00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Constructive Criticism only..Please

2,919 Views | 49 Replies

Hey fellow Newgrounds users, just something that has been bothering me and iv'e been wanting to address. If you leave a review on my or for that matter anyone else's work, Be courteous enough to leave HELPFUL feedback on how to improve and not just asshole douchebag remarks. I know you can't control what people post at the end of the day but I don't know if i'm the only one who doesn't get a little ticked off by useless comments, like if you wanna be an asshole just leave a bad rating, I don't address the mindless comments unless my anger gets the best of me, I usually only pay attention to those that took the time to actually share with me how to make a better project. I acknowledge that kind of mutual gain and respect Newgrounds users who do that, I really do. I mean even Newgrounds says when you post a comment "Remember, you're submitting a REVIEW for this CONTENT. This isn't a place for you to make smug jokes, post stupid nonsense, or act like a total jerk." but of course your always gonna have jackasses like @Wegra that only post stupid BS to get the worst of you going but like I said can't control them all. I honestly value hard constructive helpful criticism more then just positive reviews. But I can't be the only one, don't you guys agree ? You wanna get the word to mouth or erm keyboard to type (pun) on how to improve right ?

MetaMike

This is no longer a Democracy

BBS Signature

You're really going to drive this fight across the whole General board, huh?
For christ's sakes man, you're 18. (Or at least that's what you put in there)

Reviews for movies are nothing to go ape about.

Sure it's unpleasant and a bit of a nuisance to see reviews that break the review rules, but that's why they put in the flag button, friend.

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 04:06:06

At 3/26/15 03:15 AM, NGPulp wrote: You're really going to drive this fight across the whole General board, huh?

Sure it's unpleasant and a bit of a nuisance to see reviews that break the review rules, but that's why they put in the flag button, friend.

What ? i'm just expressing my love for constructive criticism ?? No harm done here.

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 04:09:13

At 3/26/15 04:06 AM, MetaMike wrote:
At 3/26/15 03:15 AM, NGPulp wrote: You're really going to drive this fight across the whole General board, huh?

What ? i'm just expressing my love for constructive criticism ?? No harm done here.

Be careful with that, or you'll see whole Newgrounds express their love for "fuck MetaMike" doctrine.

@Wegra left an honest review of your submission and you blew up at him for no reason.

If this were Youtube, someone would have gone into exquisite detail regarding their sexual adventures with you mother, instead. But Wegra just called your submission "Meh.", which isn't an insulting statement by even a 12-year-old's (AKA Youtuber's) standards.

I think you need to calm down and ask yourself why your submission was "Meh." rather than gang up on Wegra, someone who already happens to be the most hated Newgrounder on the entire site.

Fuck you, Wegra. I don't even know why. But just fuck you.

Anyway, you don't need to turn his review into a personal attack. Just adopt an introspective viewpoint and attempt to learn from the situation like an adult.

Fuck you again, Wegra.

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 04:37:50

Speaking of dragging this out ? Why are you being a dipshit ? It's an honest forum submission. Damn bro chill tf out

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 04:40:27

At 3/26/15 04:16 AM, Bit wrote: @Wegra left an honest review of your submission and you blew up at him for no reason.

Fuck you, Wegra. I don't even know why. But just fuck you.
Anyway, you don't need to turn his review into a personal attack. Just adopt an introspective viewpoint and attempt to learn from the situation like an adult.

Fuck you again, Wegra.

I tried my best to adopt an introspective viewpoint and attempt to learn from it..And you know what ? meh doesn't help..So..Thanks but no thanks

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 04:41:35

At 3/26/15 04:09 AM, Makakaov wrote:
At 3/26/15 03:15 AM, NGPulp wrote:

Be careful with that, or you'll see whole Newgrounds express their love for "fuck MetaMike" doctrine.

well fuck you buddy, your not helping. Dipshit

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 04:42:13

At 3/26/15 04:37 AM, MetaMike wrote: Speaking of dragging this out ? Why are you being a dipshit ? It's an honest forum submission. Damn bro chill tf out

Why are you being mean to everyone?

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 05:00:28

At 3/26/15 04:42 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
At 3/26/15 04:37 AM, MetaMike wrote: Speaking of dragging this out ? Why are you being a dipshit ? It's an honest forum submission. Damn bro chill tf out
Why are you being mean to everyone?

Because "we tried to be decent men, IN AN INDECENT TIME !" Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 05:11:26

By Constructive Criticism, you mean positive comments and praise only right? Grow up.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 05:39:09

At 3/26/15 04:41 AM, MetaMike wrote:
At 3/26/15 03:15 AM, NGPulp wrote:

well fuck you buddy, your not helping. Dipshit

Is this this constructive criticism you're talking about?

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 05:40:35

At 3/26/15 04:16 AM, Bit wrote: Wegra, someone who already happens to be the most hated Newgrounder on the entire site.

I like Wegra.

At 3/26/15 05:00 AM, MetaMike wrote:
At 3/26/15 04:42 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Why are you being mean to everyone?
Because "we tried to be decent men, IN AN INDECENT TIME !" Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Well, there goes my perception of you being a normal, decent, 18 year old.

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 05:43:48

At 3/26/15 05:11 AM, Zombified wrote: By Constructive Criticism, you mean positive comments and praise only right? Grow up.

Umm no not really if you refer to my comments I take even the negative yet constructive comments into account..so no.

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 05:46:34

At 3/26/15 05:40 AM, NGPulp wrote:
At 3/26/15 04:16 AM, Bit wrote: Wegra, someone who already happens to be the most hated Newgrounder on the entire site.
I like Wegra.ou

At 3/26/15 05:00 AM, MetaMike wrote:

Darn I value your opinion of me so much losing your perception is a big blow to my life damn I really messed up now ! Har har. No but really my amazing life isn't affected by your..view of me ? So..take your judgement elsewhere.

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 05:48:29

At 3/26/15 05:39 AM, Makakaov wrote:

Not criticizing anything but ok

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 05:51:05

At 3/26/15 05:46 AM, MetaMike wrote: Darn I value your opinion of me so much losing your perception is a big blow to my life damn I really messed up now ! Har har. No but really my amazing life isn't affected by your..view of me ? So..take your judgement elsewhere.

You're being arrogant and really immature. Please stop.

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 05:52:05

Yet a shitty review is enough to throw you into such a huge hissy fit.

hillllarious

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

At 3/26/15 05:46 AM, MetaMike wrote:
At 3/26/15 04:16 AM, Bit wrote: At 3/26/15 05:00 AM, MetaMike wrote:
Darn I value your opinion of me so much losing your perception is a big blow to my life damn I really messed up now ! Har har. No but really my amazing life isn't affected by your..view of me ? So..take your judgement elsewhere.

Seriously, man. If you really didn't give a fuck why'd you respond in the first place?

Last I check, 18 year olds aren't usually like this. Do everyone a favor, do yourself a favor; get help-- or try to improve on yourself.

Based solely on what you've written here on this board-- a good source, it must be-- I can conclude that you're a peon of an asshole who can't take criticism, comments and any type of judgement at all, unless it favors you or is convenient and swell to read. You must be a special little snowflake to not care what people think unless it's positive, huh? To tell us all you don't give a shit while responding to us anyway-- you must be touched.

Such a hissy fit over small comments over the internet-- reviews, posts, whatever-- these aren't the type of things a normal, self-reliant and creative person'd go nuts about unless you're leading them onto a joke or something, that's all this is, perhaps, a joke.

We all know how hard you've worked on your shit, must've taken days or something-- but you must understand that the greatest pieces take forever-- months, years, decades even. And while you think it wasn't deserving of the comment "meh" and that Wegra could've done better in composing his review, well, you could've done better in making that game of yours.

If someone hands you an honest, but blunt or slightly mean-spirited opinion of you or your work, just deal with it-- pick apart the fish bones and use the meat to build up on yourself, metaphors.

Lemme ask you something; what is, in your definition, a piece of constructive criticism?
In no less 50 words. C'mon, double time-- English exercise. Let's sharpen you up.

At 3/26/15 05:48 AM, MetaMike wrote:

Right, you're not criticizing, you're actually openly attacking everyone in this thread. I appeal to moderation to close this pathetic narcistic op's self masturbation of a thread

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 06:20:19

At 3/26/15 05:59 AM, Makakaov wrote:
Right, you're not criticizing, you're actually openly attacking everyone in this thread. I appeal to moderation to close this pathetic narcistic op's self masturbation of a thread

Actually the comment your referring to was towards NG Fulp I just didn't correctly link it to his name, So you kinda jumped in and pointlessly attacked. Your just jumping on the bandwagon kid, Just more sheep to the hater herd and I could care less bring on the hatred cause apparantly only me and ghandi are the only adults here who understand the big picture. Your poison dude. Fuck off

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 06:24:45

At 3/26/15 06:20 AM, MetaMike wrote: Actually the comment your referring to was towards NG Fulp I just didn't correctly link it to his name, So you kinda jumped in and pointlessly attacked. Your just jumping on the bandwagon kid, Just more sheep to the hater herd and I could care less bring on the hatred cause apparantly only me and ghandi are the only adults here who understand the big picture. Your poison dude. Fuck off

That's really sad that the only person on your side is a troll who bullshits in every post. What's even sadder is that you think supergandhi64's opinion is valid.

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 06:33:06

At 3/26/15 05:54 AM, NGPulp wrote:
At 3/26/15 05:46 AM, MetaMike wrote:
At 3/26/15 04:16 AM, Bit wrote: At 3/26/15 05:00 AM, MetaMike wrote:
Seriously, man. If you really didn't give a fuck why'd you respond in the first place?

Last I check, 18 year olds aren't usually like this. Do everyone a favor, do yourself a favor; get help-- or try to improve on yourself.

Based solely on what you've written here on this board-- a good source, it must be-- I can conclude that you're a peon of an asshole who can't take criticism, comments and any type of judgement at all, unless it favors you or is convenient and swell to read. You must be a special little snowflake to not care what people think unless it's positive, huh? To tell us all you don't give a shit while responding to us anyway-- you must be touched.

Such a hissy fit over small comments over the internet-- reviews, posts, whatever-- these aren't the type of things a normal, self-reliant and creative person'd go nuts about unless you're leading them onto a joke or something, that's all this is, perhaps, a joke.

We all know how hard you've worked on your shit, must've taken days or something-- but you must understand that the greatest pieces take forever-- months, years, decades even. And while you think it wasn't deserving of the comment "meh" and that Wegra could've done better in composing his review, well, you could've done better in making that game of yours.

If someone hands you an honest, but blunt or slightly mean-spirited opinion of you or your work, just deal with it-- pick apart the fish bones and use the meat to build up on yourself, metaphors.

Lemme ask you something; what is, in your definition, a piece of constructive criticism?
In no less 50 words. C'mon, double time-- English exercise. Let's sharpen you up.

Don't talk to me with your stupidity tactics, That entire paragraph was unneeded, jesus man. Constructive Criticism is someone who refers your work but no matter how negative or positive their feedback is, also in detail explains WHY they liked/disliked your work and HOPEFULLY provides insight on how to improve. Happy ? The response your looking for is just messy responses. Fuck me can't believe ghandi is the only smart one here. What the fuck happened to most of you ? Favoring the kid that left garbage for a response, its poisonous snakes like you that are making this site worse. Fuck man its not about the person its about the value of the review you fucking cunt, and for the last time I DO TAKE REVIEWS THAT DON'T FAVOR MY WORK OR FIT MY CONVENIENCE INTO CONSIDERATION ! Look at my fucking game comments I respond to the negatives but not the morons that vomit pointless negativity, I acknowledge the negative just as long as theirs reason behind it, You can't blame someone for turning a blind eye to something that has absolutely no benefit or worth ! There answered all your stupid tasteless points and concerns. you have nothing on me anymore, Bitch. You deserve that.

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 06:33:33

At 3/26/15 06:24 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:

That's really sad that the only person on your side is a troll who bullshits in every post. What's even sadder is that you think supergandhi64's opinion is valid.

Your just rambling now dude, seriously get lost

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 06:35:39

At 3/26/15 06:33 AM, MetaMike wrote: Your just rambling now dude, seriously get lost

Your bad at English.

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 06:38:09

At 3/26/15 05:59 AM, Makakaov wrote:

I'm not openly attacking anybody ! I'm only defending your the ones coming at me one by one with biased points, your full of shit appeal all you want asshole your not helping anything

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 06:40:26

At 3/26/15 06:35 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
At 3/26/15 06:33 AM, MetaMike wrote: Your just rambling now dude, seriously get lost
Your bad at English.

You mean You're bad at English. Try again

MetaMike

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 06:48:26

If you think the review is useless you can just flag it and let the mods decide if it belongs in the trash or not.

At 3/26/15 06:33 AM, MetaMike wrote: Fuck me can't believe ghandi is the only smart one here.

He's a troll account, you know, just check his post history.

At 3/26/15 06:40 AM, MetaMike wrote:
At 3/26/15 06:35 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Your bad at English.

That joke backfired on you badly.

Constructive Criticism only..Please

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

At 3/26/15 06:33 AM, MetaMike wrote: Don't talk to me with your stupidity tactics, That entire paragraph was unneeded, jesus man.

The two threads from both sides of the case were unneeded.

So Wegra left a shit review that wasn't to your standards of a review at all-- he wasn't going into detail, well, you left a game that was 'meh' to Wegra-- didn't fit his standards of a real good game.

That was supposed to be it.

But of course it got dragged much longer because Wegra made a thread about it and we saw the issue, and given the immense boredom and want to write posts and stuff, we commented.

People @'ed you and you responded-- explained yourself bitterly.

But of course, that wasn't enough and you had to make a thread expressing how you think reviews should only be constructive criticism, and while you're right, you were a bad sport about it. Calling everyone involved that seemed to be on Wegra's side stupid and calling Wegra out for that one review, yet again.

Not everyone heeds to one's thoughts and opinions-- said it yourself, our mere opinions and comments about you in this thread didn't mean anything to you-- but why are you upset? You seem rather upset about something.

Want me to fuckin' quote 'ya, lest you forget?

At 3/26/15 05:46 AM, MetaMike wrote: Darn I value your opinion of me so much losing your perception is a big blow to my life damn I really messed up now ! Har har. No but really my amazing life isn't affected by your..view of me ? So..take your judgement elsewhere.

Condescending, sarcastic. Nice and well-composed.

Want more examples? Look at this thread again and again and see how bad of a sport you are about all this.

Anyway, not everyone would like to heed the rules and thoughts of others. Even if TomFulp himself said it-- put it on the rules, even that "reviews are not comments" rule-- even you making a thread about it, thinking you'll refresh everyone on the subject-- even if all that shit happened, people'll still be handing out shitty reviews, non-constructive criticism, comments and etcetera.

People just won't listen. That's society. That's humanity. That's life. People still won't listen. Fuck the people. Just live out your life swell, with lotsa indifference and happiness 'cause this shithole we've dug into isn't gonna be fixable at all.

At least be a good sport about it-- play it for laughs or something, instead of going into a fit-- PMing Wegra and replying to our posts with such badly constructed ad hominems.

Constructive Criticism is someone who refers your work but no matter how negative or positive their feedback is, also in detail explains WHY they liked/disliked your work and HOPEFULLY provides insight on how to improve. Happy ?

Yes. Thank you.

I was sorta hoping you'd hand in a warped view on the thing so I'd tear 'ya a new one-- but looking at it now, you're okay.

Fuck me can't believe ghandi is the only smart one here.

You do know superghandi64 is a troll, right?
Ah well, you'll figure it out.

What the fuck happened to most of you?

You oughtta see the threads from 2004, man.

Favoring the kid that left garbage for a response, its poisonous snakes like you that are making this site worse. Fuck man its not about the person its about the value of the review you fucking cunt,

Yeah Wegra sucked at that review, but I'm mostly trying to get you to see how you're such a bad sport about all of this.

and for the last time I DO TAKE REVIEWS THAT DON'T FAVOR MY WORK OR FIT MY CONVENIENCE INTO CONSIDERATION !

Oh, well sorry 'bout that-- got carried away, then. Thought you were nuts like those people from Florida or something who can't take criticism at all.

Sorry.

Look at my fucking game comments I respond to the negatives but not the morons that vomit pointless negativity, I acknowledge the negative just as long as theirs reason behind it, You can't blame someone for turning a blind eye to something that has absolutely no benefit or worth !

True.

There answered all your stupid tasteless points and concerns.

Thank you.

you have nothing on me anymore,

Not quite...

Bitch.

Woof.

Response to Constructive Criticism only..Please 2015-03-26 06:54:29

At 3/26/15 06:48 AM, Radaketor wrote: If you think the review is useless you can just flag it and let the mods decide if it belongs in the trash or not.

At 3/26/15 06:33 AM, MetaMike wrote: Fuck me can't believe ghandi is the only smart one here.
He's a troll account, you know, just check his post history.

At 3/26/15 06:40 AM, MetaMike wrote:
At 3/26/15 06:35 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Your bad at English.
That joke backfired on you badly.

Umm I was just making fun of his attempt to make fun of my spelling, cute how you took all that time to underline the times I said your. here underline me mispelling these words too - fuk you stpd cnt, dck scking no lyfe no pssy gtting bich

MetaMike

BBS Signature