00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NegaSimon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Project Sirk

791 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello everyone! ^^

I've decided to create my very own art thread where I can post any and everything pertaining to Project Sirk. You may be asking yourselves, "What in the world is Project Sirk?" Well, Project Sirk is a story I'm currently working on which I hope to expand into a comic. It centers around the life and adventures of KC Duval as she tries to piece together her shattered family.

The story still has a lot of work but I think this thread will help sort out some of the kinks. So thanks for hearing me out and I hope you all stick around. ^^

Response to Project Sirk 2015-07-31 18:29:48 (edited 2015-07-31 18:30:26)

KC Duval in the flesh.

Her design is not final yet. Just testing out a few hair colors I think will be neat.

Project Sirk

Response to Project Sirk 2015-07-31 18:42:46

KC and her best friend Coco who happens to be a kangaroo.

Getting a hang of KC's alternate outfit designs but still trying to maintain consistency in drawing KC. And boy do I need to work on drawing more animals particularly kangaroos.

Project Sirk

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-01 13:26:45 (edited 2015-08-01 13:27:24)

A drawing I did not long ago of Groot in my sketchbook. I decided I'll change it up from time to time in what I post here so works don't become one note.

Project Sirk

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-01 16:36:25

I really like your character designs, everything looks so clean and soft. KC has got some nice hair and hips, I think the natural looking hair colours fit the best, for me at least. But yea, I would read this based solely on art alone.

I like to eat chalk and then be sick for a bit.

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-01 20:08:22

At 8/1/15 04:36 PM, Skaalk wrote: I really like your character designs, everything looks so clean and soft. KC has got some nice hair and hips, I think the natural looking hair colours fit the best, for me at least. But yea, I would read this based solely on art alone.

Thank you for the advice and kind words. :D And yeah, I'm leaning towards the natural colors myself but I keep going back to the shades of pink and coral, maybe I can find some middle ground. Like, streaks? Who knows...

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-02 14:37:58 (edited 2015-08-02 14:41:21)

At 8/2/15 04:34 AM, PixelatedCaliber wrote: I like what I'm seeing so far. Personally, the brunette KC is by far the best one (black haired KC also looks great). It matches very well with her skin tone while the non-natural hair colors look very out of place imo. Your character sounds and looks pretty interesting, so I'm looking forward to getting more info about her and the universe that she lives in. You also have some good line work and coloring.

I find the kangaroo strange, but in a good way.

Thank you so much for writing this. Ah yes, Coco in and of herself is rather strange but that's because she isn't like most animals. She behaves and interacts very much like a human.

Currently my computer access has been hampered, so for the time being I'll be posting drawings from my sketchbook until I get the issue resolved. :/

Project Sirk

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-03 14:24:09

Another KC sketch but with her in her work outfit per say. This is just the second reworked version of the first outfit as seen in the Besties pic. I'll probably change it again knowing me. Anyway, she's dressed as a ringmaster because I have her owning a traveling circus.

Project Sirk

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-03 15:46:24

At 7/31/15 06:29 PM, CircusRoo wrote: KC Duval in the flesh.

Her design is not final yet. Just testing out a few hair colors I think will be neat.

The KC Duval serie is really nice. With an original pose.

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-04 04:02:58

At 8/3/15 02:24 PM, CircusRoo wrote: Another KC sketch but with her in her work outfit per say. This is just the second reworked version of the first outfit as seen in the Besties pic. I'll probably change it again knowing me. Anyway, she's dressed as a ringmaster because I have her owning a traveling circus.

She looks really short in this drawing, I don't know why, might just be the outfit. Still a cool outfit though.

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-04 11:33:27

At 8/3/15 03:46 PM, exobnkr wrote:
At 7/31/15 06:29 PM, CircusRoo wrote: KC Duval in the flesh.

The KC Duval serie is really nice. With an original pose.

Thank you so much.

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-04 11:36:58

At 8/4/15 04:02 AM, Skaalk wrote:
At 8/3/15 02:24 PM, CircusRoo wrote: Another KC sketch but with her in her work outfit per say. This is just the second reworked version of the first outfit as seen in the Besties pic. I'll probably change it again knowing me. Anyway, she's dressed as a ringmaster because I have her owning a traveling circus.
She looks really short in this drawing, I don't know why, might just be the outfit. Still a cool outfit though.

You're the second person to have said this. Hmm, she's not supposed to tall but she isn't all short either. So it could very well be the outfit...I don't know.

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-04 13:25:03

KC and an unnamed person who I'll expand on in the future.

Project Sirk

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-04 17:26:46

You're the second person to have said this. Hmm, she's not supposed to tall but she isn't all short either. So it could very well be the outfit...I don't know.

I think it is the outfit, but she still looks good in it.

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-14 00:15:47

At 8/4/15 05:26 PM, Skaalk wrote:
I think it is the outfit, but she still looks good in it.

^ Thanks!

Finally got around to coloring this. Still iffy with some of the colors but overall okay with it.

Project Sirk

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-16 21:06:20

A sketch I'm currently working on. I'll be positing the line art and finished product soon. XD

Project Sirk

Response to Project Sirk 2015-08-27 12:34:19

More KC sketches albeit old.

Project Sirk

Response to Project Sirk 2015-09-03 22:16:38

Really need to start coloring these sketches.

Project Sirk