00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I feel somewhat smarter than kids..

1,089 Views | 17 Replies

My age and a bit older. I know everyone knows when something goes viral, everyone does it. Whether it would be The Knockout game, which only hood rats do, I'm a Stoner, Gangnam Style, or the Ice Bucket Challenge. But this shit is starting to get old; whatever is popular on Vine, Instagram, or World Star, it gets teens everywhere doing it. Not just teens; but little kids to. Yesterday I seen video of what I believe to be 5 year olds' on all 4's twerking which is here.

How do these kids get phones, how do they know how to make an account on anything that young? The worst outcome of this is not the dances teens are doing such is the nae nae, or the whip, it's the slang now. Kids are walking around my school sounding like complete retards saying, "Bruh." "Hey bruh." "Bruh, that shit hella dope tho." "She hella chill bruh."

I think i'm the only one who doesn't talk like that, me and the autistic, but very smart kids. Why do people copy what they see online?

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 00:32:27

At 5/13/15 12:30 AM, Cordyceps wrote: You're smart because you don't want to be cool? That's fine bro, I'll just take my leather jacket and head out.

I feel that way; since they can't show me otherwise.

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 00:33:14

Hi Insanctuary!

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 00:34:18

Unfortunately we live in a generation that is dominated by social media, which IMO hasn't really done much good for society and has only acted as a medium for the dissemination of stupidity. While it's good that you're not partaking in said stupidity, don't get a big head either. I made that mistake when I was a teenager, and looking back at myself now as an adult I realize I wasn't nearly as smart as I thought I was.

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 00:35:14

At 5/13/15 12:33 AM, koopahermit wrote: Hi Insanctuary!

Oh come on, I don't live in a world where death is judged.

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 00:48:14

At 5/13/15 12:24 AM, Avery wrote: Why do people copy what they see online?

Sense of belonging.

Let 'em be.

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 00:56:02

At 5/13/15 12:34 AM, DJ-Ri wrote: Unfortunately we live in a generation that is dominated by social media, which IMO hasn't really done much good for society and has only acted as a medium for the dissemination of stupidity. While it's good that you're not partaking in said stupidity, don't get a big head either.

True

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 00:57:57

At 5/13/15 12:32 AM, IsaacIsBlind wrote: They just don't think. It doesn't bother me though because it makes me feel like im a genius compared to them

Same here.

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 02:16:37

At 5/13/15 01:24 AM, UkeFox wrote: a small town where not everyone even had a computer so they weren't exposed to internet stupidity much. Just regular backwater stupidity.

Good to know that there's still variety in the realm of stupidity.

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 02:32:38

participation in fads/mainstream memetic culture =/= intelligence
and it's okay to like stupid things; Newgrounds is full of stupid (but fun) things

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 02:42:45

At 5/13/15 02:37 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 5/13/15 02:32 AM, S3C wrote: participation in fads/mainstream memetic culture =/= intelligence
The day people started bringing internet culture into the real world, my faith in humanity dropped by just a little bit

You can't even begin to phathom how much this commercial depressed me

Like, when I first saw that on TV, I seriously contemplated suicide

the day people started sexualizing animals, my faith in humanity dropped by just a little bit

just messing, but on the real I cannot sympathize with you here, why would that make you upset

the commercial is ridiculously stupid, to the point where it's a little bit funny. but not really

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 02:47:12

They're just trying to fit in.

Sure sounds stupid as fuck, but they're trying, damnit.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 03:34:50

bruh

I feel somewhat smarter than kids..

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 10:40:51

At 5/13/15 02:37 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 5/13/15 02:32 AM, S3C wrote: participation in fads/mainstream memetic culture =/= intelligence
The day people started bringing internet culture into the real world, my faith in humanity dropped by just a little bit
Like, when I first saw that on TV, I seriously contemplated suicide

Same here.

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 10:41:37

At 5/13/15 07:04 AM, Amaranthus wrote: I guess you were just born in the wrong generation.

I'm starting to wish I was born in the late 80's

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 10:44:30

At 5/13/15 03:34 AM, PussyShark wrote: bruh

You just gained a follower.

BBS Signature

This feat is not difficult. People are idiots.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to I feel somewhat smarter than kids.. 2015-05-13 17:26:37

At 5/13/15 10:48 AM, TheGoldenMonty wrote: -Says hes smart.
-Doesnt know the difference between too and to.

You're female. Nuff said.

BBS Signature