00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The weirdest feeling.

1,601 Views | 21 Replies

The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-15 02:21:38

Lately I've had this constantly.

I have the overwhelming urge to tell someone something. But when I think about it, I can't figure out what I want to say, nor who I want to say it to. It's literally just that feeling you get when you have something important to tell someone, just without the thing or the someone.

It's kind of hard to explain, but I hope that paints a bit of a picture for you.

Ever felt like that before? Is this a common thing, or am I probably just losing my goddamn mind?

(>'-')>

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-15 02:51:59

At 2/15/15 02:41 AM, FurryGod wrote: Yeah that's called asbergers.

source

(>'-')>

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-15 02:58:50

At 2/15/15 02:56 AM, HitlerWasRight wrote: I think you have aspergers dude.

Well, I'm not too familiar with aspergers dude or aspergers syndrome, but from what I do know it generally actually exhibits the opposite effect of what I'm talking about.

(>'-')>

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-15 03:09:21

"This is the most severe case of aspergers I've ever seen"

BBS Signature

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-15 03:20:28 (edited 2015-02-15 03:22:03)

At 2/15/15 03:03 AM, HitlerWasRight wrote: Intense interests in things is a keynote sign of aspergers.

"Being smart makes you retarded."

Bandwagoned thread has been bandwagoned.

Don't use "literally" like that.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-15 03:26:16

At 2/15/15 03:20 AM, Ghoti wrote:
At 2/15/15 03:03 AM, HitlerWasRight wrote: Intense interests in things is a keynote sign of aspergers.
"Being smart makes you retarded."

Bandwagoned thread has been bandwagoned.

Don't use "literally" like that.

Sorry. It's figuratively that feeling. You know what I mean. Colloquial use and such.

(>'-')>

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-15 03:53:45

At 2/15/15 03:26 AM, Zhon wrote: Sorry. It's figuratively that feeling. You know what I mean. Colloquial use and such.

Peasant-speak.

BBS Signature

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-15 18:38:36

At 2/15/15 04:03 AM, HitlerWasRight wrote: I'll literally use literally whenever I literally fucking want to buds. Also go watch Rainman, that guy was a tard.

You didn't even say "literally" asstard.

BBS Signature

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-15 18:47:55

At 2/15/15 06:38 PM, Ghoti wrote:
At 2/15/15 04:03 AM, HitlerWasRight wrote: I'll literally use literally whenever I literally fucking want to buds. Also go watch Rainman, that guy was a tard.
You didn't even say "literally" asstard.

This thread is literally the best pumpkin spice latte. I can't even!!

(>'-')>

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-15 19:08:36

At 2/15/15 07:05 PM, Voltage wrote: look out, if you're not careful you might actually think a bunch of assholes on the internet can actually categorize you with a mental disorder and actually persuade you to believe that you actually have said disorder because they have nothing better to do with their lives than to waste time on the net being sarcastic fuckwits who couldn't earn a decent income if their lives depended upon it!

that's probably what you're feeling @zhon - an insane amount of thoughtlessness caused by being on a forum full of assdicks and morons. my prescription? get off, find a hobby, and return to the BBS when you've recovered

Thanks v-dawg, you a real g. Don't worry though, I've learned over time that interacting on NG is a gamble. Sometimes you get genuine conversation, sometimes you get idiots. And to be fair, I've been the idiot on more than one occasion. It's just kinda the place this is I guess.

(>'-')>

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-16 21:27:04

At 2/15/15 07:05 PM, Voltage wrote: ...and return to the BBS when you've recovered

You were so close to finding a cure.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-16 22:19:17

I actually understand exactly what the OP is talking about. I get that feeling pretty often and I'm curious, @Zhon, do you have a tendency to try and piece together things that don't necessarily have anything to do with each other in an effort to conjoin your thoughts into a unified whole? Like every bit of information you assimilate becomes a piece of some grand universal puzzle? I get the feeling that these two phenomena are somehow related, but I still can't quite understand how.

My best guess would be that it's because trying to draw connections between different concepts is a lot like trying to communicate with another person; you have to phrase your information in such a way--within the context of a mutually understood verbal language--that whoever you're feeding it to can understand it best. Maybe you're misinterpreting the anxiety to unify your stream of consciousness as a sort of conversation that you just can't seem to parse.

You can't grasp the thing you have to say because you haven't put it together yet, and you don't know who you need to tell because you still don't have anything to say.

inb4 autism; I'm pretty fuckin' deep in the ADHD side of that spectrum

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-16 22:40:15

Ah yes, that feeling.
A sort of cross between deja vu and amnesia, right?

