00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Which programming language to use?

2,373 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm trying to create my first point & click style flash game and I'm trying to figure out which programming language would be the best to use for a beginner and for game programming itself. Any extra advice in the process of game creating would be greatly appreciated since I have minimal knowledge of it at this time. >~<

Response to Which programming language to use? 2015-08-12 02:17:49

At 8/11/15 07:42 PM, Huntsta4 wrote: I'm trying to create my first point & click style flash game and I'm trying to figure out which programming language would be the best to use for a beginner and for game programming itself. Any extra advice in the process of game creating would be greatly appreciated since I have minimal knowledge of it at this time. >~<

Well if you make the game in Flash, then you'll be using AS3 for which there are lots of tutorials and references that are quite good.

If you run into specific problems or have a more specific question, I could potentially be of some help but I haven't done much Flash development.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Which programming language to use? 2015-08-12 02:36:50

You can try Adventure Game Studio. But Javascript is an amazing language to make text adventures and Point & Clicks.

Response to Which programming language to use? 2015-08-21 06:19:48

Depends on the platform you're aiming for, there's different languages for many devices. You could use Unity as it's versatile and relatively easy, but I'd recommend Javascript just because you can use it on most devices. JS is also perfect in your case also.

BBS Signature

Response to Which programming language to use? 2015-08-21 13:30:18

At 8/12/15 02:36 AM, Robotao wrote: You can try Adventure Game Studio. But Javascript is an amazing language to make text adventures and Point & Clicks.

Agreed, you can make pretty decent games in Javascript. I made a version of the popular game Pixelated purely in Javascript/CSS/HTML that operates much faster than it's Flash counterparts.

I can give you source code if you want an example to follow.

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to Which programming language to use? 2015-08-21 23:20:19

I would actually love to see that sourcecode!

Response to Which programming language to use? 2015-08-25 18:25:47

That would be awesome! I've been needing to learn the basic coding itself.

Response to Which programming language to use? 2015-08-28 02:26:06

At 8/25/15 06:25 PM, Huntsta4 wrote: That would be awesome! I've been needing to learn the basic coding itself.

You said flash game. So the answer is AS3 as I said in the first reply.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Which programming language to use? 2015-09-02 18:00:05

At 8/21/15 01:30 PM, Pilot-Doofy wrote: Agreed, you can make pretty decent games in Javascript. I made a version of the popular game Pixelated purely in Javascript/CSS/HTML that operates much faster than it's Flash counterparts.

What IDE did you make it in?

Response to Which programming language to use? 2015-09-04 08:45:22

At 9/2/15 06:00 PM, Aprime wrote: What IDE did you make it in?

Back in those days I used Notepad++, I now use the JetBrains suite of IDEs for development.

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to Which programming language to use? 2015-10-18 15:18:14

At 8/11/15 07:42 PM, Huntsta4 wrote: I'm trying to create my first point & click style flash game and I'm trying to figure out which programming language would be the best to use for a beginner and for game programming itself. Any extra advice in the process of game creating would be greatly appreciated since I have minimal knowledge of it at this time. >~<

If your going to make a "Flash" Point and click game i recommend as3 or as2 in flash cs3-cs6 :D

"Ore Wa Chin Chin Ga Daisuki Nandayo" - Chin Chin

BBS Signature