00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for Artist to Make a Poster

476 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi! I am writing and directing my first movie, a dark comedy about Bigfoot and need a poster done for the Kickstarter to give people an idea of what I want the movie to feel like.

I'm working non-profit, my actors and crew are non-profit, and unfortunately that means whoever makes the poster will be non-profit. BUT!!!

If the Kickstarter goes over it's intended 14,000 budget, you will get paid an acceptable amount of money for your work. At the current moment all of the money is going towards pre-production and production on the movie.

Hope you can understand and look forward to working with those who are interested.

THE TYPE OF POSTER: Vintage 70s & 80s horror poster or a more classic modern, simplisitic take on it.

Thanks,

FishpasteTom

Response to Looking for Artist to Make a Poster 2015-04-04 18:17:55

At 4/4/15 05:58 PM, FishpasteTom wrote: I'm working non-profit, my actors and crew are non-profit, and unfortunately that means whoever makes the poster will be non-profit. BUT!!!

If the Kickstarter goes over it's intended 14,000 budget, you will get paid an acceptable amount of money for your work. At the current moment all of the money is going towards pre-production and production on the movie.

I'm trying to get my head around this non-profit Kickstarter project with a 14k budget. What are the pre-production and production costs exactly? Are you employing anybody, yourself included?

BBS Signature

Generally speaking part of the fund raising for kickstarter would go to pay your cast and crew as well as pay for any marketing which would include a promotional poster. If your target goal doesn't account for being able to hire an artist to do promo work you need to restructure your budget significantly.
Honestly, to ask for free art on a project like this is extremely disrespectful to any artist you propose to, you have 14k provided it goes through on Kickstarter, obviously not a massive budget for a feature length movie and you don't have it yet but you have to spend money to make money, as they say.

Edit: Looking through your post history, you seem to be chock full of propositions for projects for nonprofit games, animations, etc. Would you be able to put up a link to some of your finished projects because as of right now with me your ability to follow through and manage projects is called in to question due to the sheer volume of requests.

Response to Looking for Artist to Make a Poster 2015-04-04 19:33:46

At 4/4/15 06:17 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/4/15 05:58 PM, FishpasteTom wrote: I'm working non-profit, my actors and crew are non-profit, and unfortunately that means whoever makes the poster will be non-profit. BUT!!!

I'm trying to get my head around this non-profit Kickstarter project with a 14k budget. What are the pre-production and production costs exactly? Are you employing anybody, yourself included?

Not much honestly needs to be spent on the film itself- all of our actors are locals from IU, we have to spend money on an RV and a realistic looking Bigfoot costume and a couple effects in post. Most of my ideas have flopped (but that is mostly due to the lack of interest on it). I can understand if nobody wants to do this. I am just looking for someone to draw a poster in their spare time.

One of my ideas, the card game, is STILL in development. We have 3 artists working on it.

Response to Looking for Artist to Make a Poster 2015-04-04 19:38:07

At 4/4/15 07:17 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: Edit: Looking through your post history, you seem to be chock full of propositions for projects for nonprofit games, animations, etc. Would you be able to put up a link to some of your finished projects because as of right now with me your ability to follow through and manage projects is called in to question due to the sheer volume of requests.

I see what you're saying. If I got the Kickstarter up and running, increased the budget to fit in marketing, and it was successful, should I come back then? Putting my money where my mouth is?

Response to Looking for Artist to Make a Poster 2015-04-04 19:57:59

At 4/4/15 07:38 PM, FishpasteTom wrote:
At 4/4/15 07:17 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: Edit: Looking through your post history, you seem to be chock full of propositions for projects for nonprofit games, animations, etc. Would you be able to put up a link to some of your finished projects because as of right now with me your ability to follow through and manage projects is called in to question due to the sheer volume of requests.
I see what you're saying. If I got the Kickstarter up and running, increased the budget to fit in marketing, and it was successful, should I come back then? Putting my money where my mouth is?

What I'm saying is you need to be prepared to pay for the services of outside contractors, especially on a project as big as a film. For your card game thing, fine that's relatively small stuff, as is a mobile game and an artist can be much more attached to these projects and be willing to do it for the experience if you're not making any money from it as well. But as previously mention 14k is no small sum and you really ought to pay an artist for that one.
But yeah put your money where your mouth is, always.

Response to Looking for Artist to Make a Poster 2015-04-04 21:11:37

What I'm saying is you need to be prepared to pay for the services of outside contractors, especially on a project as big as a film. For your card game thing, fine that's relatively small stuff, as is a mobile game and an artist can be much more attached to these projects and be willing to do it for the experience if you're not making any money from it as well. But as previously mention 14k is no small sum and you really ought to pay an artist for that one.
But yeah put your money where your mouth is, always.

I get it, I get it. Maybe I should mention that I am not receiving any payment as well. All the money from the Kickstarter goes to making the film the best it possibly can be. I don't want to be paid, I just want to make something cool.

And I will totally find money in the budget to pay the artists, you are right. I will set aside certain money specifically for that. I guess I'll come back once the campaign is done. Thanks for the advice!