00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tophat1607 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Council of Ricks

6,644 Views | 60 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Council of Ricks 2015-07-01 19:11:21

This is a crew for all things Rick and Morty.

Rick and Morty is a show on Adult Swim. It is about the adventures of a alcoholic genius scientist Rick and his *Buuurp* not so genius grandson Morty. Their adventures take them to all sorts of other dimensions with the help of Ricks portal gun. They go on missions to find sciencey stuff, and get into trouble with all sorts of crazy things.

If you like Rick and Morty then post away, if you don't then fine. You wear the pants around here, this is y-y-your house dawg.

R&M Season 2 July 26th. WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!!

The Council of Ricks

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-03 12:36:57

The first two episodes of season 2 leaked and are both super good.

Been going through the first season with the commentary tracks on over the last week or so, which are also really funny.

Best comedy on TV at the moment by a country mile.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-03 14:17:53

It's just Rick and Morty! Rick and Morty and their adventures, Morty! Rick and Morty forever and ever, a hundred years Rick and Morty! Me and Rick and Morty running around, and Rick and Morty time! All day long forever, all a hundred days, Rick and Morty!

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-03 14:26:12

At 7/3/15 02:17 PM, Dr-Worm wrote: It's just Rick and Morty! Rick and Morty and their adventures, Morty! Rick and Morty forever and ever, a hundred years Rick and Morty! Me and Rick and Morty running around, and Rick and Morty time! All day long forever, all a hundred days, Rick and Morty!

dot com

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-03 23:38:52

At 7/3/15 12:36 PM, TheMaster wrote: The first two episodes of season 2 leaked and are both super good.

I did not know that they leaked. Do you have the link?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-03 23:54:28

Im probably more Morty than Rick.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-08 13:36:15

At 7/3/15 12:36 PM, TheMaster wrote: The first two episodes of season 2 leaked and are both super good.
Been going through the first season with the commentary tracks on over the last week or so, which are also really funny.
Best comedy on TV at the moment by a country mile.

I have not watched them yet, is the quality worth a dam?

Yes this show is hilarious and I cant get my wife to watch it. She gives me this very Beth like look and then i am having that "does this conversation sound tedious" talk.

At 7/3/15 11:54 PM, JBK wrote: Im probably more Morty than Rick.

Well remember Mortys and not defined by their relationships to Rick.

The Council of Ricks

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-08 14:13:39

At 7/8/15 01:36 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: I have not watched them yet, is the quality worth a dam?

They're fine. Not HD, but just as good as the SD rips you'd see from the broadcast versions.

The Council of Ricks

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-09 12:20:13

So here is a long theory on Rick's actual origin and his relationship with Morty.

In the case of TL/DR. Below is the short hand version.
Ricks from a different reality C137 is his origin reality and he ruined that one and morty died. So he came to a new reality and set up shop.
Long Version

In R&M, Rick shows up and has been part of the Family for the last year. After being absent for the previous 20. That we learn in episode one. As the season progresses we continue to learn about Rick. He is a genius that is broken, hurt, and cares solely about his own needs. At least that is what we believe through most of the season.

In Ep. 10 Close Rick-counters of the Rick-kind, he is called Rick from dimension C137. When Rick is captured by the Scar Rick and his mind is being scanned. His memory's are being shown on the screen. The memory's show alot of Rickish stuff, then it focuses on Morty. Here is where it gets interesting. In his memory, Rick is picking up Morty as a young child. It then shows a sequence of shots of Morty from Ricks eyes on some of the adventures from season 1.

Thing is that Rick has only been in Mortys life for the last year. Before that he was gone for 20 years as stated by Beth. That along with the Wubba Lubba Dub Dub and his heavy drinking lead to the fact that this Rick is from another reality. This worlds Rick is dead and he took his spot same as R&M did in Rick Potion #9. Assuming that, then one can hypothesis that this Rick's Morty died in his reality or on some adventure. He came here after he ruined his reality or could not bear to go on without Morty.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-27 10:27:03

Well that was a Ricktastic premiere. #EinsteinBeatdown

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-27 12:29:37

At 7/27/15 10:27 AM, TheRipper00 wrote: Well that was a Ricktastic premiere. #EinsteinBeatdown

Second episode is even better.

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-27 21:47:32

I did not care for the Season two premiere. It was okay, but not as entertaining as Season one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-27 23:26:17

I wish to join the Council of Ricks, as for the first episode it was alright but Ive already watched the leaked episodes

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-31 14:51:04

At 7/9/15 12:20 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: So here is a long theory on Rick's actual origin and his relationship with Morty.

thats a great theory! but they said they aren't going to go to deep into Ricks past to keep his character kind of aloof.

