00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I don't understand some Christians.

2,363 Views | 33 Replies

(DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT GENERALIZING ABOUT ALL CHRISTIANS! I understand there are other denominations that are more accepting of the issues that I note here, I am not trying to offend or provide any sort of hate speech in any way, shape, or form.)

I live in a situation that really pulls the stress nerves out, ever since my mother died a year and a half ago I've had to live with my stepdad's parents along with my three other sisters and two other brothers, and my grandparents are a couple of those Conservative Christian types. I don't want any part of that, I'm more of an Independent Atheist type, and while I've never actually declared it to them, they've probably kind of figured it out by now.

As part of living here I am unfortunately forced to go to church. (One of those churches that are strictly Bible oriented), that means that most of the Sunday school lesson are about such hot topics as:

*Gays
*Abortion
*Evolution
*The End Times (which are apparently coming soon! BETTER GET SAVED!)
*Global Warming

Now my issue here is not that they are voicing their beliefs, I would expect that much and I respect that. My issue is that they like to live in some sort of fantasy land. A place where they hear God's voice telling them how to direct every bit of their life. A place where they pretend that they were able to stay virgins until they got married (although with the appearance of some of the people who go there, that may actually be true). A place where they ignore physical scientific evidence proving that we evolved from primates rather than being related to the first two people who ever lived.

See my point here? Why do they like to put their head in the sand in the face of the proof of evolution, or inconsistencies in the Bible, or the fact that most gay people can't really help the fact that they are attracted to the same sex and there really is no way to "reeducate" them, or the fact they think they can have a "personal, loving relationship" with a guy who lived 2000 years ago and may not have even existed?

I don't know, your thoughts?

Signatures are stupid

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 16:01:41

Here we have another "enlightened" atheist

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 16:07:34

I am Christian, however I don't understand the Christians that do things like deny the earths real scientific age, evolution, or are against gay marriage. It is absolutely ridiculous to say that the earth is only a few thousand years old or say that humans just spontaneously appeared without evolving, and being gay is natural and isn't a sin, and there's no way to change that.

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 16:11:39

Christianity is a fantasy where humanity is saved by human sacrifice. It doesn't make sense. People cling to the moral code that was brought forth in the bronze age. They cling to several translations of retranslations of old ramblings meant to govern sheep herders. Obviously, writings which condone slavery are not applicable to modern society. But people can't handle their lives without guidance. They need some kind of ultimate authority to answer to, and they generally give validation to the bible because it's so crusty and old, it must be the real deal.

It's obscured through history and it's mysterious. And that's all some people need for the mystical to be true.

too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 16:21:12

At 7/2/15 04:16 PM, SansNumbers wrote:
At 7/2/15 03:56 PM, mariozplaze wrote: (One of those churches that are strictly Bible oriented)
I'm glad you clarified this, I was beginning to think you went to a Christian church centered around the Qu'ran.

To be fair, there are Christian churches which completely ignore entire parts of the bible or pretend that they are "metaphorical" despite the fact that they were meant to be taken literally and have been for over 2000 years.

At 7/2/15 03:56 PM, mariozplaze wrote: (One of those churches that are strictly Bible oriented)
I'm glad you clarified this, I was beginning to think you went to a Christian church centered around the Qu'ran.

When I say this I mean that they are very reverent in following it, there are some churches that are okay with gay marriage, for example, which means they don't reverently follow the Bible.

(Bit clarified this while I was typing it)

Signatures are stupid

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 16:27:21

At 7/2/15 04:01 PM, PannedCakes wrote: Here we have another "enlightened" atheist

The fedora is strong

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 16:32:29

At 7/2/15 04:01 PM, PannedCakes wrote: Here we have another "enlightened" atheist

What do you mean by "enlightened"? Do you mean that I am an atheist that has knowledge of Christianity or something? And is it a bad thing?

Signatures are stupid

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 16:37:05

I'm a Christian and I'm gonna try and take a jab.

At 7/2/15 03:56 PM, mariozplaze wrote: See my point here?

Go suck a dick.

