00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is This Sketch "Poster Ready" ?

514 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

To be frank, I like it, but it's not what I first envisioned. After 4 hours and two failed versions, this is what happened, and I actually kinda like it? But I wanted public opinion, is she ready to be finalized on a poster? Would you buy a poster with this image? (It would of course have a background, and title, but that is still... a work in progress.) (It will also be in full color.)

Is This Sketch

Response to Is This Sketch "Poster Ready" ? 2015-08-07 23:12:11

At 8/7/15 09:50 PM, gehacker00 wrote: To be frank, I like it, but it's not what I first envisioned. After 4 hours and two failed versions, this is what happened, and I actually kinda like it? But I wanted public opinion, is she ready to be finalized on a poster? Would you buy a poster with this image? (It would of course have a background, and title, but that is still... a work in progress.) (It will also be in full color.)

To be frank i would not buy a poster with that figure on it. I'm assuming she is Harley Quinn and the problem with you trying to do a Harley Quinn poster is that there are already hundreds of posters and paraphernalia of her, so if I wanted a poster I have a bunch of other officially licensed options to go with. If you're going to be doing posters of established well known characters you really have to think outside of the box and do something much more unique.
As she is now she looks alright, definitely not bad for learning, but the pose just isn't very interesting and its not full body which brings it down a bit. I would recommend working on your drawing skills more before you look to sell your stuff. If you make a sale, cool but don't make it your main focus, that will more than likely lead to disappointment.

Response to Is This Sketch "Poster Ready" ? 2015-08-07 23:52:44

I have to agree with Jack, I definitely wouldn't buy a poster of this, there are just too many posters and material of this character that are more interesting and generally more... well executed. I'm not saying it's a bad sketch, it's useful for learning, but maybe you should focus a little more on just drawing and improving before you concern yourself with selling stuff. Or maybe you should approach this character in another way.

Response to Is This Sketch "Poster Ready" ? 2015-08-08 01:23:09

At 8/7/15 11:52 PM, Sr-Estroncio wrote: I have to agree with Jack, I definitely wouldn't buy a poster of this, there are just too many posters and material of this character that are more interesting and generally more... well executed. I'm not saying it's a bad sketch, it's useful for learning, but maybe you should focus a little more on just drawing and improving before you concern yourself with selling stuff. Or maybe you should approach this character in another way.

Thank You, Both. I will keep that in mind, definitely, and I more than likely will continue to practice with that sort of sketch, and hopefully in time I will improve enough to get somewhat of a benefit off of this. Thanks for your advice!

Response to Is This Sketch "Poster Ready" ? 2015-08-08 01:46:58

At 8/8/15 01:23 AM, gehacker00 wrote:
At 8/7/15 11:52 PM, Sr-Estroncio wrote: I have to agree with Jack, I definitely wouldn't buy a poster of this, there are just too many posters and material of this character that are more interesting and generally more... well executed. I'm not saying it's a bad sketch, it's useful for learning, but maybe you should focus a little more on just drawing and improving before you concern yourself with selling stuff. Or maybe you should approach this character in another way.
Thank You, Both. I will keep that in mind, definitely, and I more than likely will continue to practice with that sort of sketch, and hopefully in time I will improve enough to get somewhat of a benefit off of this. Thanks for your advice!

No problem. Hey man, I'd really recomend making a thread for your art here in the forums (if you don't have one, might not have seen it), some feedback on your drawings can go a long way to help you improve.

Response to Is This Sketch "Poster Ready" ? 2015-08-08 09:02:35

I wouldn't buy it because it is pretty terrible. I don't really know what else to say, bad anatomy, looks nothing like the character, the pose is terrible, it has no personality.

But don't give up, you're just not there yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Is This Sketch "Poster Ready" ? 2015-08-08 09:17:50

At 8/8/15 09:02 AM, Blounty wrote: I wouldn't buy it because it is pretty terrible. I don't really know what else to say, bad anatomy, looks nothing like the character, the pose is terrible, it has no personality.

But don't give up, you're just not there yet.

you probably could have worded that to make it less attack-ish :/
yeah, the anatomy isnt that great, but that can be improved with practice and references
posing isnt the easiest thing, but again references can help with that.
And the drawing itself isnt that bad - i could tell that it was supposed to be harley

@gehacker00 dont give up, practice, use references for everything you dont feel 100% proficient with (and even if you do feel proficient at it, still use references), you can and will improve. But dont create things with the sole intention of making money with it - create things because you enjoy it, any money that you make as a result is great, but dont make it your focus.

Response to Is This Sketch "Poster Ready" ? 2015-08-08 10:33:30

At 8/8/15 09:17 AM, kgbm wrote:
And the drawing itself isnt that bad

This is why people don't improve

BBS Signature

Response to Is This Sketch "Poster Ready" ? 2015-08-08 11:21:58

At 8/8/15 10:33 AM, Blounty wrote:
At 8/8/15 09:17 AM, kgbm wrote:
And the drawing itself isnt that bad
This is why people don't improve

Nah, no need to worry about this guy, he's got the hair of a champ, he'll get along just fine.