00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OzoneOverdose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Someone Owed Me....

1,229 Views | 22 Replies

Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 16:21:38

And the son of a bitch didn't give me my money...

Ok so here is what went down. About a month ago or so, maybe even two months. I lent my uncle 40 bucks, and I am a patient man. I mean I'll give people time to pay their debts, and so I did. I didn't pressure him or anything, didn't even speak to him for that time period. So, last week he comes up to me and says:
"See me on the 23rd, and I'll pay you back."
I go to his place at lunch to see if he has my money or not because I'm starving like little children in some shit country. He acts like he doesn't know what I am talking about and says he doesn't have my money. I say some shit, and he is like:
"Ok, I'll give you these."
He hands me some pills, and they are gabopentins. Some time of muscle relaxant drug. Thing is I don't need them because I don't do pills.

Any suggestions?

In the end he paid me back though.

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 16:23:41

Wasn't your other uncle a drug addict and died? You're family is fucked, with all due respect.

That's why I don't lend money though.

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 16:25:47

Well at least he paid you back

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 16:32:27

At 4/23/15 04:23 PM, Cordyceps wrote: Either don't lend out money you except to get back, or kneecap him next time

I try my best to not lend money out. I am very stingy. But, people know how to get on my generous side. I am born in the Year of the Dog anyhow in the Chinese Zodiac.

At 4/23/15 04:24 PM, BlueReality wrote:
I'd tell someone in your family your uncle is trying to give you pills as payment.

No kidding eh, I feel ripped off.

At 4/23/15 04:23 PM, BanditWoolyBear wrote: Wasn't your other uncle a drug addict and died? You're family is fucked, with all due respect.

Most of my uncles, if not all, are drug addicts.

Refer to top response.

At 4/23/15 04:25 PM, RiverofBloodyTears2 wrote: Well at least he paid you back

Despite being ripped off, I feel kinda good about being paid back. Most people don't pay back for years.

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 16:34:54

I need to borrow 50$, can you help me out bro?

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 16:36:16

At 4/23/15 04:34 PM, FaroutFrank wrote: I need to borrow 50$, can you help me out bro?

Jeez man, I just lent out my last fifty already. You should have came earlier.

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 17:09:18

Don't lend without a contract. A legal contract signed by the presence of a lawyer.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 17:19:50

I had to learn the same lesson. Except it wasn't with family, that's harsh. Only thing I can really suggest is maybe not lending your uncle anymore of your cashflow.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 17:44:16

At 4/23/15 04:32 PM, Ketchemonia wrote:
At 4/23/15 04:23 PM, BanditWoolyBear wrote: Wasn't your other uncle a drug addict and died? You're family is fucked, with all due respect.
Most of my uncles, if not all, are drug addicts.

Everyone has an addiction. Tell them to get the right kind.

Refer to top response.

Don't blame your habit on psuedo-astrology phenoms. :^]

Start telling people to fuck themselves. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but I gave 10 bucks to a homeless dude the other day. But I'll never give money expecting to get it back, because people can't be trusted. Even friends and family sadly.

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 18:24:51

Funny I loaned my so called homboi 40$ also weeks ago, and he still has not payed me back. I understood that he was down on his dollars, so I called myself being courteous and loaning him 40 until he gets his incometax.

What bothers me thoug is that he claims he still has not gotten it, but I noticed he's been taking ckicks out on dates and shit.

1 thing I lerned long ago is if that if you're going to loan out $, just expect NOT to get it back;which is why I nerver loan out more than 40$. Also I h8 wen so called friends/famliy only call you to 'barrow' money. Things like that make me not like people

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 18:26:28

At 4/23/15 04:21 PM, Ketchemonia wrote: Any suggestions?

Well, personally I think you shoul-

In the end he paid me back though.

Oh.

Well, okay then.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-23 23:30:44

Why are you asking for suggestions if he already paid you back?
For the next time?

A little piece of advice; don't let there be a next time.

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-24 02:18:19

@Ketchemonia @Swag-in-a-Bag

Why are you guys loaning out like $40 at a time if you don't have some physical means to get the money back? At that point it becomes a gift and not a loan.

Loan out no more than $5 to any one person, ever. Also, remember who owes you. Never give more money to someone who still owes you. And if someone asks for more money who hasn't paid you back, tell them they still owe you from last time and ask how they will be paying you back. They may not have money but they may be willing to give you some item, which you should probably accept, if it's worth at least $5.

From then on out, they owe you, so you have some control over them, and whenever they need more money you're essentially forcing them to sell you their stuff for cheap (make sure it's a good deal for you), and you're out no more than $5 in the event they just never come back. (But those types always come back)

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-24 03:29:58

Try to steal his fruity pebbles cereal, part of a balanced breakfest, as charged interest

BBS Signature

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-24 04:38:48

At 4/24/15 03:29 AM, angrybirds2000 wrote: Try to steal his fruity pebbles cereal, part of a balanced breakfest, as charged interest

What if the guy doesn't have cereal?

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-24 08:37:19

Lend people money that you know, the ones that will pay it back

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-24 08:43:41

Never lend money to anyone. Trust no one but yourself.

Scratch that, don't even trust yourself.

Burn it all.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-24 13:13:21

When will you grow a pair Ketch? Bust a cap in his ass!

BBS Signature

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-24 14:10:16

Kill him.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-24 14:39:18

Sounds like your uncle isn't to be trusted. Don't lend him money again if he's just gonna be all shifty about it.

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-24 15:08:52

At 4/24/15 02:18 AM, NeonSpider wrote: @Ketchemonia @Swag-in-a-Bag

Why are you guys loaning out like $40 at a time if you don't have some physical means to get the money back? At that point it becomes a gift and not a loan.

I called myself testing his loyalty/trustworthiness to see how long it will take to pay me back, or if he ever will. Also I only recently brought it back to his attention, and he said he hasn't forgotten; so now I'm like OK that was the 1 time I'm going to mentioned that too you, now I'm patiently waiting for our next convo to go something like "Aye bro I have your 40, thanx for looking out for me that one time" cuhz I don't feel the need to keep reminding someone, of what they owe me, LIKE they don't know........

If I never get my $ back it's all good, but now I know who NOT to loan money to, and who I can call my friends. And please believe I'm very selective on who I loan anything too.

Loan out no more than $5 to any one person, ever. Also, remember who owes you. Never give more money to someone who still owes you. And if someone asks for more money who hasn't paid you back, tell them they still owe you from last time and ask how they will be paying you back. They may not have money but they may be willing to give you some item, which you should probably accept, if it's worth at least $5.

I agree, originally I was going to loan $20, but I was just testing the waters.

At 4/23/15 06:30 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: You gotta lay down the law.

LOL classic Fam Guy scene

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-25 22:14:43

At 4/24/15 01:13 PM, Gremlin wrote: When will you grow a pair Ketch? Bust a cap in his ass!

I'm not american.. I don't own a gun..

Response to Someone Owed Me.... 2015-04-26 00:37:02

At 4/25/15 10:14 PM, Ketchemonia wrote:
At 4/24/15 01:13 PM, Gremlin wrote: When will you grow a pair Ketch? Bust a cap in his ass!
I'm not american.. I don't own a gun..

Well use a stick you can find from a forest, shove it under his finger nails and repeat the question, Where is my money man!
Also throw sand in his eyes

BBS Signature