00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GingaSnappd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab

26,561 Views | 268 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Howdy, partners! This is the thread for the art section for the 20th Anniversary Newgrounds
Collab.

Original thread
Animation Collab thread
Audio thread (completed)
Game thread

Newgrounds is turning 20 and that means our little boy/girl is becoming a man/women and to celebrate that fact we are putting together a collab of the largest scale to ever be seen on newgrounds. This will combine all the talents that NewGrounds has to offer; this Includes everything from original Music, Animation, Games and of coarse Art .

The collab’s is set in the home of the biggest fan NewGrounds has ever spawned. This imaginary fan own unique figurines of all his favorite NewGrounds characters. It’s our job to supply him with his borderline obsessive collection. Therefore we must create these Classic NewGrounds characters so that they can presented as figurines on his display shelf of wonder.

RULE
- Your character has to be a prominent newgrounds character.
- Characters can only be used once
-Your character has to have a base/podium with the character's name printed, written, or engraved onto it.
-No sexually explicit material
-The dimensions are {340x410} (or anything that can scaled down to that size)
-The image has to have a transparent back ground
-Saved preferably as a png file

To keep the cool characters open to people serious about drawing them, your chosen character for the colab won't officially be claimed until the first WIP (work in progress) of it has been presented in the thread. Once your character has officially been selected, your username will be placed on a list along side the name of your character below this post. Also generally we believe that other artist can learn more from your process so WIPs are greatly appreciated.

Submissions will be due June 21st

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

These are just some examples to help give you an idea of what we’re looking for:

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-04-21 19:59:56

Reemus - FourSnail

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-04-22 06:16:32

I'm definitely interested in this. If you give the green light, i would want to give it a go at P-bot (assuming yours is to demonstrate the example). Seems like a great challenge.

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-04-22 08:04:24

At 4/22/15 06:16 AM, ShireSpeare wrote: I'm definitely interested in this. If you give the green light, i would want to give it a go at P-bot (assuming yours is to demonstrate the example). Seems like a great challenge.

Yeah go for it. Just post a early stage WIP in the thread so that you can claim that character. You could also private message me one if you don't feel like posting it in the thread.

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-04-22 15:37:43

just gona post this shit to reclaim character o3o

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-04-23 04:14:44

itssssss getting there... maybe....

I'm joining this thing. I'll let you know what character I want to draw later.

Really love the work so far.

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-04-24 15:43:32

At 4/24/15 02:38 PM, Whirlguy wrote: I'm joining this thing. I'll let you know what character I want to draw later.

Yeah go ahead. Just post a early WIP as to claim it so that you don't get to far into it and have some one else take it after you start. Although i don't really thing that you have much to worry about at this point (not to much traffic) but their is still 2 months to go so i'm not that worried.

Really love the work so far.

yeah i really love what @mattmattymattymatt got going on looks real matrix like. I have a few other friends that are working on their submissions as well and i'm really interested on seeing what their going to put out.

my umm //coughs// entry - I mean- WIP for the collab thingens

Sonny from http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/417513

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-13 19:24:49

I was given this list of names from Whirlguy based on people who said they where Interested in contributing to "Something for NG's 20th anniversary" which was the the thread created by Troisnyx. So if your still Interested in doing something for the new grounds anniversary this collab would be worth participating in.

@deathink, @Decky, @dem0lecule, @DIWAKAR, @foursnail, @Grub-Xer0, @HipnikDragomir, @jenninexus, @legolass, @mattmattymattymatt, @MortalPoet, @NGComicd, @ShadyDingo, @snickity, @squidly, @stripedtiger, @TricycleLord, @Whirlguy, @WhiteLightning, @WooleyWorld, @Zerodecoole

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-13 19:30:39

Mine's done.

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-13 20:10:39

Sure... Can I do Edd Gould?

It's a Wooley World, but someones got to shave it...

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-13 20:17:25

Absolutely, whatever you would like me to provide please let me know :)

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-13 21:22:18

At 5/13/15 07:24 PM, TricycleLord wrote: I was given this list of names...

Dude, thank you for reminding me. I'm going to start working on @Groginald from the Spergfox series.

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-14 02:46:17

At 5/13/15 07:24 PM, TricycleLord wrote: I was given this list of names......

Totally want to... we'll see what happens

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-14 04:35:59

At 5/13/15 07:24 PM, TricycleLord wrote: I was given this list of names......

Sure, I'l do something for yah

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-14 06:48:13

At 5/13/15 07:24 PM, TricycleLord wrote: I was given this list of names from Whirlguy based on people who said they where Interested in contributing to "Something for NG's 20th anniversary" which was the the thread created by Troisnyx.

Sounds like it could be fun. If nobody has claimed Salad Finger then I'm taking him. If so I claim Burnt Face Man. Dam I love David Firth. I'll probably start something tonight.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-15 11:48:44

here's my wip. put me in coach, I'm ready!!

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-15 17:43:03

I'm calling Plunger Dog.

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-15 18:51:56

Working on it C:

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-16 10:52:50

@lisvender have you heard about the 20th anniversary collab? Maybe you'd like to do something together as a contribution to the project?

At 5/13/15 07:24 PM, TricycleLord wrote: I was given this list of names from Whirlguy based on people who said they where Interested in contributing to "Something for NG's 20th anniversary" which was the the thread created by Troisnyx. So if your still Interested in doing something for the new grounds anniversary this collab would be worth participating in.

Keep me in mind for voice acting roles, low poly 3d art etc :)

BBS Signature

@WooleyWorld Yeah go ahead. Just post a WIP as to officially claim the character when you got the time.

If nobody has claimed Salad Finger then I'm taking him.

@Decky As of now no one has claimed salad fingers so go for it buddy.

BTW all the work in progresses /submissions so far are looking excellent. And to all of you who are interested in contributing i cant wait to see what you have to offer.

Claimskees

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-17 08:55:04

At 5/17/15 02:01 AM, TricycleLord wrote:
@WooleyWorld Yeah go ahead. Just post a WIP as to officially claim the character when you got the time.

I'm on vacation for the week, but I'll do it when I get home.

It's a Wooley World, but someones got to shave it...

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-17 16:11:36

Well, I had to make the stand for Salad Fingers out of rust.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-17 16:35:35

At 5/17/15 04:11 PM, Decky wrote: Well, I had to make the stand for Salad Fingers out of rust.

Haha! Naturally :)

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-19 10:25:16

Here is a WIP for The-Swain's character block Head

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-20 08:21:16

Done a bit more. Now I'll be leaving it for a week or so whilst I finish off my university project.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-20 18:32:27

Done ;D

BBS Signature

Response to NG 20th Anniversary Art Collab 2015-05-21 07:09:24

I'd like to draw something else now. Not exactly a character, but I'd like to draw a turd of the week award. Right now I'm kind of busy though, so I'll get to that later.

BBS Signature