00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Asorber just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Darkest Dungeon... Or Dark Souls?

1,733 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Is it harder than Dark Souls? I think it could be. Darkest Dungeon has permadeath >.<
Personally as someone looking at these two games there is no comparison on difficulty, but which is the superior challenger for their genre? I think they're both at the top list for difficulty but very high rewards for the geniuses who can beat these very hard games with relative ease.

I guess a better question would be which is harder to learn and what's the easiest way to survive and level up. The most important aspects of both games are surviving, collecting gold or souls for upgrading and leveling up. But permadeath is the biggest bitch with DD.. thoughts?

Noggleton is so cool lol

BBS Signature

Response to Darkest Dungeon... Or Dark Souls? 2015-07-06 11:11:47

they're two very different kinds of games with similar themes- DD is a survival RPG while the souls series is action rpgs.
simply put, they're both difficult

Response to Darkest Dungeon... Or Dark Souls? 2015-07-06 12:29:34

Dark Souls is down to your skill against the bullshit brutal difficulty where you are forced to get good and a dodge...eventually reaching the point when you have enough armour to stick under the bosses feet and guzzle estus flasks while constantly hacking him up completely forgetting difficulty exists.

Darkest Dungeon is based around you having little to no control over all the random bullshit the game throws at you going more to the rougelike side of things with character permadeath which can occur from total bullshit at times.

So tl;dr a pointless question since they are blatantly different, in one you are forced to get good and when you are finally good the difficulty is gone while the other forces you to sit through bullshit constantly.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature