00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HAST3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprite Anim:How to remove black BG

1,013 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

SPrite Animation :
How to remove the black background of the sprite without tracing the bitmap.
And without deleting the clack in Photoshop and use it in Flash?
Is there a way to remove the black by Breaking it Apart?

Response to Sprite Anim:How to remove black BG 2015-02-28 09:13:10

You should upload your picture, so we can know what you mean.

BBS Signature

At 2/26/15 11:22 AM, Jerry589 wrote: SPrite Animation :

To have a picture have no background, save the image that is being exported as a .png file. If there is a color in the project's background, (like the project file itself has a black fill for the background), then you need to get rid of the fill. So say if layer 1 has a fill for the background, and layer 2 has the graphic, either delete layer 1 or select and cut everything in layer 1, then export the image as a .png file type. In "Photoshop," you export an image by going to "Save As." Near the bottom, you'll see a drop box that has several file type options. Find and select .png, and continue to export the image. If you follow these steps correctly, your newly exported image will have a transparent background. I hope this helps, and good luck. :3.

Response to Sprite Anim:How to remove black BG 2015-03-10 04:13:16

At 3/9/15 05:45 PM, DARKRYAN wrote:
To have a picture have no background, save the image that is being exported as a .png file. If there is a color in the project's background, (like the project file itself has a black fill for the background), then you need to get rid of the fill. So say if layer 1 has a fill for the background, and layer 2 has the graphic, either delete layer 1 or select and cut everything in layer 1, then export the image as a .png file type. In "Photoshop," you export an image by going to "Save As." Near the bottom, you'll see a drop box that has several file type options. Find and select .png, and continue to export the image. If you follow these steps correctly, your newly exported image will have a transparent background. I hope this helps, and good luck. :3.

I have tried importing the sprite-sheet as transparent background (actually , I haven't :\ ) . When I delete the black fill, the sprites looks very bad. Thanks for your reply.
I think I got my answer after trying it by breaking it apart and then polygonal lasso tool with the settings as trace bitmap settings. Anyways, Thanks again!

Response to Sprite Anim:How to remove black BG 2015-03-10 04:27:05

At 3/10/15 04:13 AM, Jerry589 wrote:
At 3/9/15 05:45 PM, DARKRYAN wrote:
I have tried importing the sprite-sheet as transparent background (actually , I haven't :\ ) . When I delete the black fill, the sprites looks very bad. Thanks for your reply.
I think I got my answer after trying it by breaking it apart and then polygonal lasso tool with the settings as trace bitmap settings. Anyways, Thanks again!

It kind of sounds like you're trying to import the sprite sheet that contains the black background, rather than going to the original project file that you made the sprite sheet in, and exporting a new image in .png format from there. But hopefully the lasso tool will help you get around the issue.

If you run into any issues with transparent images, or would like to figure out how to make one, let me know and I can make a video tutorial. Good luck with your project. :3.

Response to Sprite Anim:How to remove black BG 2015-03-10 04:34:53

At 3/10/15 04:27 AM, DARKRYAN wrote:

If you run into any issues with transparent images, or would like to figure out how to make one, let me know and I can make a video tutorial. Good luck with your project. :3.

OK yay!