00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Interested in hiring for game ost

1,387 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-14 21:49:14

Hi everyone!

First thing first. I'm a indie game developer from Canada. I've been working with my friend for 3 years on a indie game project called The Glitch Fairy.

It's a 2d side-scrolling shooter a la Megaman. I'm the one who design the levels, write the dialogues, design the characters, make the backgrounds and animate everything.

My friend works on the programming part and does some level design.

You can read more about the game on our tumblr, deviantart or facebook (all named Cannoncow).

Here's a link: http://cannoncow.deviantart.com/

The game is not ready for release. We would like to release it in Q2 2016.

We can make most of the job, but we're absolutely clueless on the sound and music department. This is why I'm asking you guys if you had any tips on how to hire someone for the sounds/music. We're serious about our project and we would like to have reliable partners who understands the process of game development.

Thank you and I'm glad I joined the community. Can't wait to chat with you guys :D

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-14 23:12:52

I'm down! I have roughly 10 years of music production experience and I can produce all genres. Electronic is my best.

listen here for my most recent "album" http://rezzie.bandcamp.com/releases

Feel free to PM me if you want to work with me :)

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-15 10:30:05

Thank you everyone for your answers! I'm currently listening to your stuff and reading your advice. I will get back with each one of you soon ;)

We will upload screenshots of the alpha asap on our Deviantart page and Tumblr. I want to show you that we are really making something XD The game itself is almost complete in term of stages, but after that it's bug testing hell and reworking sprites to make them better looking.

Anyway, see you soon !

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-15 15:21:48

At 3/14/15 11:12 PM, Sequenced wrote: I'm down! I have roughly 10 years of music production experience

yeah, i guess you can tell people in your soundcloud bio that you've had 16 years worth of exp. 10 and 16 are the same anyways.

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-15 16:08:15

At 3/14/15 11:12 PM, Sequenced wrote: I'm down! I have roughly 10 years of music production experience and I can produce all genres. Electronic is my best.

listen here for my most recent "album" http://rezzie.bandcamp.com/releases

Feel free to PM me if you want to work with me :)

This dude's dope! ^^^^

hi

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-15 17:55:14

At 3/15/15 03:21 PM, w00tw00 wrote:
At 3/14/15 11:12 PM, Sequenced wrote: I'm down! I have roughly 10 years of music production experience
yeah, i guess you can tell people in your soundcloud bio that you've had 16 years worth of exp. 10 and 16 are the same anyways.

6 years acoustic + 10 production = 16 years. u can do a math ye?

p.s. i am gay

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-15 19:14:54

At 3/15/15 05:55 PM, midimachine wrote: 6 years acoustic + 10 production = 16 years. u can do a math ye?

ye read ye?
16 years worth of acoustic and electronic music production experience

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-15 19:37:37

At 3/14/15 11:30 PM, Braiton wrote:
Here it is
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1385943

Thank you! That should help me out :)

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-15 21:41:53

At 3/15/15 05:55 PM, midimachine wrote:

^^^

been playing the piano since i was 3, started toying with a music ace program on my old ibm laptop and was able to write melodies and shizzle.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-15 21:54:34

At 3/15/15 09:41 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 3/15/15 05:55 PM, midimachine wrote:
^^^

been playing the piano since i was 3, started toying with a music ace program on my old ibm laptop and was able to write melodies and shizzle.

Well I literally made a song yesterday on gear I bought a year ago but haven't been using seriously until I got the flu last week sooooo HAH! The job is as good as mine!!

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-16 08:31:39

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry If I can't confirm you now who we will hire. I made this post to find tips on hiring.

I must say we're not 100% ready to hire someone as of right now. We need to think about the terms and see our budget. Also, we want to make sure the artist is happy so he won't come bite us afterward XD It may take weeks, months.

I'm glad I talked with you guys. It's nice to meet people who actually make music. I spoke with counselor and business people about our licensing and sale strategies but we never talked to an actual musician.

Again, thank you for your time and I'll come back to you with news asap.

Response to Interested in hiring for game ost 2015-03-19 00:42:56

You might consider going the route of kickstarter to try and generate funds. Depending on the scope of the game (and the artist you hire), you would probably need to raise $100-1000 or so. A lot of unknown indies are having some luck raising a few hundred through kickstarter just by use of personal social networking sites.

Alternatively, you might consider looking for a publisher to help fund your project. If you're close to release this may not be the best option (as they're going to want a cut of revenue). But if you still have some months left in development, and could use the money to help fund various aspects of development, this is an option to consider. It all depends on the quality of what you're working on. I know a start-up publisher that might be interested in giving you some funding to help complete the game. Send me a PM if you'd like me to connect you with them.

BBS Signature