00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Have a video game idea?

1,949 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Have a video game idea? 2015-03-10 00:07:44

Have a video game idea that you know would make millions? Just want a video game that you can play for yourself but lack the means to produce it? Look no further! i am programming games of all types, 3D and 2D. Any genre, any graphics. You provide sound, art, and the idea if you like. All three are optional. I am for hire to make anything. I'm no ordinary freelancer either. See it, play it, love it, buy it. Thats how it works. Always communicating as well. Best of all, I schedule projects. I will never leave you in the dark and I will always be there if you have any questions. What are you waiting for? Get a quote today! PM me or contact via email.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-10 07:56:17

At 3/10/15 07:47 AM, Hoodie wrote: Man you better have a real job cause we get like no money.

Actually a freelance programmer. Tempted to switch over to game programming. I've noticed everyone here seems poor. 's a damn shame

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-10 20:12:54

It's a good idea, but yeah what @Hoodie said.

You'll either be pricing yourself way too short and thus getting a very bad deal for yourself *or* be pricing yourself higher than most people would want to or be able to pay. That's assuming quality work. Even then they might decide not to pay in the end.

Are most people going to want to pay, say, $900 for a quality custom game? No, and you'll have a hard time finding buyers. Even though, for quality work, it is more than a fair price. In fact, that may very well be lowballing it.

And if you're only pricing it at like $30 or so, which is more around what people might pay, you'd really be ripping yourself off in terms of pay per hour. Assuming a quality custom game and not just a rush job or a templated game.

It's the kind of thing rich people might buy, if they really want something like it. But not too many other people would give you a fair price.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-10 22:57:32

At 3/10/15 09:11 PM, Hoodie wrote:
At 3/10/15 08:12 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
Are most people going to want to pay, say, $900 for a quality custom game?
lol no, that would be lucky for an up and coming developer. Maybe for like, an indie team that is well known.

Well in terms of pay per work done, it's a very fair price and most likely even lowballing it, assuming top quality work.

At the same time, like I said, most people aren't going to want to pay that and hence why this sort of thing typically isn't going to work out ... he'd be better off making non-custom games and selling copies of those games for like $5 a piece, *and* he'd make tons more money than if he sold quality custom games.

Odds are great he's either going to price himself fairly, but too high no one wants to pay, or completely rip himself off in terms of pay per hour, on these custom games, again assuming quality original custom work and not just tweaking templated-games. Nothing wrong with tweaking templated games but I am assuming each game is a "made-from-scratch" creation.

The only time selling custom games is really going to work out for anyone is if you find a rich buyer.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-11 03:05:15

you can visit http://www.joygames.me/ .maybe it will give you a video game idea.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-11 03:10:14

At 3/11/15 03:05 AM, stackover wrote: you can visit http://www.joygames.me/ .maybe it will give you a video game idea.

Be off with yo spam.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-11 03:13:24

At 3/10/15 08:12 PM, NeonSpider wrote: It's a good idea, but yeah what @Hoodie said.

You'll either be pricing yourself way too short and thus getting a very bad deal for yourself *or* be pricing yourself higher than most people would want to or be able to pay. That's assuming quality work. Even then they might decide not to pay in the end.

Are most people going to want to pay, say, $900 for a quality custom game? No, and you'll have a hard time finding buyers. Even though, for quality work, it is more than a fair price. In fact, that may very well be lowballing it.

And if you're only pricing it at like $30 or so, which is more around what people might pay, you'd really be ripping yourself off in terms of pay per hour. Assuming a quality custom game and not just a rush job or a templated game.

It's the kind of thing rich people might buy, if they really want something like it. But not too many other people would give you a fair price.

While yes, I agree the hours put in won't be paid well off. But game logic code is extremely fast to write. Especially when you have a template library reference of your own. and 30$ will buy you a crap game. A small game that has quality probably around 100-200. A full scale game is when I would dive into the grands. And if someone was serious about becoming a video game company, this would be a score of a start for them. I'm sure there is someone out there on new grounds who wants to get serious. It is also a matter of, I don't care about work by hour. I enjoy video game logic. It is fun to me. So i want to make a few bucks and go ahead and play around in a hobby!

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-11 12:58:47

At 3/11/15 03:05 AM, stackover wrote: you can visit http://www.joygames.me/ .maybe it will give you a video game idea.

Nobody wants to go to that site. Beware the spam.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-20 03:25:55

At 3/20/15 02:13 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 3/10/15 08:12 PM, NeonSpider wrote: It's a good idea, but yeah what @Hoodie said.

900$? absolutely unfair unless it lasts me for decades.. which is longer than any game in the history of the world, even bomberman 64, has accomplished..

Absolutely fair! In fact, quite on the low end for top quality work. You are absolutely not taking into account what is fair to the developer. Because you cannot afford it does not mean it is not a fair price. You don't realize how much work actually goes into making quality games. But hence why I said he'd have trouble finding anyone willing to pay that, because most people won't.

dont encourage this kind of nonsense. my max budget is ten dollars a year. if i'm being fair with myself, i'd only be willing to treat gaming like the dollar store so i could at least get ten copies.

It's not nonsense at all. Stop looking at this through the perspective of a gamer and start looking at it through the perspective of a developer. Don't be selfish. It takes far more work and effort than you realize or are willing to give credit for, which is why he'd be ripping himself off if he charged too little, and he'd have a hard time finding buyers if he charged a lot.

i thought you said you agreed about hating money anyhow..

regardless. if i cant afford it, i'll find someone else who will. otherwise, i'll just pirate random things that keep the same value as what i had in mind, same as i've always done.

I do hate the concept of money, but as long as that is the system in use, that is what we must use unless you have a better idea. You have to understand, the prices I listed are far more than fair, and in fact he'd probably get *more* money flipping burgers than making custom video games and selling them at those prices, so just consider that, please.

You are neglecting that companies sell thousands or millions of copies of games for like $60 a piece, or even $30 or $5 or $2 on the lower end, but multiply all that up, whereas this would be selling the one and only copy for $900. The same amount of work goes in, but in one case developers can make a living whereas in the other they really couldn't.

i hope that if this is an ng thread the service is free anyway? i'll supply the story myself to save the effort. once i finish it that is.

Don't assume it's free. He says he wants people to pay him to make custom games for them. That's not free. But you shouldn't expect people to work for nothing. If they want to, that is up to them, but don't expect it.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-20 10:06:39

At 3/20/15 09:15 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: top quality work even in the professional industry doesnt go for that much. i would estimate about the price of a console to play it on tops.

You have no idea what top quality work in the professional industry goes for. I can guarantee you the likes of Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, etc... pay a *hell* of a lot more than simply $900 per game that a single developer makes. Not to mention it's usually multiple developers per game.

labor is not a valid cause for pay. what is valid is quality of product. that's why we have lemon laws on cars.

Yes it is! You're being selfish! So, you agree with slavery then?, because that is exactly what not paying someone for their labor, yet demanding they labor anyway, is. Quality demands a higher price, sure, but there's also a base price. Your ideas of what is "fair" aren't even remotely in the ballpark.

no they really are not. you have nothing to base this on since the service doesnt even exist..

I have everything to base this on and yes it does exist. Just because you've not used such services before and likely will never be able to with your hugely lowball estimates does not mean they don't exist. Literally any developer is free to provide such services. To say that no one ever does freelance programming work is incredibly naive at best.

$60 is the price of one game these days. one custom game with quality not guaranteed for 900, or one high quality non-designer game for 60? i think i'd go with the 60.

And no one was suggesting you would be able to pay the prices for these kinds of games. Not with your hugely lowball estimates, anyway. The kinds of people who would even be interested in making and selling custom games would not be interested in making or selling them to you. You are better served with the mass-produced games rather than a custom game. Custom software (including games) will drive the price up. But it's also hugely more expensive for the developer as well, compared to just making a standard game.

i didnt assume. i said i hoped. this is newgrounds bbs. nobody is willing to pay for jack here. that said, i did offer to write the story myself in leiu of a ridiculous price. that's more than fair.

Well you can hope all you want but hoping isn't going to get you anywhere. And, agreed, I don't think there is the market here for custom games because, like I said, everyone's going to lowball (although not as insanely as your lowball estimates), and it would literally not even be worth it for a prospective game developer to even bother. The only chance is if they find some rich people -- otherwise they're better served making standard, rather than custom, games. That is, if they're doing it for money. This is, of course, assuming a professional and not an amateur developer.

Also, contrary to what you might think, coming up with the story for a game is the easy part. No one would agree to reduce the price for that, or if they would agree to it I would be incredibly surprised and they would be doing you an extremely huge favor. Actually making the game is the bulk of the work. It's like when people have "an idea" for a website but then want you to do all the work while they reap all the pay and essentially do nothing. It's a complete ripoff to any prospective programmer. They offer nothing. A prospective programmer would do better to just cut out the middleman.

Sometimes work is not worth it so people are better off not taking certain jobs and, yes, labor demands pay. Slavery is wrong. So your only choices besides that are accept only what people wish to do for free. Because if you want someone to do something they don't want to do for free you better pay them. This is modern times, not slavery era.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-20 19:23:55

At 3/20/15 11:34 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: what the devs pay isnt what it's sale price is worth. you are dealing with two different constructs.

No, I'm not, and you're ignoring that what you're dealing with isn't something you can even buy in a store. Not everything is sold in stores, you know. Payment for labor is worth whatever the dev says it is. Either you pay that amount or you don't use their services. Simple as that. No developer is going to want to do work for someone for virtually no benefit compared to the work put in. Note that open source software has benefit because at the very least it's usually something the programmer actually wants to do and was going to do anyway, or they find some clever way to get paid for it (but it's trickier than getting pay from traditional means)

no it isnt. if i buy something that does not work, it's not even worth a penny.

Then don't buy it. No one said you even should buy it, least of all me. Plus no legitimate developer would sell you some custom software that "doesn't even work". If it didn't work, they would keep working on it until it did or they wouldn't charge you.

freelance programming is done for dev teams. does ng look like a place where professional dev teams hang out to you?

You would be surprised. And, no, it's not just for dev teams but literally any individual developer can do it if they want to. I could do it if I wanted to. I don't want to. I don't think it would be worth it so I don't even offer the services.

it's not lowball. its the average price in the store. it's more than fair.

It is incredibly lowball! Custom software in the form of games are almost never offered in a store and, when they are, the prices are extremely high and they typically don't just limit themselves to selling only one copy of their hard work and then never another copy ever again -- it will be a very low production run. Even that you'll never find unless you go way out of your way for it, and more likely at auctions or special events, but your best luck would be independent game stores in areas with lots of developers.

my ten dollar things are what it's worth. what it's worth varies depending on customer. you cant exactly put this sort of thing through the process of averaging and get something that represents the community in it's entirety..

No it's not what it's worth! You aren't understanding this! Nobody thinks it's worth it to make you custom software for $10 unless they intentionally crap it up for spite! Flipping burgers would get around $8 in an hour and you think the labor-intensive process of creating a completely new, custom game, just for you, is only worth $10? That's incredibly insulting. Unless they owe you a personal favor, no one would take you up on that offer unless they had ulterior motive, like installing a backdoor in your computer so they could add you to a botnet, or something nefarious like that.

i never said it's my estimate however. i put that at about 60 dollars. and if you think any game sells for much more than that per copy, you've got another thing coming. never has a nintendo, sony, or microsoft game sold for hundreds of dollars a copy when it was still current and not inflated due to extreme rarity of the game. pc games even rarely break a single hundred per.

*FACEPALM* You see that? You are making me facepalm here! Clearly. CLEARLY. You do not understand custom software, at all! This is typically not software that would even be sold in stores. In fact literally the only stores you would ever find it sold in would almost by definition have to be indie stores and, in the incredibly rare chance you'd find them, they would be sold for quite a lot, per copy, and they'd sell a limited run. What you are asking is outrageous for a permanent "Only one copy will ever be made" kind of software. Apples and oranges, dude.

contrary to what you might think, no work on story is less labor than work on story. it's a valid price reduction no matter how easy it is.

Ugh, you just don't understand. You quite literally do not understand. No. No developer thinks that's "worth it". No developer would give you a discount for that. It's the same reason those fools with "great ideas" for websites who want to get rich quick by having someone else do all the work and split the pay can't ever seem to find anyone to do the work. Because they bring nothing to the table. Nothing of value at least.

again, we have lemon laws for a reason. if we pay for something and it isnt functional, we have the right to a complete refund.

No. If you're dealing with custom software, it's probably on a contractual one-on-one basis, and if it wasn't what you wanted I guess you could take the issue to court (though I doubt you'd win), but generally someone like that would work with you and keep fixing the software until it was to your liking, but you'd have to be willing to pay them a reasonable amount for their work, which you are completely unwilling to do, so don't even consider using custom software services because you literally cannot afford it, apparently.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-20 23:20:48

Hey, OP, you still there? If so, what about doign business deals where you just get the majority of the money made from the game's sales? Like 85%?
Or if they help with the art or sound, 65%, and if they help by doing both art and sound, 50%?

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-20 23:44:00

At 3/20/15 11:20 PM, Hezio wrote: Hey, OP, you still there? If so, what about doign business deals where you just get the majority of the money made from the game's sales? Like 85%?
Or if they help with the art or sound, 65%, and if they help by doing both art and sound, 50%?

See, this is far more reasonable! Hezio gets it. Plus this makes a lot more sense than making one-sale-only custom games. Of course the artist or musician (or both) would need to be decently skilled at what they do, but provided a decently skilled artist/musician who wants 50% of profits combined with a decently-skilled programmer who takes the other 50%, this is a very fair arrangement.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-20 23:54:12

At 3/20/15 11:44 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 3/20/15 11:20 PM, Hezio wrote: Hey, OP, you still there? If so, what about doign business deals where you just get the majority of the money made from the game's sales? Like 85%?
See, this is far more reasonable! Hezio gets it. Plus this makes a lot more sense than making one-sale-only custom games. Of course the artist or musician (or both) would need to be decently skilled at what they do, but provided a decently skilled artist/musician who wants 50% of profits combined with a decently-skilled programmer who takes the other 50%, this is a very fair arrangement.

I mean, I'd be glad if I got 15%, heck, only 10% of the money made if my idea could be turned into a game, as long as I got control over the direction of it, art style, script, etc.

It would be more like an investment for you OP, you listen to people's ideas, and you decide whether it's a worthy investment and whether or not the idea would make a profitable game.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-21 16:59:50

At 3/21/15 01:04 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: yes, everything that is sold is sold in a store. the op is trying to turn ng into their own little e-store. labor is worthless. the price of a product is the price of the product, not the effort put into making said product. this isnt slavery, it's barter using currency.

I'll agree the OP is trying to turn Newgrounds into their own little e-store. I disagree "labor is worthless". No, it isn't. And if you make someone do labor who doesn't want to do that labor, that is indeed slavery. Bartering would be trading goods or services for other goods or services. But again, that would be a payment.

what value an object has is subjective to customer.

*AND* the seller. You don't have a deal unless all parties agree to it.

a glitchy game being sold is comparable to a car with a leaky oil pan being sold... again, we have lemon laws for a reason.

And, like I said, any programmer worth their salt would work with someone they were making custom software for, and would keep fixing it if need be. That's part of the beauty of custom software, actually, although it has a much higher price tag, but the developers themselves would be extremely willing to work with the customers and ensure everything was to their liking. Unlike a pre-made game or piece of software, a custom work can continually be refined until it is satisfactory.

any more than one person makes it a dev team, even if one of the two is said freelancer.

Okay, well, regardless, that exists.

and me making the story for them doesnt make them owe me a favor? ha.. regardless, ten dollars is a fifth of my yearly income, 100% of my current net worth, and i need hundreds of games every month. $1200 a year even if everything were one dollar. you can see the predicament i'm in.

Correct. Writing a story for a game absolutely does not make a developer owe you a favor. I'm really not sure why you would think it would. I'm sorry your income is so low, but that's a tangential issue. A developer also needs a fair deal and if the deal is too lopsided they have no incentive.

this is the principal of barter i am operating on, only with a universal currency for a product. i am not operating on the full extent of the modern notions of the dollar. there are no blanket prices for a good. especially so if you're not in a legitimate business chain. that's what you get when you work alone.

No, barter is mutual between at least two people. If all people involved cannot agree on a fair exchange then no exchange is made. Period. Also, define "legitimate business chain". So, only national chains are "legitimate" in your eyes or something? There are many independently owned stores and also even people selling their services by themselves are running legitimate businesses provided they follow the laws. Frankly, claiming only national chain stores are "legitimate" is quite insulting.

wow, just wow. you think indie stores in your definition of "store" are actually a thing. i am basing this off what i've seen stuff go for on the net. when i said "nonexistent", i meant it hyperbolically.

Because they actually *ARE* a thing! I can go for a walk right now and walk right into such an independent store. Sells games. Not a chain. Independently-owned. I guarantee if I made some homebrew cartridge games and talked with them I could get them to sell it in their store. So you're just wrong. Also, not everything has to be a national chain, you know. My area has a lot of arts and crafts, which necessitates a lot of indie stores as well, that mostly sell arts and crafts, but there's indie stores for other things as well.

you dont understand the concept of amateur commission price at all. look at artwork by famous painters, then look at a commissioned painting of comparable quality by an amateur.. the former costs millions to billions of dollars despite theoretically requiring less labor due to their experience. the latter would be lucky to fetch several hundred.

I understand it perfectly fine. Also, two points. One, we are not talking "amateur commission". I am assuming thread OP is a professional. In any case, I am. So my own work would not be considered "amateur". I could charge what I want. If people don't want to pay what I want to charge then that's their prerogative. I personally don't offer such services as OP is offering, specifically because I don't think it would be "worth it" for me. Two, apples and oranges dude. Video games are *not* paintings! Sure, I would agree that both are artforms but they're very different artforms from each other. Some people would claim video games aren't art but I'd disagree with them.

flash games are anomalistic examples because nobody sells them unless they are commissioned in the first place.. it's pure charity work done as a hobby. so it's not a valid comparison. even if it were they only cost like 30 dollars more than the price of zero dollars non-commissions have.

Flash games could count as well, although that's not my forte. But again all parties involved would need to agree on prices. Also, there's a big difference between a quality work and an amateur work. Most of the Flash games you'll see on Newgrounds are clearly amateur work, which is fine, but there are also clearly some quite skilled Flash game developers as well and they deserve whatever they ask for commissioned work. It's fine not to do business with them though.

i am not selling anything though. i am buying. this is a commission, not me hiring someone on as a coworker.. customers never contribute jack to their commissioned games here unless maybe it's rough sketches of what a character should look like... even then it's not all the characters in said game... all things considered, yes. it is worth it. how much a price slash is up to them, but if it's not enough for me, i'm not sharing the rights to my story.

i wont even request to be slapped in the credits as compensation if i do share it for what it's worth..

Price slash = $0. I'm just telling you like it is. I seriously doubt any custom developer would give a price slash for including the story, or they would just inflate the original price so they could "slash" it to whatever they were going to charge you anyway, if they're clever.

transactions make you pay for a product *before* you try it. that is how it's always been. they know this, and so can sell you a broken product.

lemon laws exist because of that. i can damn well afford it if i know who to talk to. not that it matters, because until my story is finished, nobody can make a game off it.

Perhaps you keep missing the part where I tell you that custom developers who are worth their salt will work with the customer and continue to fix any problems with their software for a reasonable time-frame, provided reasonable pay is provided for their services? It's not like a pre-built item where you buy as-is. It is an item which can be fixed even after it is delivered. For how long they wish to service it is up to them, but it would definitely work as it should or they would keep fixing it until it did, if they're a legit developer.

contracts never apply to purchases unless it's drm related. they only apply to employees. and we both know drm is a load of hogwash that should never have existed in the first place. same deal with intellectual property laws, terms of service, privacy policies, and anything else nobody but a lawyer would ever bother to read.

it's our duty to be rosa parks and flout it here.

Uh, no. Contracts apply wherever someone wants to make a contract. Barter situations very well can have contracts spelled out, although lots of stuff is "done on a handshake".

Rosa Parks = bad analogy. That has nothing to do with this at all.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-21 18:03:39

We will always need new games. There will never be a say where that is not true.

BBS Signature

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-21 21:56:40

At 3/21/15 07:26 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: i never disputed the agreeing on prices thing.. nobody "deserves" anything, positive nor negative, no matter what good nor terrible things they've done.. they do the service, we give them the pay. i'm fine not doing business. this is an inquiry. you cant just up and barge into their business and say "you're selling yourself short". let them make their own prices.

