00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

vestik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Music Apocalypse

330 Views | 5 Replies

Music Apocalypse 2015-03-10 22:57:09

The apocalypse in question refers to the music industry, not us.

With every movie, band. singer, and video game having their own signature soundtrack, when will it come to a point to which a new soundtrack can't be created since those soundtracks has already been created in the past? In other words, when will we run out of possible music combinations and possibilities?

Response to Music Apocalypse 2015-03-10 22:58:47

Never. Most of the songs you hear are already ripped off of something else

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Music Apocalypse 2015-03-10 23:01:43

I don't really care because just about all of the music I listen to is from the 20th century.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Apocalypse 2015-03-10 23:17:21

An artist named Donald Judd wrote a seminal essay called "Specific Objects" which considered this exact inevitability in modern painting and sculpture. His solution was to create an entirely new classification of visual art, which in turn (though he disavowed it until the day he died) became the foundation for Minimalism, and eventually led to aesthetic strategies in architecture that are still employed to this day. Judd made millions of dollars off of these ideas and passed away with homes in many premium locations.

My point is that you may be right, but what will you invent to supplant the currently accepted definition of music? There could be a shitload of money in it for you if you hit the right answer.

Response to Music Apocalypse 2015-03-10 23:26:59

At 3/10/15 10:58 PM, NewgroundsNation wrote: Never. Most of the songs you hear are already ripped off of something else

^

Response to Music Apocalypse 2015-03-10 23:47:55

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature