00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"The One-Tailed Fox" excerp.

459 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

"The One-Tailed Fox" excerp. 2015-07-10 17:43:59

It would take a long time to really explain the story, so I'm just gonna let you guys read if you want, and hopefully you won't have any trouble. Enjoy : )

A few miles from home, Remi stood on the other side of a small creek from Milah.
“Come on, Milah. You can do it!” said Remi, encouragingly.
There was a headboard from an old bed lying over the creek as a makeshift bridge, but Milah was too afraid to cross.
“What if a chocodile comes up and bites my butt?” asked Milah, pitifully.
Remi laughed. “What's a 'chocodile,' silly? Sounds yummy.”
“Can you come get me?” asked Milah who was practically in tears.
Remi sighed. “No, Milah. You have to be brave. You can do it! I know you can!”
Milah bashfully looked at her feet as she gently kicked a hapless mushroom back and forth.
“If you don't cross over... then you're a Blue John!”
“I'm not a Blue John!!” yelled Milah.
“Aw, what's wrong? Did you swallow your beard again?” asked Remi, teasingly.
“Shut up! You're a Blue John!!” Milah pointed and gave her nasty looks.
Milah then stood at the base of the headboard, looking at the racing water below.
Remi mocked Milah. “I can't breathe through all this beard,” said Remi, imitating Blue John. “'cause I'm Blue John! Unng!”
“Grrr.” Milah was steamed. She gritted her teeth and madly dashed across the headboard like Remi owed her money. Once she made it across, Remi caught her and lifted her into the air.
“I knew you could do it!”
“I told you I'm not a Blue John.”
“Yep! I didn't really mean it.”
Milah smiled.
“You were really brave, Milah. Come on, I wanna show you something.”
Remi led Milah though some cornbread bushes and under woody vines.
On the other side were some old stone ruins. There was a pyramid sorta structure made of old cinder blocks, the kind that gas station bathroom keys are attached to. It was about 15 ft. tall, give or take, and kinda wobbly as there was no mortar holding the bricks together. They must have been pretty old, as the structure was covered in moss and dirt, and weathered like an abandoned stove out in the woods.
“Wow!” said a very wide-eyed Milah. “This must be a Brazilian years old!”
Remi laughed. “It must be.”
Remi stepped her way to the top as gracefully as a gazelle.
“Come on Milah, come sit with me.”
Milah clambered and fumbled her way up to her sister like a drunk elephant trying to climb broken stairs.
“This is where I come to think and mull stuff over. Nobody knows about this place 'cept you and me. It's a secret, okay?”
Milah nodded.
Remi put her arm around Milah.“This'll be our little secret.” said Remi as she winked. “Don't go spilling the beans to mom and dad. I don't want them to find out and get their mom-and-dad all over it.”
“You don't have to worry, Remi. I don't even like beans. They look look like little kidneys and it creeps me out.”
“I'm serious, Milah. I just told you some level 10 info. You gotta swear to secrecy.”
“I won't tell. I plomise.”
Remi laughed again. “We're gonna have a little talk about word pronunciation when we get home.”
Milah was puzzled. "Remi, what's a word pun-un-cication?"
Remi laughed and Milah smiled, though, she didn't know what was so funny.

BBS Signature

Response to "The One-Tailed Fox" excerp. 2015-07-19 20:06:55

This was adorable. It's wonderful seeing a story that's plain fun on here. No snark, violence, or sex. All those things have their place (ESPECIALLY here on Newgrounds), but this stands out simply for having the tone it does. I just had this goofy smile on my face the entire time.

I wouldn't have had this impression if I didn't look at the picture first, but I was under the impression that Remi was the fox mentioned in the title and the image. I was thrown off a little at "Remi caught her and lifted her into the air"...how? Did she catch her by the nape with her mouth? Or am I 100% off-base and the fox hasn't been introduced yet, and these are two human sisters?

Response to "The One-Tailed Fox" excerp. 2015-07-19 21:36:01

Aw, thanks : ) That's really nice of you. And they are sisters and both of them human. The fox is not in the part of the story. Sorry for any confusion!

BBS Signature