00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Art program?

410 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What Art program? 2015-05-24 19:02:36

Dear Art communtity,

I just got a new wacom tablet and it is awesome. But the only program that is avalible to me is microsoft paint. If I am going to invest in a program what program should I use? And is there any tips on using a wacom tablet or any tablet with the program that you suggest? Thank you I can't wait to make more art!

Response to What Art program? 2015-05-24 19:44:58 (edited 2015-05-24 19:46:30)

At 5/24/15 07:02 PM, MadisonBug wrote: Dear Art communtity,

I just got a new wacom tablet and it is awesome. But the only program that is avalible to me is microsoft paint. If I am going to invest in a program what program should I use? And is there any tips on using a wacom tablet or any tablet with the program that you suggest? Thank you I can't wait to make more art!

Free: Paint Tool Sai
I haven't used this myself but hear plenty of people use it.

What I use: Manga Studio 5 (AKA Clip Studio Paint Pro)
Manga Studio 5 is around $30 on Amazon right now.
You can try out a trial version of Manga Studio 5 from the website.
You just can't save any files. (but you can take screenshots *hint hint*)

Other options: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Problem is that these are part of the Adobe Creative Suite which runs off of a subscription.

Response to What Art program? 2015-05-24 20:36:35

I've use mainly photoshop, it's pretty good. Sketchbook pro is a nice cheaper alternative and i've heard good things about paint tool sai as well.

Response to What Art program? 2015-05-25 04:03:49

At 5/24/15 07:02 PM, MadisonBug wrote: Dear Art communtity,

Im using a program called Krita, and it's free and amazing
It's very much like photoshop and it's not much that photoshop can do that Krita can't
You'll find it at Krita Website Hope I helped :)