Why do they like to put their head in the sand in the face of the proof of evolution,

I can't tell you how many teachers I've had that have always said "Evolution is not real because there is no proof/not enough." It has something more to do with the fact that if something challenges the idea that God created the Earth in 6 days, and rested on the 7th, or says otherwise than it's false.

or inconsistencies in the Bible,

Examples?

or the fact that most gay people can't really help the fact that they are attracted to the same sex and there really is no way to "reeducate" them, or the fact they think they can have a "personal, loving relationship" with a guy who lived 2000 years ago and may not have even existed?

Objectively, the Bible says that there is no greater sin than another; all sins are equal. So the Bible's logic is that murdering a baby is just as bad as stealing a candy bar. So do I think gay people will goto eternal damnation? Hell no.

I don't know, your thoughts?

Go suck my cock.

BBS Signature

At 7/2/15 04:37 PM, Monster-64 wrote: I'm a Christian and I'm gonna try and take a jab.

At 7/2/15 03:56 PM, mariozplaze wrote: See my point here?
Go suck a dick.

Go suck my cock.

This is another one of those things I don't get about Christians. You are really making your religion look great by requesting sexual favors from another man like that... Cheers!

Signatures are stupid

At 7/2/15 04:52 PM, mariozplaze wrote: You are really making your religion look great by requesting sexual favors from another man like that... Cheers!

I'm an enlightened Christian. Now do me a favor, and let me squirt my microscopic babies in your eyes, keep your eyes open bb.

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 16:58:44

At 7/2/15 04:54 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 7/2/15 04:52 PM, mariozplaze wrote: You are really making your religion look great by requesting sexual favors from another man like that... Cheers!
I'm an enlightened Christian. Now do me a favor, and let me squirt my microscopic babies in your eyes, keep your eyes open bb.

How about this, save them and put them in your mother. There was no reason for you to take it to this level like this when I approached this topic in a calm and intelligent way. But whatever, I'll stop feeding the troll.

I don't understand some Christians.

Signatures are stupid

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 17:05:41

At 7/2/15 04:58 PM, mariozplaze wrote:
How about this, save them and put them in your mother. There was no reason for you to take it to this level like this when I approached this topic in a calm and intelligent way. But whatever, I'll stop feeding the troll.

I thought we were just horseplaying around, but it turns out you were actually getting butthurt. Do you often get this butthurt on the internet, or do you not understand obvious sarcasm?

I actually thought you were a cool guy, too.

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 17:06:26

At 7/2/15 04:32 PM, SansNumbers wrote:
At 7/2/15 04:21 PM, Bit wrote: To be fair, there are Christian churches which completely ignore entire parts of the bible or pretend that they are "metaphorical" despite the fact that they were meant to be taken literally and have been for over 2000 years.
That's the smart thing to do. The Bible was written for a completely different audience than the people of today. Then again, my belief that it's society that dictates the general flow of ethics and morals, rather than some divine force, is why I'm not a Christian.

I don't discredit their creativity.

Many modern churches are basically one giant sing-along (literally) with cameras and a live band. They've changed their strategy to appeal to a younger audience who would be bored to tears by hours of sermons.

And the pastors are as well paid as ever. Church is really just another business. More customers means more profit.

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 17:09:00

At 7/2/15 04:27 PM, tigeruppercuts wrote:
The fedora is strong

Nice alt.

At 7/2/15 05:05 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
I thought we were just horseplaying around, but it turns out you were actually getting butthurt. Do you often get this butthurt on the internet, or do you not understand obvious sarcasm?

I was horseplaying because I thought you were a troll. I like messing with trolls. (And to be fair, sarcasm is hard to detect in text)
And I don't care whether you think I'm cool or not, I do me and you do you

Signatures are stupid

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 17:10:59

At 7/2/15 05:09 PM, Bit wrote:
The fedora is strong
Nice alt.

That's not my alt

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 17:12:32

At 7/2/15 05:10 PM, PannedCakes wrote:
At 7/2/15 05:09 PM, Bit wrote:
The fedora is strong
Nice alt.
That's not my alt

Well, it's not my alt. Then whose alt is it?

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 17:23:13

the butthurt in this thread so stronk.

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 17:25:16

At 7/2/15 05:09 PM, mariozplaze wrote:
At 7/2/15 05:05 PM, Monster-64 wrote:

I was horseplaying because I thought you were a troll. I like messing with trolls. (And to be fair, sarcasm is hard to detect in text)

You see, sir, my problem with this statement is the fact that you're on Newgrounds acting like yourself without my approval to do so. You should only act yourself when I give you the consent to do so. I control your life, bitch. I'm an elite hacker and I tell the users what to do.

Infact, this account has been compromised before and you are talking to the new rightful owner of this account.

And I don't care whether you think I'm cool or not, I do me and you do you

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 18:41:56

At 7/2/15 04:21 PM, Bit wrote:
To be fair, there are Christian churches which completely ignore entire parts of the bible or pretend that they are "metaphorical" despite the fact that they were meant to be taken literally and have been for over 2000 years.

That's all churches, even the hateful ones. The hateful ones merely ignore all the parts in the Bible that tell them not to do the hate stuff. Whereas the benevolent ones ignore all the parts that command the hate stuff. The Bible contradicts itself in places and so it's logically inconsistent to take the entirety as literal.

IMO, they either base it more on the Old Testament (and you end up with these hate based churches which are all about fire and brimstone, murdering gays, and so forth) or they base it more on the New Testament (which actually may be decent churches that actually do things like run soup kitchens).

Old Testament and New Testament are incompatible with each other. So the Bible essentially has a huge identity crisis in which you have this new part that's like "I'm not trying to rewrite the old part but ..." while rewriting the old part.

Whatever people believe, fine, but let your actions speak, and the actions of hateful churches speak for themselves. Likewise the actions of benevolent churches.

But forcing someone to go to church is wrong as is forcing a belief on someone.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 19:07:01

At 7/2/15 04:37 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
or inconsistencies in the Bible,
Examples?

Old Testament: Cut the tip of your dick off.
New Testament: Don't cut the tip of your dick off.

Old Testament: Kill all gays, adulterers, rape victims, infants of the conquered, so on and so forth
New Testament: Don't do that shit.

Old Testament: Eye for an eye.
New Testament: Forgiveness, turn the other cheek, if someone steals one cloak from you give him a second one as a freebie

Etc and so forth

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 19:28:37

>"I am all over the web, here are my accounts in some of those places.
[ROBLOX] [Youtube]
[Uncyclopedia]"
>roblox

Number of reasons factor in as to why there are extremists. Exposing them to the heavy stuff while they're young, taut and malleable is a key component.

It gets sadder as they get older-- still retaining the same mindset, coming quickly to conclusions from unenlightened points of view.

Good thing they're a fucking minority.

Get over it.

Real fuckin' better to just pay them no mind at all.

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 19:36:57

At 7/2/15 07:28 PM, w00tw00 wrote: >"I am all over the web, here are my accounts in some of those places.
[ROBLOX] [Youtube]
[Uncyclopedia]"
>roblox

yeah keep trying to greentext on newgrounds, that'll show everyone your secret club membership

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 20:15:45

This thread got WAY out of hand.

Signatures are stupid

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-02 20:35:54

At 7/2/15 08:17 PM, bodewash wrote: How to get a lot of posts in a thread: Talk about religion and act like an idiot

I didn't act like an idiot, some guy decided to be a smartass...

Signatures are stupid

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-03 00:15:49

At 7/2/15 03:56 PM, mariozplaze wrote: (DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT GENERALIZING ABOUT ALL CHRISTIANS! I understand there are other denominations that are more accepting of the issues that I note here, I am not trying to offend or provide any sort of hate speech in any way, shape, or form.)

:: As part of living here I am unfortunately forced to go to church. (One of those churches that are strictly Bible oriented), that means that most of the Sunday school lesson are about such hot topics as:

YOU don't have to, there christens. let christens be christens. I am friends with two christens. ;p

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-03 00:41:33

Ive never been to one of these loose churches. They all talked about the world coming to an end because of gay rights and abortion. Even the youth ones were even worse. Though there was my first church where some guys would jerk me off and an older girl wanted to fuck me. That one was pretty open minded in that aspect.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand some Christians. 2015-07-03 09:55:56

At 7/3/15 01:28 AM, dem0lecule wrote: I'm an atheist, and I'm SICK AND TIRED of you atheists blabbing about other religions. Just shut up and move on with your things.

finally someone who gets it thank you!! I'm so fucking tired of it's like no matter where you go there will always be an atheist and Christian on the internet arguing about who is right.

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature