00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LightyJaeger just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I need help with Animation.

776 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I need help with Animation. 2015-02-19 00:21:45

Hey I just started on newgrounds and i think it will be a great way to help me start animating. But the problem is i don't know where to start are what to use. Can anyone help me with this. Just trying to start getting ready to make animations and other stuff.

Response to I need help with Animation. 2015-02-19 06:52:54

At 2/19/15 02:52 AM, Cordyceps wrote: Adobe Flash is one of the better programs out there for animating. Although it is costly, there is a free trial available. There's a ton of great tutorial videos on YouTube, so you could just jump right in.

Thanks this will at least help me get started a little.

Response to I need help with Animation. 2015-02-19 20:28:50

If you're a beginner I recommend animating on paper to start out, just so you don't get bogged down trying to learn animation while also trying to learn a complex animation program.

There's a cool free program called Monkey Jam that let's will let you scan your drawings in sequence and let you adjust the frame rate and stuff.

I also recommend making flipbooks when you're first starting out.

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to I need help with Animation. 2015-02-22 01:11:37

Thanks for the help guys.

Response to I need help with Animation. 2015-02-23 21:24:28

At 2/22/15 01:11 AM, MagicGames3 wrote: Thanks for the help guys.

I also recommend looking up Draw With Jazza on Youtube. He has many of tutorials referring to drawing and animation.

Response to I need help with Animation. 2015-03-22 03:56:05

At 2/19/15 12:21 AM, MagicGames3 wrote: Hey I just started on newgrounds and i think it will be a great way to help me start animating. But the problem is i don't know where to start are what to use. Can anyone help me with this. Just trying to start getting ready to make animations and other stuff.

Hi Dude,

Don't know how things are going for you at the moment but you can also use pencil animation its completely free but has the tendency of stuffing up non stop. But if you can deal with that its not to bad to start of with anyhow good luck to you on newgrounds.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to I need help with Animation. 2015-03-25 02:35:40

Buy a tablet. Start off with a cheap one like the Bamboo fun. Thats what I started off with. I highly recommend that route. The alternative is to buy tracing paper or a light table. That's how I started off initially. Problem with that is you have to scan every frame you draw and then trace over or clean up every frame with whatever software of your choosing. You'll save a lot of time if you just buy a tablet. However, the main thing is to just get started and release something. Don't be an asshole like me and only release something when you feel you're good enough. THAT TOOK ME 10 YEARS!!!! I made that mistake and I regret it. Even if it sucks, keep releasing stuff and you'll learn to get better and better and your fanbase will grow.

Response to I need help with Animation. 2015-03-28 14:24:56

At 3/28/15 03:40 AM, cFreak19 wrote:
Edit2: Right... Don't use photoshop for actual animations. heheh.

Check out dylan's work, he uses photoshop for animation and is an absolute beast.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature