00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wetrinas just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

WTF is a Freshmen Orientation?

734 Views | 26 Replies

WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 02:50:59

I don't understand, haAAAAAAAAAAaaalp. School doesn't start for me until the 12th but I have to go to that on the 3rd. And it's 7 FUCKING HOURS.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 02:53:19

Sounds like something that involves hazing, you're going to need to clench your asscheeks real tight

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 03:04:19

That's where they show you where some shit is and tell you what not to do.

Also known as "Ha ha, we already got your tuition Day".

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 03:08:24

At 7/27/15 03:04 AM, soupflavoredsoup wrote: That's where they show you where some shit is and tell you what not to do.

Pretty much this. You get briefed on some stuff that may be relevant to you as a new student so you're not running around like a chicken with its head cut off when the school year begins.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 03:22:16

At 7/27/15 03:08 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 7/27/15 03:04 AM, soupflavoredsoup wrote: That's where they show you where some shit is and tell you what not to do.

Pretty much this. You get briefed on some stuff that may be relevant to you as a new student so you're not running around like a chicken with its head cut off when the school year begins.

But what takes 7 hours to get that point across. I know we get a lunch break and idk what time it starts. I just know I have to be there at 8am.

BBS Signature

Depends on the school you are going to attend.

Roughly, I guess a freshman orientation in the US means a program where they familiarize you with stuff you need to know. You may need to register for your classes on that day. It may or may not include group activities that help you get to know other new freshmen.

In other words, I don't really know.

PS @Painbringer, why am I not banned yet?

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Alright so you're going to a new school so part of it should be showing you around because if it's anything like my old hs it'll be a massive fucking labyrinth. Also it's where the principal comes and tells you not to run in the halls or smoke in the bathrooms or bring guns to school. You might learn about the types of classes offered? It's been a while so idk did you already choose your electives? If not then you'll probably choose now. Maybe you'll learn about new clubs and shit. Have a blast ave's school is cool

@NEOSLAYRE

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 03:33:39

At 7/27/15 03:29 AM, Chocomilk wrote: Alright so you're going to a new school so part of it should be showing you around because if it's anything like my old hs it'll be a massive fucking labyrinth. Also it's where the principal comes and tells you not to run in the halls or smoke in the bathrooms or bring guns to school. You might learn about the types of classes offered? It's been a while so idk did you already choose your electives? If not then you'll probably choose now. Maybe you'll learn about new clubs and shit. Have a blast ave's school is cool

@NEOSLAYRE

Yeah I chose my electives awhile back, I chose spanish and I forgot what else. I need to learn how to speak to people because I live in CA. *hint* *hint*

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 03:50:28

It's where you'll meet your best friends for the next two weeks who you will never speak to again afterwards.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Freshmen Orientation is when you are closed in a room with fat greasy senior with sexual orientation aimed towards freshmen.

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 05:00:39

I also applied for a work study at the computer labs as a lab assistant during orientation. Basically I just sat a a desk and made sure the computers were clean and operable, fixed paper jams in the printers, and prevented people from bringing coffee and soft drinks up to the computers. Easy money.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 05:08:53

I don't know man.
Just google it you fool.

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 05:14:34

At 7/27/15 05:08 AM, MuramasasEdge wrote: I don't know man.
Just google it you fool.

What's a Google?

Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but I haven't been keeping in touch with Internet technology for a long time.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 05:30:15

i went to one for two hours. it was a whole weekend thing. i bailed and went back to sleep.

most likely its not required to go

lel

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 07:20:02

Pay attention. You don't want to be ridiculed as 'that one retard who gets lost in school'.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 07:59:40

>mfw I never had to go to a freshmen orientation

BBS Signature

that one retard

Earned this reputation long ago.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 15:57:31

At 7/27/15 05:14 AM, Sobolev wrote:
At 7/27/15 05:08 AM, MuramasasEdge wrote: I don't know man.
Just google it you fool.
What's a Google?

Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but I haven't been keeping in touch with Internet technology for a long time.

Pretty sure sarcastic, but obvious nature in me compells me...

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 16:32:52

It's that program that allows you to make any select teacher your bottom bitch in the janitors closer.

What? That didn't happen at any of your freshman orientations? Fucking weirdos.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 17:16:37

i missed 90% of mine when i went to college, saw some kid who was said to be a 4.00 student in hs and he was supposed to attend my college however he didn't cuz my college is for poor rejects.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 18:54:07

My freshman orientation they helped me register some basic classes, and we got to listen to a bunch of shit about how if a dude is drunk and a girl has sex with him it's not rape, but if a chick is drunk and dude fucks her it's rape. There are some pretty feministic forces at work on my campus. I got to go upstage and make a fool of myself but I got the other kids to laugh cuz it was a improv thing. Oh and I took my student ID photo where I looked like a drunken hobo.. Good times.

Expect a bunch of annoying group activities.

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 19:32:17

At 7/27/15 07:18 PM, Piggler wrote: lol my orientation was only an hour or so

Ditch it. You'll just have to figure shit out by experience, which isn't even that bad.

Can't, parents are making me go.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 19:46:00

it's really not a big deal. just to get your bearings and learn where everything in the school is and all.

if you bitch about orientation, heh, just wait for the year itself.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-27 20:08:04

Skip it, otherwise you'll have to carry a pickle in your butt and take a bite every time it drops.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-28 03:03:52

At 7/27/15 08:08 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 7/27/15 03:22 AM, Avery wrote: But what takes 7 hours to get that point across. I know we get a lunch break and idk what time it starts. I just know I have to be there at 8am.
In my orientation we went outside and shot a rubber chicken out of an air cannon so maybe you'll do something like that

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-28 03:16:07

At 7/28/15 03:03 AM, Avery wrote: Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Why'd you want to bump your shitty thread with a shitty post like that

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is a Freshmen Orientation? 2015-07-28 03:16:38

At 7/28/15 03:16 AM, PannedCakes wrote:
At 7/28/15 03:03 AM, Avery wrote: Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Why'd you want to bump your shitty thread with a shitty post like that

I haven't been able to get on and I just seen it.

BBS Signature