00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Entitlement

2,929 Views | 55 Replies

Entitlement 2015-04-08 03:50:08

If you think owning a video game console that was made after 1998 means you're somehow entitled, you're pretty much legally retarded. Someone on this board actually tried to make the point that if you own a video game console that tells time, it means you're entitled because you didn't buy a refurbished Atari. We get it, you had to feed quarters into the machines at the arcades when you wanted to play video games: good for you.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:00:14

What the fuck is this passive aggressive middle-school pseudo-nonchalant self-verification shit?

If you had a point to make I either need more coffee or you need a few more birthdays

(>'-')>

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:02:43

At 4/8/15 04:00 AM, Zhon wrote: What the fuck is this passive aggressive middle-school pseudo-nonchalant self-verification shit?

If you had a point to make I either need more coffee or you need a few more birthdays

Someone got bullied in high school.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:06:31

At 4/8/15 04:02 AM, GenericScreen wrote:
At 4/8/15 04:00 AM, Zhon wrote: What the fuck is this passive aggressive middle-school pseudo-nonchalant self-verification shit?

I'm sorry to hear that but it doesn't excuse your behavior

(>'-')>

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:08:50

At 4/8/15 04:06 AM, Zhon wrote:

I was replying and talking about you, the only other person in the thread. What was that about being passive aggressive? Now did you come here to discuss the subject or just show everyone the effects of low testosterone levels in men because the only one here sperging is you.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:14:55

At 4/8/15 04:08 AM, GenericScreen wrote:

I was replying and talking about you, the only other person in the thread. What was that about being passive aggressive? Now did you come here to discuss the subject or just show everyone the effects of low testosterone levels in men because the only one here sperging is you.

Passive aggressive - you're posting a new thread out of frustration from another conversation without directly addressing the person involved (which should be done through PM anyway) nor referencing the original source, either out of fear for the original discussion renewing with previous participants, or because you simply want to feel like your opinion is heard without any well-based context.

Your OP is both poorly worded and devoid of any explanation. Try again if you want actual discourse.

(>'-')>

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:16:46

At 4/8/15 04:14 AM, Zhon wrote:
At 4/8/15 04:08 AM, GenericScreen wrote:

Passive aggressive - you're posting a new thread out of frustration from another conversation without directly addressing the person involved (which should be done through PM anyway) nor referencing the original source, either out of fear for the original discussion renewing with previous participants, or because you simply want to feel like your opinion is heard without any well-based context.

Your OP is both poorly worded and devoid of any explanation. Try again if you want actual discourse.

It's because the thread wasn't today and I was busy.. you know with real life? Jesus man, you're getting so worked up and emotionally invested in this and for no reason. Chill the fuck out. I didn't know when the person I was replying to would be on so I made a thread. God damn you're sensitive.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:22:16

At 4/8/15 04:16 AM, GenericScreen wrote: It's because the thread wasn't today and I was busy.. you know with real life? Jesus man, you're getting so worked up and emotionally invested in this and for no reason. Chill the fuck out. I didn't know when the person I was replying to would be on so I made a thread. God damn you're sensitive.

Excuses

Also, you mistake my so-called emotional investment for an amusing hobby of analyzing posts misguided by actual emotional investment. Now I am actually interested in what the hell you're talking about though.

(>'-')>

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:25:22

At 4/8/15 04:22 AM, Zhon wrote:
At 4/8/15 04:16 AM, GenericScreen wrote: It's because the thread wasn't today and I was busy.. you know with real life? Jesus man, you're getting so worked up and emotionally invested in this and for no reason. Chill the fuck out. I didn't know when the person I was replying to would be on so I made a thread. God damn you're sensitive.
Excuses

Also, you mistake my so-called emotional investment for an amusing hobby of analyzing posts misguided by actual emotional investment. Now I am actually interested in what the hell you're talking about though.

Amusing hobby of analyzing posts? Holy shit you're a fucking nerd. You remind me of this guy who used to be in my circle of friends. He was CONSTANTLY correcting people over the most trivial shit and would not leave an argument alone way past when everyone was done with it. He was completely clueless as to why everyone slowly stopped hanging out with him. He would say shit just like you are "I just really like debating." "Oh you know arguing is one of my favorite things to do" None of us miss that guy.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:35:19 (edited 2015-04-08 04:42:20)

Holy shit this is getting weird. This guy Zhon just sent me a message asking if I wanted to 'talk to him about anything' and that he's there if I "need someone (lol what?)." Dude this is so strange, you're reminding me more and more of that guy I referenced in my last post. We all thought he had bi-polar disorder because just like this dude he would sometimes insult the shit out of you for trivial things and like a day or two later he would send you a text just like the message Zhon sent me like "hey man I just wanna talk" and then he would apologize for blowing up at everyone.

Dude I think you might legitimately have Asperger's syndrome and I'm not saying that to make fun of you or belittle you but you genuinely don't seem to understand social cues. You come into my thread calling me a pseudo-intellectual and then you message me asking to talk and be friends? Nah man, I'm good.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:38:08

Screenshot. Holy shit this guy creeps me out.

