00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why are US so self hating

1,504 Views | 24 Replies

Why are US so self hating 2015-04-13 17:37:07

Like i get it?. That some policy is completely shit, and you want to change it for the better. But i don't get how some seems self hating saying stuff like. Americans are fat and dumb.

Its like people on the internet i see sometimes love saying bad stuff, maybe its to make them feel like they take a higher moral ground and not actually dealing with the problem with a rational view.

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-13 17:39:21

That's not self-deprecation, they're bragging. They are proud of how fat and incredibly dumb they're

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-13 17:40:38

yes we're all fat and dumb.

brilliant observation. tell me about your perception of America when you visit there yourself, only then will your opinion will be worth half a shit

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-13 18:15:33

At 4/13/15 05:40 PM, NewgroundsNation wrote: yes we're all fat and dumb.

brilliant observation. tell me about your perception of America when you visit there yourself, only then will your opinion will be worth half a shit

How so? USA has its nice stuff as one can find in other countries that tourists are interested in.

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-13 18:17:19

Because america is known to cover up and start wars and kill their own people for money purposes. america is the most evil country in the world and they made it up to the top by LYING, CHEATING, AND KILLING.

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 06:09:17

Somebody made it look cool to hate the US.
Shush.

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 06:22:36

At 4/14/15 06:09 AM, ThePulp wrote: Somebody made it look cool to hate the US.
Shush.

Bush.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 06:54:29

At 4/14/15 06:12 AM, HomicidialFrog wrote: NGPulp

Shush.

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 07:48:20

At 4/13/15 05:37 PM, Morie1 wrote: Americans are fat and dumb.

Sorry

BBS Signature

Actually, obesity is pretty high up on public heath concern. This is due to media portrayal of poor eating habbit, and increasingly sedentary lifestyle.

Other than that... we're really no more self hating than any other country.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 08:43:14

At 4/14/15 08:06 AM, SwisherCovent wrote: It's probably because the police murder and beat their citizens on a daily basis.

Probably it.

Not like there's anything else wrong about America.

We Americans arent dumb. The University of Harvard and University of Oxford are here.
The smartest people are in these universities

BBS Signature

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 09:10:28

REMEMBER THE ALAMO 9/11 NEVER FORGET

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 09:11:46

This country was built with slavery and genocide, and then it strengthened its economy with union-busting labor in the country and the exploitation of other workers in third world countries.

Then we talk about how fucking great we are and how hard we work to be #1, as if we deserve what we have more than people dying in Africa.

We have suppressed women, racial minorities, religious minorities and sexual minorities historically, and still in many ways continue to do so today.

Then we talk about how fucking great we are and how we value freedom above all else.

Our foreign policy? I don't even know where the fuck to begin with that mess.

But as per usual, we talk about how fucking great we are and how everyone values us that those awesome guys who never stop fighting for others.

Worst country on Earth? I don't know about that, there's great things about this country too, but if you're wondering what there is to dislike about this country, there's plenty to choose from, both in history and in the present.

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 09:56:15

At 4/14/15 09:11 AM, Scarface wrote: Worst country on Earth? I don't know about that, there's great things about this country too, but if you're wondering what there is to dislike about this country, there's plenty to choose from, both in history and in the present.

I wouldn't argue that there aren't many things wrong with the current state of America. There are, however, plenty of reasons to love this country right now, more than there are to dislike it in my opinion. We strive towards giving opportunity for success for our citizens, we have the most prestigious universities in the world, the richest and most diverse culture, the best military, the best food, and yes, the most freedom.

Also, this isn't to downplay any of the current hot issues, but we're always improving! You look back and see how awful we were back then, but I look back and see how much better we've become as a society. Of course, we can always be better, and there's no doubt we will make more terrible mistakes along the way. I'll stand by and continue to support my country in spite of them and fighting to amend them.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 10:41:11

At 4/14/15 09:56 AM, FinaLee wrote:
At 4/14/15 09:11 AM, Scarface wrote: Worst country on Earth? I don't know about that, there's great things about this country too, but if you're wondering what there is to dislike about this country, there's plenty to choose from, both in history and in the present.
I wouldn't argue that there aren't many things wrong with the current state of America. There are, however, plenty of reasons to love this country right now, more than there are to dislike it in my opinion. We strive towards giving opportunity for success for our citizens, we have the most prestigious universities in the world, the richest and most diverse culture, the best military, the best food, and yes, the most freedom.

