can't be a go-to guy for reliable information.

That because you are caught up in today's pop culture. If you do your homework and go back to the origin of things you would understand, but it seems you know little to nothing about music honestly.

I bet you think that's real techno.
Go ahead and define "real techno"
And give me an example of "real techno"

This should get you started

Again, if you want to learn about something study the origin of it, because a lot has changed

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-24 01:07:55

I'm underground as fuck.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-24 02:23:57

My dead relatives are underground. Are you trying to tell me they aren't?

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-24 02:58:32

Not 'everything'. You are too mainstream to find the unpopular.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-24 03:05:59

@Xenomit

Stop taking it so personal. I'm just being straight forward, I don't sugar coat. Maybe you're used to that, I don't know. I've seen you win some arguments, but that's with the average joe. You're trying to win against the King of useless knowledge.

Arguing takes fineness, you don't just steamroll into everything like a fool. Didn't you say you were in band? Smh.

I live underground. Get on my level.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Everything is Pop Culture now 2015-08-24 10:38:33

At 8/24/15 05:41 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 8/24/15 03:51 AM, Mismo wrote: I live underground. Get on my level.
I thought you lived in Kalmar.

I was hinting to the fact that I live in a basement. But yes I do (sort of) live in Kalmar. One of the most unremarkable cities in Sweden.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

If everything were mainstream, people would actually know who all of these artists are. Chances are you've heard of very few, if any, of these groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmskmpZa9xw

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)