00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reviwers on YouTube

843 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Like have you ever felt that when you know someone on a forum having a avatar of a game, and you search game footage of it, and be like. Wow this looks kinda cool.

But then.......friggin jerkomassacre reviews something.

Basically, have you ever wanted to play something, but got so annoyed that someone you hate on the net sorta reviews it. It makes it tastes a little bitter, like its not like you have to click it, but the idea that you know its out there. My cure is to watch these though. Thankfully it exists.
https://youtu.be/FFaHQrYapDQ
https://youtu.be/ysvCa2MSwtQ

Basically, to sorta explain more what i mean, i think retsupurae sorta had that same experience, only it was a let's play.
https://youtu.be/y7iF0RRAZRc

or... to go deeper :I
Used to play this game as a kid, now i cant..

Response to Reviwers on YouTube 2015-04-03 10:14:02

Just the play the games, no one is forcing you to watch reviews

420 blaze it

Response to Reviwers on YouTube 2015-04-03 16:06:38

Its the internet. Opinions are louder on here than real life.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Reviwers on YouTube 2015-04-03 17:18:33

The opinions of reviewers never succeed to influence my opinion. Nearly every popular reviewer only reviews irredeemably bad shovelware and/or flavor of the month AAA games that they like because it's popular. The ones that put lots of jokes and skits are the worst.

It's better to play the game and form your own opinions, or just look up gameplay footage. But if you're so weak-willed that you'll stop playing a game you liked because a guy who doesn't even review games dislikes it, then you shouldn't play video games at all.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Reviwers on YouTube 2015-04-03 18:49:04 (edited 2015-04-03 18:54:21)

At 4/3/15 04:45 AM, Morie1 wrote: Like have you ever felt that when you know someone on a forum having a avatar of a game, and you search game footage of it, and be like. Wow this looks kinda cool.

But then.......friggin jerkomassacre reviews something.

The well made and planned in depth reviews by cinemassacre made you upset? Considering the "Angry Video Game Nerd" reviews primarily shit which everyone agrees is shit....well you can always stick fingers in your ears and pretend those games are the best thing ever if you really want to. Only fooling yourself.

I would recommend watching Zero Punctuation's post Super Smash Bros. Brawl mailbag review. It might hit a bit close to home if you claim reviews are bad due to pretending the pointed out flaws don't exist since you like the game too much to accept problems.

Reviews have made me not want to play games a lot, every time this has been beneficial since it saved my curiosity costing me money I won't be happy about when I end up discovering how shit the games truly are.

Reviews about games I like? Yea I've watched those from Zero Punctuation a few times when he has reviewed them. Do they ruin the game for me by the way they point out the clear flaws? Of course not, those flaws are indeed present and need to be pointed out and in most cases I agree with them and find them amusing, it would be retarded and closed minded to claim they didn't exist.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Reviwers on YouTube 2015-04-04 04:36:02

Dick Tracy NES and Castlevania 2 NES are ok games, like i could pick any game like Zelda NES "OMG HOW DO I PLAY THIS THIS IS SO HARD UUUGH"

Response to Reviwers on YouTube 2015-04-04 15:35:12

I've learned to not listen to reviews all the time anymore, because reviewers aren't going to predict if someone will like the game or not. I don't really bother watching reviewers from YouTube though.

BBS Signature

Response to Reviwers on YouTube 2015-04-05 16:49:13

I usually ignore reviews and I don't really care what anyone's opinion is on a video game other than my friends and favourite YouTubers. But even then I only listen to the positive things that they say.