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-16 22:45:21

At 2/16/15 09:31 PM, Voltage wrote:
At 2/16/15 09:27 PM, MykeiXWolfe wrote:
At 2/15/15 07:05 PM, Voltage wrote: ...and return to the BBS when you've recovered
You were so close to finding a cure.
Mykei, if YOU'RE the disease, I AM the cure

Please, I'd eat NG from the inside before you could misdiagnose me as lupus.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-16 22:48:41

At 2/16/15 10:29 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
At 2/16/15 10:19 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
inb4 autism; I'm pretty fuckin' deep in the ADHD side of that spectrum
I don't understand why people often compare ADHD with aspergers. Sure, the symptoms can often be similar, and they are both neurological disorders, but their causes are different, that which we know of and can safely conclude medicinally so far.

Admittedly that was a pretty dumb for me to say.
I am positive that I don't have autism though, since those of my executive functions which would typically indicate an autism-related disorder if absent are fully intact.

you don't want to identify with autism, mate

That's why I'm trying to claim distance from it. I'd prefer not to identify with any disorder, but sadly I'm denied a perfect brain.

This is all off-topic though.

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-16 22:55:18

At 2/16/15 09:38 PM, Shauna wrote: these comments man...

I don't get it. You're just as white as anyone...are you saying that your comments are also awkward as fuck?

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-16 22:59:46

At 2/16/15 10:19 PM, SuperBastard wrote: I actually understand exactly what the OP is talking about. I get that feeling pretty often and I'm curious, @Zhon, do you have a tendency to try and piece together things that don't necessarily have anything to do with each other in an effort to conjoin your thoughts into a unified whole? Like every bit of information you assimilate becomes a piece of some grand universal puzzle? I get the feeling that these two phenomena are somehow related, but I still can't quite understand how.

Sounds like some mental gestalt-esque thing where you attempt to see a greater whole from a sum of parts. Sort of like pointillism except with concepts instead of images. Interesting idea. I could be misinterpreting something, but I don't really have the same thought pattern that you talked about. The extent to which I try to piece things together is backtracking through my day to attempt to see if there is something I'm forgetting to tell someone. The way you present your idea though makes me wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I haven't drawn anything in months. Art has always been my mode of release for thoughts I have trouble putting to words.

To understand exactly what I'm talking about in the OP, think about the last time you needed to tell someone something important but had to wait a significant amount of time - for example, you missed class because your car broke down, but you can't tell your professor until tomorrow. It's that feeling, just completely without the context.

With that said, thanks for taking the time to give a real response.

@NGPulp - not exactly, but I do get a similar sense of confusion as is experienced with deja vu.

(>'-')>

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-16 23:18:55

At 2/16/15 10:59 PM, Zhon wrote: @NGPulp - not exactly, but I do get a similar sense of confusion as is experienced with deja vu.

Ah, confusion and forgetting.

That sensation where you forgot what to say after being drifted off from the thought after a while?

Like you're talking about pineapples and you wanted to say something profound about pineapples, but the discussion drifts to petroleum and you forget that thing you wanted to say about pineapples?

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-16 23:21:58 (edited 2015-02-16 23:23:36)

At 2/16/15 10:59 PM, Zhon wrote: things

I just realized that my post was one big Ferris wheel of circular reasoning, and that my attempt to derive a logical coherence between the connection of disparate concepts and interpersonal dialogue was simply fulfillment of the former. Maybe I was just seeing a connection between unrelated factors that doesn't exist. Whoops.
It is interesting that you mention art, though. I tend to experience the feeling you're describing when I need to draw or animate something, but for some reason avoid doing so by occupying myself in other ways. Does the feeling appear when you think "I should draw," but don't?

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-17 00:03:10

At 2/16/15 11:21 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 2/16/15 10:59 PM, Zhon wrote: things
I just realized that my post was one big Ferris wheel of circular reasoning, and that my attempt to derive a logical coherence between the connection of disparate concepts and interpersonal dialogue was simply fulfillment of the former. Maybe I was just seeing a connection between unrelated factors that doesn't exist. Whoops.
It is interesting that you mention art, though. I tend to experience the feeling you're describing when I need to draw or animate something, but for some reason avoid doing so by occupying myself in other ways. Does the feeling appear when you think "I should draw," but don't?

Well, no, but I haven't thought about drawing in context after it happens. It's been a few days. It's weird, sensations like that are like riddles with no clues - just trial and error and when you figure it out it all seems so obvious.

@NGPulp - still off, but I have experienced that after getting high back in my stoner days.

(>'-')>

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-17 02:53:07

At 2/15/15 07:25 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Hey do you guys like Sonic?

Yes, yes I do. Sonic is cool.

Response to The weirdest feeling. 2015-02-17 08:34:19

At 2/17/15 12:03 AM, Zhon wrote: Well, no, but I haven't thought about drawing in context after it happens. It's been a few days. It's weird, sensations like that are like riddles with no clues - just trial and error and when you figure it out it all seems so obvious.

Well if you do figure it out, let me know. Maybe your solution will give me some clues to mine.