00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Difficulty exporting songs from FLS

1,459 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm currently having difficulty exporting a song from Fl Studio. In Fl Studio, the song sounds fine, but when I export it, the bass (And since it's DnB, the bass is really noticed) sounds all abrasive and forceful, which wasn't how it sounded when in Fl Studio. Every note is played almost violently. The rest of the note sounds fine, it's just the initial sound that's way off and more abrasive than it should be. I've tried a bunch of things but I can't quite fix it. It could just be something simple that I've overlooked. What exactly causes this? Is it just a limitation of the program? How can I go about fixing it? Answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

All mah audio --> Right here.

Response to Difficulty exporting songs from FLS 2015-05-25 02:00:43

That's strange. Try clicking the gear icon on the fruity wrapper in the bass vst and check "notifiy about rendering mode" in the processing tab, or use different rendering settings. If that doesn't work, you could try rendering the bass in a separate project to make sure nothing else is messing with the render

Response to Difficulty exporting songs from FLS 2015-05-25 07:05:05

Is it just with songs you export from FL Studio or with every song you play on your PC? In case of the latter, check your computer's sound settings.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

No, its nothing to do with your sound card settings or that FL Studio has some sort of "limitation". They have no effect whatsoever when you output the song.

By the sounds of it, you could be facing 3 problems here:

1) Your master buss is clipping hard but you don't notice the distortion and all the coloring effects until AFTER you have export the song. Make sure your song NEVER goes above 0dB in the master buss.
2) I doubt your bit rate or resampling is set low. You won't notice any reduction in audio quality until about 128kbps anyway. So check if you have "HQ FOR ALL PLUGINS" and "DISABLE MAXIMUM POLYPHONY" highlighted in the export settings. Further info here: https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/fformats_save_wavmidmp3.htm
3) Some of your plugins or VSTs are buggy hence simply get corrupted when you are exporting your song. This tends to be the case if you are working with some badly coded plugins or VSTs.