Okay. I can agree with you on this. You are indeed free to make inquiries. And if the sides can't reach an agreement then no deal is made. That's fair.

if it's nothing i can afford even then, i'm moving on until i find someone who will offer it at such a price. dont interfere.

Okay. You are free to do so. I very much doubt you will find anyone with good intentions for the kinds of prices you are able to afford, but you are free to search just the same. For those kind of prices for custom games, if anyone accepted it, I would seriously suspect some kind of back doors or something else nefarious put in the software itself. Personally, I would not trust custom software offered at that price, but that's me.

uh, custom and pre-built arent mutually exclusive. i just give them the specifications and they provide the product that meets them. also, it matters little in the end, because if i dont get something satisfactory the moment it's delivered it invalidates my having paid upfront. i shouldnt have to be responsible for someone else's mistakes..

It doesn't invalidate it. But I'm telling you literally anyone legitimate would indeed work on custom software until it met or exceeded specifications, and that's where contractual work can come in handy because the contract can specify exactly what qualifies as having met the requirements. If someone *won't* do that, they aren't a legitimate freelance developer even if they tell you otherwise. But there are con artists in any field.

this is simple de facto vs de jure. you are saying what can be, i'm saying what effectively is.

Lots of things are "done on a handshake". You don't have to use formal contracts. But they can be used. If you "do it on a handshake" though, you don't typically have much legal remedy in the event someone screws you over.

In fact, for more expensive work, they tend to be used more often because, in the event one side doesn't agree (buyer claims developer didn't meet the specs, or developer claims they met the specs but buyer does not), it can be taken to court. Custom software isn't something most people even buy though. In most cases your remedy would be a refund if indeed they didn't deliver what was promised, but it depends what is in the contract.

Also, I can tell you good luck getting your money back on "lemon" software. Big name companies have put out "lemon" software in retail box stores before and if you've ever tried to get your money back on such software you bought from a store, you'd know they just don't do it. If big name companies can get away with it, while screwing over literally millions of people, what makes you think the customer would automatically get their money back from a freelance developer, if there is no contract in place?

You're generally just "out" that money.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-21 22:13:53

"Putting out concepts in public with strangers is dangerous, son."

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-22 20:58:55

Yeah I would do the art and sound for a percentage. That would actually ease the pain of the actual game. But the art and sound would have to pass my standards if this method was invoked. Not a bad idea at all

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-22 22:36:22

At 3/21/15 10:13 PM, NGPulp wrote: "Putting out concepts in public with strangers is dangerous, son."

Never know who might steal your ideas. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-22 23:11:30

At 3/22/15 08:58 PM, MikeBoss wrote:
Yeah I would do the art and sound for a percentage. That would actually ease the pain of the actual game. But the art and sound would have to pass my standards if this method was invoked. Not a bad idea at all

I'd be willing to work with you on a deal like this.
I've had this game idea for a psychological horror for months, inspired from a nightmare.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-23 00:52:18

At 3/22/15 10:36 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/21/15 10:13 PM, NGPulp wrote: "Putting out concepts in public with strangers is dangerous, son."

© 2015, NGP Industries.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-29 20:11:54

At 3/22/15 11:11 PM, Hezio wrote:
At 3/22/15 08:58 PM, MikeBoss wrote:
I'd be willing to work with you on a deal like this.
I've had this game idea for a psychological horror for months, inspired from a nightmare.

Sounds cool. I'd be interested. Been working like 12-16 hour days to get a bank account rolling to start a code spree again haha. Have you came up with any concept/art or sound?

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-29 22:53:29

At 3/29/15 10:27 PM, vixuzar wrote: i`m making a horror video game now
but that remains a secret i`m very sorry...

Was there any reason at all to post then? Was this really necessary? I mean, come on.

Response to Have a video game idea? 2015-03-29 23:19:47

At 3/29/15 11:08 PM, vixuzar wrote:
At 3/29/15 10:53 PM, MikeBoss wrote:
At 3/29/15 10:27 PM, vixuzar wrote: i`m making a horror video game now
but that remains a secret i`m very sorry...
Was there any reason at all to post then? Was this really necessary? I mean, come on.
i just had to talk about it
i`m really sorry
i just couldn`t resist

So let me get this straight. You just have to talk about this said game, but you can't talk about it. Sound about right?