00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Removing Medals Feature

893 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Removing Medals Feature 2015-05-04 23:49:28

So I just discovered this today but apparently you can remove medals by clicking on the medal and then clicking "Remove Medal". I assume this is a recent change to let people remove medals from games they don't necessarily want.

First off I want to say good job on whoever is trying to implement such things. It shows you care and are working to add features people can use, so kudos to that.

But it doesn't exactly work how I'd expect. What I'd expect would be if you remove a medal from a game you hate, and when you had no remaining medals for that game, it'd remove that game entirely from your listing. Instead, it remains there permanently, just with no medals listed, although the "Medals Earned" and "Points" for that exact medal remain.

So to whoever is working on this feature, would it be possible to make it so once all of a particular game's medals are removed, that game no longer shows up in your medals list at all? Because otherwise there's not really a good reason to use this feature. :-/

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Removing Medals Feature 2015-05-05 08:12:33

At 5/4/15 11:52 PM, Cordyceps wrote: no that's impossible

I would hope not.

Response to Removing Medals Feature 2015-05-05 17:27:42

At 5/5/15 08:12 AM, CGA-999 wrote:
At 5/4/15 11:52 PM, Cordyceps wrote: no that's impossible
I would hope not.

I think he was just trying to be contrarian.

But just to clarify, when someone asks if something in software is possible, what they really mean is is it reasonable? Lots of stuff is technically possible, not all of which is reasonable to ask.

I would assume the removing medals feature was to placate some of this medal creep that can happen (play a game once -- get a medal for playing the game -- game is stuck in your medals list). Thus the reason for removing medals would be to remove those games from that list for games that you hate or don't care about. As-is the games do not remove from the list.

Response to Removing Medals Feature 2015-05-06 07:23:57

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Removing Medals Feature 2015-05-06 10:21:39

Not possible never will

Response to Removing Medals Feature 2015-05-06 11:28:51

It's so the creators and beta testers of a game can remove medals that were acquired during testing, especially if a medal ended up being removed from the game before publishing. Not removing the game when there are zero medals is an oversight or on the list. @liljim

Response to Removing Medals Feature 2015-05-08 01:02:34

At 5/7/15 09:03 PM, KingiOgh wrote:
At 5/4/15 11:49 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
Yes is one good recurse, more remove the games of the your list... I think that would be impossible to remove the games, whatever the newgrounds can not access ours list of medals games ! :(

who knows becomes possible :-)

Well the games would remain on Newgrounds, of course. Other people may want to play them or gain their medals. But your own medal list only lists games you've actually earned at least one medal on. You may have some games in there you never wish to play again and where they're stuck in your medals list because, for example, "Earn a medal for playing the game", "Earn a medal for beating level 1", "Earn a medal for stomping an enemy", and so on.

If you play a lot of games your medals list can be huge enough as-is without games you don't want. You may be scrolling through pages and pages with tons of games you never care to finish before you finally find some game whose medals you actually care about and haven't yet completed.

One would think that with a removing medals feature that, removing all medals from a game would remove that game itself from your medals list. It doesn't. It probably should. Otherwise there's really no point in removing the medals in the first place.