00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

KATHMANDU, NEPAL RELIEF FUND!!!

604 Views | 7 Replies

KATHMANDU, NEPAL RELIEF FUND!!! 2015-04-25 23:11:08

Right now I am currently raising money for Kathmandu, Nepal. Today, a 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck the area, and thousands of people are displaced while the country is in a state of emergency. My brother-in-law was backpacking through the Himalayas and is located near the epicenter, in a small village area known as the Tsum Valley. I believe in the power of the internet and I'm hoping to raise money in an effort to aid the country. I know that Newgrounds isn't the place where you come to face the harsh realities of world happenings, but I really do believe in you guys. If you have a minute, check out my page and donate if you want. Everything will help. Thanks.

www.gofundme.com/f7lfo4

Our feelings are just chemical reactions implemented by our brain to encourage our survival and reproduction. Nothing you feel is actually real. Welcome to my Ted Talk.

BBS Signature

Response to KATHMANDU, NEPAL RELIEF FUND!!! 2015-04-25 23:20:40

At 4/25/15 11:13 PM, Shauna wrote: A little more proof would be nice.

I could write a sad story too, ya know.

Totally understandable. If you need proof of the event, google "Nepal Earthquake". Proving that I am legit and not stealing money is a different story. I'm going to be posting videos of the funds going where they are supposed to when the time comes to show credibility. Until then, I welcome skepticism. I've never crowdfunded before, but I do expect this to be a common response initially. Thanks for the click.

Our feelings are just chemical reactions implemented by our brain to encourage our survival and reproduction. Nothing you feel is actually real. Welcome to my Ted Talk.

BBS Signature

Response to KATHMANDU, NEPAL RELIEF FUND!!! 2015-04-25 23:27:34

At 4/25/15 11:22 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 4/25/15 11:13 PM, Shauna wrote: A little more proof would be nice.

I could write a sad story too, ya know.
there's no proof and absolutely no reason for money to go through an intermediary

http://americanepalmedicalfoundation.com/ has open donations

Definitely donate to that link if you are on the fence about it.

BBS Signature

At 4/25/15 11:44 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Here goes another potato salad scam. No verifiable fact. No base. Nothing.

Also, who the fuck gave him $10?

Edit: If you guys want to donate, go to Red Cross and do it.

Hey so I disabled the page, because clearly you guys need some verifiable proof to donate, which I completely understand. Please, if you have the time and funds, definitely donate somewhere. Here are some organizations with boots on the ground.

Here are some vetted organizations already on the ground:

http://www.americares.org/who-we-are/newsroom/news/americares-responding-to-nepal-earthquake.html

http://www.directrelief.org/2015/04/nepal-earthquake-emergency-update/

http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/nepal-earthquake-relief-fund/

I'm gonna re-launch the gofundme when I can actually prove myself. Thanks for reading.

BBS Signature

Response to KATHMANDU, NEPAL RELIEF FUND!!! 2015-04-26 00:01:41

At 4/25/15 11:44 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Edit: If you guys want to donate, go to Red Cross and do it.

The Red Cross notoriously mismanage donations don't waste your time.

Response to KATHMANDU, NEPAL RELIEF FUND!!! 2015-04-26 00:15:47

Well, if it's any consolation, I offer an apology instead of donations, as if I had something to do with this. Which I didn't.

Response to KATHMANDU, NEPAL RELIEF FUND!!! 2015-04-26 00:51:26

Hehe. Nepal sounds a @Bit like nipple.

I would never donate to such a silly place. Good day, sir.

Response to KATHMANDU, NEPAL RELIEF FUND!!! 2015-04-26 00:54:01

At 4/26/15 12:51 AM, Bit wrote: Hehe. Nepal sounds a bit like nipple.

Volcanoes are shaped like nipples.
What happened here was an earthquake.
Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions have a connection.

It's a scam, @Bit.