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-31 15:36:09

Rick fuckin up his suicide was amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-07-31 19:51:59

At 7/31/15 02:51 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/9/15 12:20 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: So here is a long theory on Rick's actual origin and his relationship with Morty.
thats a great theory! but they said they aren't going to go to deep into Ricks past to keep his character kind of aloof.

Ya, I was just reading that today . I love the fact that they are going to stay away from fan service. So they do not box themselves in creativity. Smart move, and I love the fact that it leaves open the possibility for anything to happen. Still I can hope next season we get some more Evil / Genius Morty. I would love to see pieces of that arch over time.

Is it Sunday yet?

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-08-01 17:52:57

At 7/31/15 07:51 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Ya, I was just reading that today . I love the fact that they are going to stay away from fan service. So they do not box themselves in creativity. Smart move, and I love the fact that it leaves open the possibility for anything to happen. Still I can hope next season we get some more Evil / Genius Morty. I would love to see pieces of that arch over time.

Is it Sunday yet?

they wil but its gonna be vague as hell where it makes more questions than answer them, like Oh I had a ex like that who nearly decapitated me.

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-08-03 12:54:57

At 8/1/15 07:24 PM, kanef wrote: im the one true morty ama

All hail the one true morty!

I was dying last night at the Jerryboree. Everything about that episode was amazing, especially ricks pseudo fatality move on Gearhead. Once again Morty has a traumatizing decision he has to make, and he "lived" another entire lifetime. You have to wonder when will the weight of all of these adventures will be to much for his mind to handle.

Still, I think everyone would benefit from Blips and Chitz. Teach Dave and Buster's punk ass a thing or two.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-08-06 03:29:02

"Stupid-ass Fart-saving carpet store motherfucker..."

Loved the little background gag at Blips & Chitz with the Meeseeks.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-08-12 09:58:11

Awww shit dawg!!! R&M drug and sex partyyyyyy!

Latest episode was fantastic!! It tapped back into that darkness & inner pain, that made Close Rickcounters of the Rick Kind and Love Potion #9 amazing. I really liked the fact we saw the pain in Rick this time not Morty. Showing he still has humanity, just buried under the depression and numbness. Wubba Lubba Dub Dub my good sir.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-08-12 15:35:46

Has anyone else noticed that Rick doesn't burp nearly as much this season? I kinda miss it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-08-20 14:20:25 (edited 2015-08-20 14:20:50)

So, Ep 4. was great. The end was mind fucking a little bit. Was that just another dimension and not "Our" rick and morty? The flashbacks to all the horrible shit that family does to each other was fantastic.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-09-02 11:44:22

So now I am just waiting for Jon Stewart to come on R&M. Steven was awesome on this last episode. So was the mind fucking melting ghost baby.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-09-02 12:19:04

At 9/2/15 11:44 AM, TheRipper00 wrote: So now I am just waiting for Jon Stewart to come on R&M. Steven was awesome on this last episode. So was the mind fucking melting ghost baby.

Why would Jon Stewart show up on this show? Do you have a link that talks about it happening?

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-09-04 15:49:16 (edited 2015-09-04 15:50:22)

At 9/2/15 12:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Why would Jon Stewart show up on this show? Do you have a link that talks about it happening?

Wishful thinking! Well John Oliver was in Season 1 Ep.3 Anatomy park. Steven Colbert was on last weeks episode. So maybe we get lucky and Stewart shows up in season 3. Daily Show R&M style!

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-09-08 22:48:13

At 9/4/15 03:49 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Well John Oliver was in Season 1 Ep.3 Anatomy park. Steven Colbert was on last weeks episode. So maybe we get lucky and Stewart shows up in season 3. Daily Show R&M style!

He is free after his brief WWE appearance. Yes, Stewart was actually on wrestling.
The more celebrities of Rick and Morty the better.

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-09-21 11:42:56

This whole 2nd season has been pretty damn funny. Last nights episode was okay, not enough improve commercials or ball fondlers. Hope the show keeps on going for a long time, oh and heres a free picture

The Council of Ricks

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-09-21 12:52:47

At 9/21/15 11:42 AM, omega88x wrote: This whole 2nd season has been pretty damn funny. Last nights episode was okay, not enough improve commercials or ball fondlers.

It was funny, but they could of been more creative with the TV shows.

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-09-25 02:39:10

I'm feeling Shwifty in here. cool if I take off my pants and my panties? No you cant ask why a grown man is wearing those.

BBS Signature

Response to The Council of Ricks 2015-09-25 02:42:36

At 9/21/15 12:52 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/21/15 11:42 AM, omega88x wrote: This whole 2nd season has been pretty damn funny. Last nights episode was okay, not enough improve commercials or ball fondlers.
It was funny, but they could of been more creative with the TV shows.

I dont really want Ball fondlers to get too played out. It was a gem when they did first Infinite tv episode though. Earlier in this season they did go see it in theaters though ( battery episode). The rest of the commercials were definitely not as good though.

BBS Signature