00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

possibly a scam?

504 Views | 7 Replies

possibly a scam? 2015-06-23 22:28:46

i logged onto newgrounds today and at the top of my page there was a notification that asked me if my email was still the same, i pressed verify and it sent an email to my email account, i haven't opened the email yet but is this normal or is this a phishing link or virus/scam of some kind?

Response to possibly a scam? 2015-06-23 22:54:18

I have it on pretty good faith that it's legit. There should probably be an announcement thread or something for this.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to possibly a scam? 2015-06-23 23:27:01

I can confirm that it's not a scam.

Yes... yes... open the email... it's legit, I promise...

Response to possibly a scam? 2015-06-24 00:12:28

They're doing that to help put some people away who the authorities are trying to build cases against based on Internet activities they don't have full access to.

I'm basing that on nothing.

Response to possibly a scam? 2015-06-24 00:19:56

At 6/23/15 10:28 PM, RedBling wrote: i logged onto newgrounds today and at the top of my page there was a notification that asked me if my email was still the same, i pressed verify and it sent an email to my email account, i haven't opened the email yet but is this normal or is this a phishing link or virus/scam of some kind?

Yea it is safe. As long as you know you are on the right website and it looks something like this and it remains on every page on Newgrounds you go to.

possibly a scam?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to possibly a scam? 2015-06-27 21:19:28

ah excellent cheers, i never had it before on newgrounds so to see a big orange link at the top was a little strange, thanks for all the help

Response to possibly a scam? 2015-06-27 21:25:55

At 6/23/15 10:56 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: That's legit. Many people, myself included, made our accounts many years ago, so we all haven't kept the same e-mail address in the meantime.

remember how crappy our old AOL email names were? "shockstick22" was mine

I still use AOL mail sometimes. Usually only as a backup email.

derp

Response to possibly a scam? 2015-06-27 21:41:34

i still have 2 AOL emails but i haven't used those in years, since the days of dial up