00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

is this salary amount too low?

2,249 Views | 48 Replies

is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 00:35:33

IS $260 PER MONTH TOO LOW FOR A SALARY?
I AM JUST CURIOUS.

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 00:37:18

At 4/8/15 12:35 AM, GiovDMustache wrote: IS $260 PER MONTH TOO LOW FOR A SALARY?
I AM JUST CURIOUS.

That's unlivable as a weekly wage.

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 00:38:55

I've earned more money than that in a week

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 00:39:36

Well, if you multiply that by 12, and compare it to the national poverty line you'll find it well below that.

rent, food, transportation, debt payments, savings, leisure spending...yea that's not a salary

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 00:41:27

what could you possibly be doing at just over $9 a day? Even sweatshops don't earn that much

lol even a math undergrad earns more than that.

or do you mean US$2,600? this would probably be on the low side assuming you have graduated high school.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

At 4/8/15 12:35 AM, GiovDMustache wrote: IS $260 PER MONTH TOO LOW FOR A SALARY?

I did the research, and:
Considering you live in the Philippines, not really.

I did the math and that's 11,000+ in local currency, right?
Est. PhP 140,000 per year.

And the Philippines reportedly has a lower cost of living on average needs (bare bones) compared to a place like the US, so it seems like you're good-- but some prices are higher than others, such as ISPs (infamously, as it's been reported) or imported chocolate. Living properly plus with luxuries requires a lot of saving and borrowing money, though.

EDIT: A question; what exactly is your job to be earning what seems to be a supposedly relatively low salary per month?

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 01:20:47

At 4/8/15 01:01 AM, ThePulp wrote: EDIT: A question; what exactly is your job to be earning what seems to be a supposedly relatively low salary per month?

i work as a graphic artist and it hurts too much. my company seems to discriminate us "creative" people.

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 01:21:48

At 4/8/15 12:54 AM, i-am-ghey wrote: lol even a math undergrad earns more than that.

or do you mean US$2,600? this would probably be on the low side assuming you have graduated high school.

this is what i'm trying to find out. but i don't live in a first world anyway, so i should just be thankful that i have a job.

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 01:23:57

At 4/8/15 12:50 AM, 24901miles wrote: Do you mean $260 is remaining each month after all your normal expenses?

no, $260 includes all the expenses :( my daily concern includes the food thrice a day and transpo.

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 01:24:58

At 4/8/15 12:39 AM, STEM wrote: rent, food, transportation, debt payments, savings, leisure spending...yea that's not a salary

yeah..and this made me sad. i've been to college just to earn this. funny life.

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 01:27:06

At 4/8/15 12:38 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: I've earned more money than that in a week

shit. life's just unfair, isn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 01:27:59

At 4/8/15 12:39 AM, DarkMatter wrote: Well, if you multiply that by 12, and compare it to the national poverty line you'll find it well below that.a

which means i need to find a more deservable job.

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 01:31:41

At 4/8/15 01:27 AM, GiovDMustache wrote:
At 4/8/15 12:39 AM, DarkMatter wrote: Well, if you multiply that by 12, and compare it to the national poverty line you'll find it well below that.a

You could always try to marry an American.

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 01:36:17

At 4/8/15 01:27 AM, Shauna wrote: You poor man, please come live with me, I'll pay you that weekly just to look after my cats while I'm out.

this is what i don't understand with people who live in first world countries. simple jobs would already make you earn a lot. or you're just joking?

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 01:37:10

At 4/8/15 01:31 AM, SuperBastard wrote:
You could always try to marry an American.

lol. i find americans complicated.

BBS Signature

Well if you live in the US yes.
either way you should keep your current job until you find a better one and stark working at it.

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 01:42:51

At 4/8/15 01:37 AM, GiovDMustache wrote: lol. i find americans complicated.

We're just people, same as anywhere else.
I was only half-joking; my dad married a girl he met in Butuan and she came back to the states with him. She never had to work again. The job she was working before she met him wasn't quite as glorious as yours is, though.

At 4/8/15 01:20 AM, GiovDMustache wrote:
At 4/8/15 01:01 AM, ThePulp wrote: EDIT: A question; what exactly is your job to be earning what seems to be a supposedly relatively low salary per month?
i work as a graphic artist and it hurts too much. my company seems to discriminate us "creative" people.

Whatever sells, huh?

The bastards.

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 02:11:58

YO dawg, money in my back pocket, play leap frog, money so damn hot it's me dawg
Look at the mirror, look at yourself, it's so clear you aint even yourself
I beg for help nobody even answered, not even candy that FUCKIN STRIP DANCER
I got cancer, fuck I'm gonna do, I'm too sick, toothpick, screw this, you judist
I do this to influence the truest youth is shootin putin for Russia
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY VODKA, and why am I naked at footlocker
I DONT KNOW, I am really crazy, I am mc ride baby

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 08:12:31

That would be too little in a week.

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 08:30:29

At 4/8/15 01:37 AM, Shauna wrote:
PLEASE GUYS, CAN I KEEP HIM? I'LL TAKE GOOD CARE OF HIM!

Profile says he is a she. How well do you get along with other females?

BBS Signature

wth no one's paying me anything for my posts

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 10:26:54

Why the caps lock?

Truth is, if you're a young kid, anything is better than nothing.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

I AM JUST CURIOUS.

Sigh. I live in Vietnam and I understand your feeling. Many people here have to work their asses out to death to earn a much lower income than that and it's not because they are such dumbasses who are only deserved that much for their lives, it's because they simply don't have any other choice but to push their head through a mountain of organic trashes in order to survive. If they don't find something for them and their family to eat tomorrow then they will die, simple.

My mother had to work like that to grow me and my sister up. She worked from morning to very late at night and for what? Something like $100 per month. And in no way my mother is an untalented person who can't do anything better. My mother was always top when she was in school (so her family won't have to pay for school fee), she is good at many things. If you was born here, in this place, with a life like her then you will understand, some people simply don't have any choice but to try to their last breath surviving or just die. And I'm sure this isn't just the case of poor countries but anywhere in the world.

That's amount of money some of you see only worth to go cleaning dog shits for a day is what my mother and many people had to work to death for. And if she didn't then it will be me and my sister who were starved to death.

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 10:52:44

Sigh. I just held myself back enough. This kind of topic and its replies normally really get on me. It's like some poor people' lives are just a pile of trashes to people in rich countries or something. Ow, I know none of you really mean that but the tone when you talk about money as well as "opportunity and choice" in life make someone like me feel so frustrated and alienated. Even if no one is at wrong, lower kind of humans like me just don't have much choice but to feel something being crushed in our souls knowing our lives and our loved ones' are that cheap.

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 15:02:51

I AM JUST CURIOUS.

Depends how long you work a month, and what you need money on. If you are renting a place you definitely need more since $260 won't even pay for that yet alone the rest.

In the UK there are national minimum wages which companies aren't allowed to go below, hopefully they have that in your country.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 15:10:09

Op, that is way too low. Ask for more, or find a better job.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to is this salary amount too low? 2015-04-08 15:14:39

I AM JUST CURIOUS.

Dude... that isn't a wage.. thats welfare, you know? Like Social Assistance?

Unless you're making air jordans in a Chinese shoe factory then that is a mighty fine wage.

social assistance is actually $250, so what is your occupation?