00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Shot in the dark here.. [Hardware]

973 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I figured I'd give this a shot in the dark, since the two other forums I posted on pretty much turned up no response.

I'm fairly certain my TI desktop is kaputt. I've forced OS and software updates (OS 5.08 was stable for me, jump to i think 5.3 after the problem hit, then back to 5.08; total uninstall of TI software including purging the sys registry of residual files). Basically I get a terrible quick white noise hiss upon firing her up, and can't unfortunately track with it in PT. Both the TI routing (synth or midi) or actual midi channel (chan 2 on my m8u xl) yield no sound. Tested the m8u, all I/Os are fine.

Access support didn't really provide much aside from force OS/Software updates, then said send to a service center in TX. Can do, no biggie, between shipping and repair costs, it'll be under 200. Just curious if anyone happened to have a TI/Virus crap out on them, or a similar instance of a synth [eg a shit white noise hiss], to confirm it.

That, or maybe I'm salt that my Indigo has been a tank for the past 7 years between gigs and in studio, and my TI pooped out on me within 3.

Streets ahead. If you have to ask, you're streets behind.