Entitlement

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:42:02

At 4/8/15 04:38 AM, GenericScreen wrote: Screenshot. Holy shit this guy creeps me out.

I just wanted to be friends :(

Entitlement

(>'-')>

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:43:50

At 4/8/15 04:42 AM, Zhon wrote:
At 4/8/15 04:38 AM, GenericScreen wrote: Screenshot. Holy shit this guy creeps me out.

C'mon, GenericScreen, give the fella a chance

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 04:45:32 (edited 2015-04-08 04:46:33)

At 4/8/15 04:43 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote:
At 4/8/15 04:42 AM, Zhon wrote:
C'mon, GenericScreen, give the fella a chance

I gave him a chance, I just wanted to talk about entitlement and game consoles and this guy comes in like the poster child for borderline personality disorder. I learned the hard way to avoid people who go from hot to cold like the plague.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 05:01:02

At 4/8/15 04:56 AM, 24901miles wrote:
At 4/8/15 03:50 AM, GenericScreen wrote: Someone on this board
Who?

actually tried to make the point
When?

that if you own a video game console that tells time, it means you're entitled because you didn't buy a refurbished Atari.
What?

We get it, you had to feed quarters into the machines at the arcades when you wanted to play video games: good for you.
Why?

I really don't think the problem is Zhon, dude. What happened to you.

Nah, I'm out. In hindsight this thread was a massive mistake and I'm done posting in it.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 05:34:34

OP, you are a joke. I couldn't put it in a nicer way.
You make a thread to call shit on some guy, without calling him out. This could very well be resolved with a PM. However it seems like you dislike PMs because when someone sent you a PM and chose to be friendly to you instead of arguing in the bbs, you decided to make fun of him because you got offended that someone was nice to you and took that as if he was showing mercy. And btw the guy mentioned above was quite accurate with his points. Also, seeing you are losing one internet argument after another, you felt the need to emphasize your being busy with REAL LIFE and also call the aforementioned dude a nerd, in a last attempt to maintain some dignity by proving you are better IRL.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 06:32:50 (edited 2015-04-08 06:33:42)

At 4/8/15 04:38 AM, GenericScreen wrote: Screenshot.

Hah.

The scrub as a fucking search engine toolbar on.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 07:02:17

At 4/8/15 06:32 AM, ThePulp wrote:
Hah.

Not sure if he's on the retro gamers side or the next gen gamers side at this point.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 07:41:06 (edited 2015-04-08 07:41:25)

At 4/8/15 07:02 AM, DarkMatter wrote:
At 4/8/15 06:32 AM, ThePulp wrote:
Not sure if he's on the retro gamers side or the next gen gamers side at this point.

Which one sucks more at argumentative discourse, resorting to ad hominems, strawmanning and hasty baseless accusations?

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 07:54:24

Good show, gentleman.
*Applauds*

BBS Signature

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 12:28:49

At 4/8/15 04:16 AM, GenericScreen wrote: I didn't know when the person I was replying to would be on so I made a thread. God damn you're sensitive.

You might not be aware of this or you might've forgotten about the feature but we can summon someone by posting @ before their username (example:@GenericScreen), it sends that person a notification with a link to where they were mentioned.

He seems concerned for you rather than trying to creep you out.
I once PM'd @Monster-64 asking if he needed someone to talk when his friend or whatever passed away and he didn't react badly like you did.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 12:34:55

There's my games. Where's my bread?

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 13:01:41

At 4/8/15 07:54 AM, injexen wrote: Good show, gentleman.
*Applauds*

*applauds with*

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 13:05:48

someone had to do it

Entitlement

BBS Signature

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 13:09:48

At 4/8/15 01:08 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 4/8/15 12:28 PM, Radaketor wrote:
huh? I read the thread, but I have no idea how this is relevant.

What he's trying to say is that you're not a little bitch. Just take the compliment and run. Run far, far away from here. Save yourself.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 13:34:28

At 4/8/15 01:13 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Run away with me, senpai.

Ew, commitment

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 13:47:12

Wow, what a blatantly passive aggressive way to finish an argument you had with another person by making a "coincidentally" related thread about the same thing on a public forum, hoping to find people who will agree with you and validate your point of view.

Also, nice job acting like a dick when someone called you out for it.

I thoroughly enjoyed every part of this thread.

Entitlement

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 14:50:40

Yeah... Well fuck you too then!

I'll pay quarters any day of the week to play the arcade.

Quarters! A million allowances worth of quarters!

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 16:32:20

Lol @ all this butthurt I come back to.

Response to Entitlement 2015-04-08 16:33:41

At 4/8/15 05:34 AM, SubparTony wrote: OP, you are a joke. I couldn't put it in a nicer way.
A whole bunch of other shit you have to be autistic to care about

Haha you took the time to actually write all that out. That's sad.