00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

yo anatomy work critique apreciated

549 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Well, I Just made this and this took me lyke 40 hours so I would like to know how could I have done this better (It would be amazing If you could give me pointers on drawing hair, face fist, or neck.

all comments help so the more the merrier.

Response to yo anatomy work critique apreciated 2015-08-17 06:05:06

At 8/17/15 04:04 AM, MarshmellowBnG wrote: Well, I Just made this and this took me lyke 40 hours so I would like to know how could I have done this better (It would be amazing If you could give me pointers on drawing hair, face fist, or neck.

all comments help so the more the merrier

Heyy this is great, love how it looks like it's made with charchol and the computer, makes it stand out well- also the torso looks perfect :)
I would suggest that you make the body a little more realistic by adding more of a neck and using smaller strokes for detail in the arms and hands (drawing your own hands is a brilliant way to practise!) I think it would help if you generally practised human atanomy including facial features, which will make art like this quick and easy for you.
Keep up the great work - don't give up.. practise makes perfect :D

Response to yo anatomy work critique apreciated 2015-08-17 11:13:14

I strongly advice using a reference for the pose. The human body and face are very hard to draw correctly. Also look at how clothes fold and drape over the body. It'll help. Keep up the good work, dude.

BBS Signature

Response to yo anatomy work critique apreciated 2015-08-17 14:10:06

After looking through your gallery it's clear that you are lacking an understanding of basic fundamentals.
I think even with reference the piece will be premature if you don't know how to break down things into the most simplest of shapes.

Response to yo anatomy work critique apreciated 2015-08-17 15:33:09

At 8/17/15 02:10 PM, Cairos wrote: After looking through your gallery it's clear that you are lacking an understanding of basic fundamentals.
I think even with reference the piece will be premature if you don't know how to break down things into the most simplest of shapes.

I like your suggestion but I will have a really big problem executing it because I work with traditional art so drawing faint guidelines are the best I can do. also I want to point out that the pose of his hand is not a fist . I would like it very much if you can give me pointers on how to construct a pose or a good guide or site I can learn making something such as in the picture you posted.

I'm sorry but I will not suggest any reading material.
I'll suggest a video instead.

You're also more than welcome to post your studies in The Art Workshop or in your own personal sketchbook thread.

As Cairos said, the flaws in fundamentals aspects, such as lighting and anatomy, make it seem like you still don't grasp the shapes that make up the forms very well, this is a hard but absolutely essential area to study if you want to draw believable bodies in the future. I'm not going to be able to offer specific feedback, but I'll try to make some general suggestions:

1 - Make your art thread in the forums and/or some other art forums such as conceptart.com (or any of your willing), seek feedback on everything you do, as you did here, if you take it seriously and constructively, it will help you immensely!
2 -Check out Proko's stuff, Cairos already linked to a video of him, but seriously, subscribe to this guy, his stuff is great and mostly free
3 - Check out this website, it has a 3d model of a pretty realistic human body, can be an useful guide for some anatomy, although it's not specifically meant for artists
4 -Try to use reference once you start understanding how to break down some shapes
5 - Faint guidelines will become a lot more useful to you when you become more used to seeing the shapes that make up the body, so make sure to always practice

Response to yo anatomy work critique apreciated 2015-08-19 01:15:46

You...you need love. and a hug. Maybe a kiss on the cheek.

But life drawing is to go. and when i say life drawing, i mean everything you see. which means, draw everything in your room. like everything. until you get the anatomy right. Then, when you draw everything in your room, continue drawing everything in the hallway.then the living room and so on.

draw everything. be loose, but sketch, and NEVER LOVE YOUR DRAWINGS. Because you may never learn a mistake, if you just want it to be perfect. because nobody can achieve perfect in art. no rights and wrongs. just improvement to be better. Happy accidents may teach you something new, and never throw away your drawings. either bad or good. Don't waste paper. So keep filing your paper.

Support me on my Patreon!

Response to yo anatomy work critique apreciated 2015-08-19 04:32:02

Definitely life drawing.

This might be a stupid question, but did you sketch that before you drew it? Being able to sketch and draw roughly is the foundation of drawing and is something in and of itself that must be learned. I believe the specific term is Gesture Drawing. The thing about gesture drawing is it teaches you proper proportions without focusing on all the minute details. It also makes you fast.

but in the interim I would recommend finding photos of people and practice redrawing the photo as best you can. Find artists who's work you like and copy their work (but don't present it as your own, this is just a training exercise). Pay attention to the way they do certain things and try and reverse engineer their technique.

Also, carry a sketchbook and draw everyday.