00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JustSomeInternetdude just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I don't understand MOBA's

1,320 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I don't understand MOBA's 2015-05-31 19:03:40

How do people like them? Why are they so popular? It;s like everyone I know plays league now and I tried getting into it, and I tried DOTA, and I just don't get either of them.
It's like somebody said "Hey lets take an RTS and remove all the strategy from it." It's just three lanes where mobs fight themselves and you watch while occasionally clicking on a lane to go to as your character slowly gets to the center. PvP is little more than clicking on a dude and hoping you have more DPS, and maybe unleashing a spell sometimes. Most are AOE so they don't actually do much against players.

Where's the fun? Why are these popular? Why the fuck is my grandma trying to get me into league? even my dog started playing yesterday.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

At 5/31/15 07:03 PM, sweet21 wrote: How do people like them? Why are they so popular? It;s like everyone I know plays league now and I tried getting into it, and I tried DOTA, and I just don't get either of them.
It's like somebody said "Hey lets take an RTS and remove all the strategy from it." It's just three lanes where mobs fight themselves and you watch while occasionally clicking on a lane to go to as your character slowly gets to the center. PvP is little more than clicking on a dude and hoping you have more DPS, and maybe unleashing a spell sometimes. Most are AOE so they don't actually do much against players.

Where's the fun? Why are these popular? Why the fuck is my grandma trying to get me into league? even my dog started playing yesterday.

They work themselves into the mind with a mix of repetitiveness to sew people returning, with the build up of a character each time. The act of starting off small and becoming powerful is one of the things that makes you feel empowered and like you have earned and worked towards something. Often games merely do this the one time or similar as you build towards the end game. But these games do it every single time you start a new match as level 1 with no equipment.

I will go on record with saying that is horrible. Since it is frankly a feeding of an addiction to become powerful merely to have it taken away and being forced to go through it once again. Restarting an RPG to play through it again is perfectly fine, restarting a 30 minute game from scratch and very often however is not. I sadly have fallen for it also and have found myself playing this game and Dota 2 quite a lot from a lack of other things to feel like playing, it is a mindless choice which preys on the easy addictive element and is not a good thing. Not as bad as microtransaction games but....oh wait League of Legends totally tries to force you to pay money at every turn by locking characters behind a ridiculously slow to earn ingame currency. All characters should be free to play, it is bullshit to block them and demand money like that.

Oh and apparently the heroes of the swarm shit is even worse somehow. Managed to not play that one yet and will refuse to never touch it despite having the Beta access given to me by a friend. The beta access by the way costing like £20 unless Blizzard decided you have "earned it" in some way. Oh yes, be a loyal follower of the company to not need to PAY TO TEST THEIR FUCKING GAME TO SEE IF IT WORKS.

Paying for beta testing is such a pathetic thing, no wonder games which have such requirements to test end up being so flawed.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand MOBA's 2015-06-03 20:45:11

I know what you mean. Everyone I know tried to get me into League at some point, but I just wasn't digging it.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam