00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Gay marriage in church.. maybe

2,111 Views | 29 Replies

I think i have sort of come up with a logical... Maybe not,... but a way of interpreting to gay marriage actually being ok in a church.
Although this is highly plausable. I am still more open for civil marriage which is "Non religious" marriage and more into debating about interpretation than actually demanding it.

But either way here is the case.

You see, according to the bible the sexual immorale people cannot enter heaven unless they repent for their sins.

So lets say, what is sexual immorality according to the new testament.

Well i can mention a few i remember.

- Anal sex
- Oral sex
- Bestiality
- Homosexuality

I am sure there are more i just cant remember them all. But here is the case, in a logical point of view, sexual immorality can be seen as a way of not getting aids or sexual transmited decises, but thanks to god we now have condoms and stuff to protect ourselves. So seing that we can do this stuff now, that means that homosexuality is not at risk at spreading aids since condoms exist. Therefor it seems legit to accept it now, when before it was more dangerous.

Well thats probably the only logical interpretation i can imagine.

And as a sidenote, if you want to be a hardcore christian then avoiding all those would be ok, but most probably just ignore them. But thats just what i kinda get.

So yeah.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-27 21:19:53

Why do you need to be married in a church? You can get married by the government in a legal state, hopefully all states will be legalized soon.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-27 21:19:55

As a christian I do not agree with anal sex!

I disagree with the bible on this matter!

Anal sex is teh greatest, even for Christians!

wish I had a gf who is willing for that, a christian gf that is.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-27 21:24:09

At 3/27/15 09:19 PM, Ketchemonia wrote: As a christian I do not agree with anal sex!

Its considered as sodomy, being what the sodomites did.

Why do you need to be married in a church? You can get married by the government in a legal state, hopefully all states will be legalized soon.

I just talk out of a logical point of view if some gay guy just absolutely wanted too. But i think its silly to not allow it in terms of non religious marriage, since it doesnt have a dogma that allows it etc. I mean to give people freedom of choice to believe and choose their path is the best way to see what they want to follow in my view.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 00:19:53

The bible also suggests razing to the ground cities where the people worship another god.

But that makes them righteous.

Gays are the evil ones. The better question is: why don't gays own slaves, burn heathen cities, and stone children to death for masturbating like good Christians do?

Checkmate, gays.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 00:37:32

At 3/28/15 12:19 AM, Bit wrote: The bible also suggests razing to the ground cities where the people worship another god.

But that makes them righteous.

Gays are the evil ones. The better question is: why don't gays own slaves, burn heathen cities, and stone children to death for masturbating like good Christians do?

Checkmate, gays.

I'm sure at least one gay person has fit this description in the history of the world

(>'-')>

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 02:08:24

At 3/28/15 12:55 AM, Shauna wrote: This thread made my appendix burst.

Please tell me you'd previously already had your appendix removed, and yet this thread *still* somehow made you
a) grow a new appendix
-and-
b) made it burst

Also yeah, the amount of facepalm in this thread.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 02:30:48

At 3/28/15 02:14 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: I don't particularly like the idea of gay marriage being cheapened by letting the church have anything to do with it

Actually I don't think any individual church should be forced to do it. But you're perhaps forgetting there is a large variety of churches out there, with varying different beliefs from each other/etc,... and there are some gay-friendly churches, so it's possible, provided gay marriage was legal in the state the church is in, that a gay-friendly church could choose to do them.

Although granted the gay-friendly churches would be the extreme minority of churches.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 03:04:27

You sure are quite the Socrates, aren't you?

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 03:52:33

At 3/28/15 02:14 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: I don't particularly like the idea of gay marriage being cheapened by letting the church have anything to do with it

Well they got pissed when gay marriage was voted no in church here in norway, EVEN though they are allowed to get married non religious. So they do tend to whine which i dont like.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 04:28:28

At 3/28/15 04:24 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 3/28/15 03:52 AM, Morie1 wrote:
Well they got pissed when gay marriage was voted no in church here in norway, EVEN though they are allowed to get married non religious. So they do tend to whine which i dont like.
Why are atheists allowed to marry at a church then? Or any other sinner?

I always thought the point of the whole thing was that marriage was the union between a man and a woman

although they do say holy union

so meh

(>'-')>

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 04:51:06

That's not how the Bible works; if the homosexuality thing was warned against in a parable you might be able to wiggle around and interpret things, but it literally says homosexuality is an abomination to God, so they can't really pick and choose with that one in church.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 12:28:06

I have always thought of weddings as taking place in churches, but that's probably only because I was raised in a really religious house. I imagine there's tons of atheists who get married.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 13:44:05

At 3/27/15 09:19 PM, Ketchemonia wrote:
wish I had a gf who is willing for that, a christian gf that is.

Gremlin wishes this as well.

Mm-mmm... We could corrupt her, together

BBS Signature

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 13:45:49

At 3/28/15 04:51 AM, Tremulos wrote: That's not how the Bible works; if the homosexuality thing was warned against in a parable you might be able to wiggle around and interpret things, but it literally says homosexuality is an abomination to God, so they can't really pick and choose with that one in church.

It doesn't literally say that. You probably can't even read so I don't blame your misinterpretation.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 13:49:59

At 3/28/15 01:45 PM, FaroutFrank wrote:
At 3/28/15 04:51 AM, Tremulos wrote: That's not how the Bible works; if the homosexuality thing was warned against in a parable you might be able to wiggle around and interpret things, but it literally says homosexuality is an abomination to God, so they can't really pick and choose with that one in church.
It doesn't literally say that. You probably can't even read so I don't blame your misinterpretation.

Law of Moses is not considered cannon to follow according to christian dogma. However homosexuality is condemned for it being sexual immorale. Its basically on that stage that its challenging.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 13:52:11

At 3/28/15 01:49 PM, Morie1 wrote:
Law of Moses is not considered cannon to follow according to christian dogma. However homosexuality is condemned for it being sexual immorale. Its basically on that stage that its challenging.

Show me the verses you are referring too, if you are even referring to the Bible.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 13:53:15

At 3/28/15 01:48 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: it literally says you should not lie with a male as with a woman, it is an abomination

--supergandhi64

Show me the verses you are referring too, if you are even referring to the Bible.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 13:58:30

At 3/28/15 01:50 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: cannon? really... really

--supergandhi64

It really is. I mean the ten commandments is just an exception since that is mentioned in the new testament. Paul the Apostle says plenty of time that you are not abided by the law of moses.

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." Romans 6:14.

Christians are ”dead to the law." Romans 7:4.

"If ye be led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law" Galatians 5:18.

Christians are "delivered from the law." Romans 7:6.

"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster “ [the law]. Galatians 3:24-25.

For Christians, the Law is "that which is done away." II Corinthians 3:11.

For Christians, the Law is "that which is abolished." II Corinthians 3:13.

For Christians, Jesus, on the Cross, was "blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us." Colossians 2:14.

For Christians, the Law is taken "out of the way" and nailed "to his cross." Colossians 2:14.

"When God speaks of a new [covenant or agreement], He makes the first one obsolete (out of use). And what is obsolete (out of use and annulled because of age) is ripe for disappearance and to be dispensed with altogether." Hebrews 8:13, The Amplified Version

"And after that he said, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. Thus he put an end to the first in order to establish the second." Hebrews 10:9, Lamsa Translation

Source: http://www.gaychristian101.com/Christians-Under-Law.html

I've checked some of the passages. It really says it clearly.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 14:06:42

At 3/28/15 01:54 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: leviticus 18, unlawful sexual relations

--supergandhi64

You are referring to Leviticus 18: 22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

You're cherry picking the verse, instead of reading the whole chapter.

God told Moses to tell the Israelites not to do these things, as they did in Egypt. And do you why? Because they were doing all of them, and some of them were gay. God was just making fun of them for trying to be something they could not. He was just mocking them.

So next time you want to play Christian, read the whole chapter, instead of picking out verses like a idiot.

At 3/28/15 02:07 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: i was referring to leviticus 18, the whole chapter. try again idiot

--supergandhi64

But the law of moses is not in christian practice. I gave you stuff from the new testament. The old covenant, the law is not in christian practice, its dead, finished. Completely gone. Except the ten commandments. (For some reason they forgot to mention in the new testament "keep the sabbath day holy", which may be why the roman catholic changed some of it.

Gay marriage in church.. maybe

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 15:02:01

At 3/27/15 09:07 PM, Morie1 wrote:

thanks to god we now have condoms and stuff to protect ourselves. So seing that we can do this stuff now, that means that homosexuality is not at risk at spreading aids since condoms exist. Therefor it seems legit to accept it now, when before it was more dangerous.

i hope you dont think std's or aids came from anal sex.........

also gay people arent the only ones that get aids
you should read a book that actually derives from a place of knowledge

i am not referencing the bible
if you are to dense to catch that in the first place

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 15:04:56

At 3/28/15 01:45 PM, FaroutFrank wrote:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." - Leviticus 20:13

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 20:30:36

Leviticus is the funniest part of the bible, honestly.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-28 20:34:27

At 3/27/15 09:07 PM, Morie1 wrote: So lets say, what is sexual immorality according to the new testament.

no, live by the old testament. is it me or do churches never tell kids about the old testament, just the new?

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-29 00:23:08

At 3/28/15 08:34 PM, w00tw00 wrote: no, live by the old testament. is it me or do churches never tell kids about the old testament, just the new?

More like the exact opposite. Not sure where you live, but in the south the old testament is heavily emphasized and the new testament is hardly emphasized at all, other than to mention the name of Jesus here or there. That's why there's all the preaching about hate and fire and brimstone and just very hateful churches and hateful people just in general. They're not all to the level of Westboro Baptist, but there are a lot that don't come too far from there.

In cases where the old and new testament conflict, these churches tend to go with the old testament. So they would be more likely to say "eye for an eye" than "turn the other cheek" for example.

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-29 10:20:01

At 3/28/15 01:58 PM, Morie1 wrote: It really is. I mean the ten commandments is just an exception since that is mentioned in the new testament. Paul the Apostle says plenty of time that you are not abided by the law of moses.

I recall another scripture that said Jesus was not changing the rules, he was simply adding to them, or something like that. For example, one verse says that pork is banned, but Jesus says that it's nothing outside a man that makes him unclean.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-29 10:36:43

At 3/29/15 12:23 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 3/28/15 08:34 PM, w00tw00 wrote: no, live by the old testament. is it me or do churches never tell kids about the old testament, just the new?
More like the exact opposite. Not sure where you live, but in the south the old testament is heavily emphasized and the new testament is hardly emphasized at all, other than to mention the name of Jesus here or there. That's why there's all the preaching about hate and fire and brimstone and just very hateful churches and hateful people just in general. They're not all to the level of Westboro Baptist, but there are a lot that don't come too far from there.

In cases where the old and new testament conflict, these churches tend to go with the old testament. So they would be more likely to say "eye for an eye" than "turn the other cheek" for example.

I think i get why. Judeo Christianity is pretty popular in USA. Even though judaism and christianity is not compatible to what the doctrine teaches in practical terms

Response to Gay marriage in church.. maybe 2015-03-29 14:04:11

The day tolerance passes for doctrines that are not damaging will be glorious

You have so many forum posts!

I think the gay marriage in church would spark a lot of contraversy.