Also, this isn't to downplay any of the current hot issues, but we're always improving! You look back and see how awful we were back then, but I look back and see how much better we've become as a society. Of course, we can always be better, and there's no doubt we will make more terrible mistakes along the way. I'll stand by and continue to support my country in spite of them and fighting to amend them.

I agree, I'm not trying to condemn this country as a lost cause, or say we haven't made any progress or it's all bad. I'm just saying there's a lot to criticize, and it's more than just teen edginess that's the cause.

But yeah, the best mindset is to accept the bad and try to perfect it while being proud of the good.

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 10:48:12

At 4/14/15 10:41 AM, Scarface wrote: But yeah, the best mindset is to accept the bad and try to perfect it while being proud of the good.

I'm assuming you're American, and I've only really seen you around in the Gay/Bi/Trans club. Do you vote or participate in rallies?

BBS Signature

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 10:57:18

At 4/14/15 10:48 AM, FinaLee wrote:
At 4/14/15 10:41 AM, Scarface wrote: But yeah, the best mindset is to accept the bad and try to perfect it while being proud of the good.
I'm assuming you're American, and I've only really seen you around in the Gay/Bi/Trans club. Do you vote or participate in rallies?

Just recently registered to vote, and was recently in ones of the rallies in Indianapolis (I live in Indiana) to protest RFRA

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 11:05:12

At 4/14/15 10:57 AM, Scarface wrote: Just recently registered to vote, and was recently in ones of the rallies in Indianapolis (I live in Indiana) to protest RFRA

Hell yeah, dude! I love hearing other NGers being proactive. I'm told that governor over there is a bit of a nut.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 11:06:31

At 4/14/15 11:05 AM, FinaLee wrote:
At 4/14/15 10:57 AM, Scarface wrote: Just recently registered to vote, and was recently in ones of the rallies in Indianapolis (I live in Indiana) to protest RFRA
Hell yeah, dude! I love hearing other NGers being proactive. I'm told that governor over there is a bit of a nut.

He was supposedly considering a run for president, but I suppose we can nip that in the bud.

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 11:45:43

The America hating bandwagon is unfortunately pretty large, largely folks who are either ungrateful, ignorant, or a terrorist so it isn't surprising that some of that negativity seeped in, whether out of simply being ungrateful or are trolling. Criticism is one thing, but there are a few folks who take it too far, they come off as self-hating twats who don't know how good they have it here.

For the record, I've been pro-American on most things largely because a lot of the criticism are exaggerated, knee-jerk stereotypes that doesn't reflect us as a whole. It easy to assume that all Americans are one big monolith who think alike on patriotism and terrorism, when the reality is quite different. It doesn't bother me much considering that we're used to it, but it isn't any less annoying and nitpicky.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 18:50:38

letting japan get away with making shit video game systems, letting everyone get away with making piss poor television programs...

SNES and PS1 were awesome! Do you mean generally bad ones. Like scam... but didn't those exist in other places too...
like this for example. Although this was never released, but just saying in general.
https://youtu.be/8EF_dagfTKw

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 21:32:28

At 4/14/15 06:37 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 4/14/15 08:43 AM, ThePulp wrote: Not like there's anything else wrong about America.
i can name a million of em if text space would allow..

No shit.

It's not like I was being sarcastic or anything.

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 21:39:29

At 4/14/15 09:36 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: are you wisecracking or not?

No...

Response to Why are US so self hating 2015-04-14 21:46:23

At 4/14/15 09:41 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 4/14/15 09:39 PM, ThePulp wrote:
okay, then why'd you bother replying to my comment the way you did? why'd you mention sarcasm in the first place?

Oh my god.