00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #5!!!

8,005 Views | 188 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #5!!! 2015-07-16 18:01:17

New voting reforms are awesome!

As well, I know you're all waiting for the next WIP, which will be up by the end of the day, I promise. Got some Boozy vocals in there already, as well as a few Seneka-snaps, and I'm going to try to lay down a percussion track and maybe, just possibly, a second bass-vocal, just to round out the sound.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #5!!! 2015-07-16 19:52:33

At 7/16/15 09:28 AM, BrenTheMan wrote: I believe one user alone had voted 0 a total of 57 times across all sing-a-long submissions. Combined with vote power, this is obviously very damaging to a submission's scores. Plus, I found that people who voted 0 would vote again daily over twice as much as people who voted higher.

Wait so you can see who did it? Why not just give them an actual warning or ban for abusing the system?

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #5!!! 2015-07-17 02:12:22

So...this one is indeed going a little bit slower than others we have done, but that don't mean for a second that it isn't going anywhere! I present thee all with WIP #4!!!

I have added in:

-Seneka snaps.
-Boozy vocals.
-Some douchebag with a flat-cap did some electric guitar work.
-Same unshowered douchbag decided beatbox was a suitable stand-in for actual percussion.
-EQ, some clean-up, including someone screaming in the background of said boozy vocals.
-Three beers.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #5!!! 2015-07-17 19:10:00

Hello? Guys? Was my WIP so bad no one wants to tell me? Guys? Is this a joke? Haha guys...you can come out now...

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #5!!! 2015-07-17 22:44:54

At 7/17/15 07:10 PM, Ceevro wrote: Hello? Guys? Was my WIP so bad no one wants to tell me? Guys? Is this a joke? Haha guys...you can come out now...

The WIP is sounding good, Ceevs! The blatant pitch shifting will never cease to bother me, unfortunately. Fixing individual notes is one thing, but sliding entire vocal and instrumental sections up the scale just feels like overkill. Regardless, you've taken on a pretty immense role and have been doing a right solid job. Probably better than I could do, though I'm going to find out when I work on a bit of vocal mixing (oh boy) in the not-so-distant future, myself. It's been a while, and I've never actually done so in FL Studio at all, so...that'll be fun. Step's shoes are impossible to fill, but you have been doing your damnedest, and I respect the hell out of that. Keep on keepin' on.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #5!!! 2015-07-17 22:53:18

Pitch-shifting? I auto-tuned some stuff, but I didn't totally pitch-shift anything! I'd mess with individual notes, if I knew how...I also had to quantize some of my own instrumentals and time-stretch slightly...but yeah, I ain't no @Step!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #5!!! 2015-08-05 05:36:12

Sorry to wake you all but by "soon" with my vocals I guess I mean in about a week, since I'm taking a flight back home in a few hours and won't be able to sing at all. Sorry to keep you waiting, I promise I will do them. I tried today but the studio was fully booked.

Hey, want me to mix the final one then, since it's the summer holiday now?
Just so you know, my production style is more "larger than life" than Step's so I might make it sounds more like a pop album but I promise to keep it grounded in reality at least in feel.
Ceevro, if you say yes, could you send me the files with any noise removal already done (if you had to do any), please? I don't currently have noise removal software 'cause I never need it for my own stuff.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #5!!! 2015-08-05 09:04:35

At 8/5/15 06:20 AM, MetalRenard wrote: Hey, want me to mix the final one then, since it's the summer holiday now?
Just so you know, my production style is more "larger than life" than Step's so I might make it sounds more like a pop album but I promise to keep it grounded in reality at least in feel.
Ceevro, if you say yes, could you send me the files with any noise removal already done (if you had to do any), please? I don't currently have noise removal software 'cause I never need it for my own stuff.

Well, it seems like our current mixer is MIA...I mean, I don't mind mixing the WIPs, but that would require some more submissions now, wouldn't it? I can certainly send you what little we have at the moment...I haven't been using noise reduction, as my software isn't what you'd call amazing. I'll have to get you the files tomorrow afternoon - I got this weird 'work' thing going on until then!