00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kellyxeni2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

First Flash You Ever Submitted

2,182 Views | 29 Replies

First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 05:13:11

So for some reason I got nostalgic and dug up this atrocious flash I submitted almost 10 years ago on my first account (I was 13 at the time).

I cringed with disgust and self-embarrassment at the ear-wrenching sounds of my nerdy pre-pubescent voice and abysmally garbled audio quality, accompanied by stale, corny humor and some utterly pointless sprite massacre!
As I kept watching, baffled by my retarded dorky kid behavior, I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably (while still cringing) at my former self and my attempt at... whatever the hell I was trying to do.

I'm at a loss for words at this point.

So what was your first flash on Newgrounds (including alt accounts), and what are your thoughts and response to it?

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 05:41:28

I've never submitted a Flash before and the Flashes I have made are embarrassing piles of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 05:47:22

Some 3D spinning B, which got blammed.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 06:17:14

I was young and they were blammed

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 06:32:50

At 2/14/15 05:47 AM, Painbringer wrote: Some 3D spinning B, which got blammed.
At 2/14/15 06:17 AM, klompors wrote: I was young and they were blammed

Actually, there was one I tried to submit before that one that got blammed. I guess I should rephrase it to include 'first flash you ever submitted that didn't get blammed.'

At 2/14/15 05:50 AM, Sekhem wrote: greatness

This is starting to trigger memories of all those fake clock crews like Kitty Krew and Lock Legion. It's all just a poorly drawn blur.

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 08:01:06

first flash i submitted I deleted ages ago, it was a mortal kombat sprite animation and that's all I can really say about it, i may of posted something before that but I can't remember what it was

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 09:19:02

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 10:55:35

Something I made within a couple hours while I was failing college. It isn't very good.

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 11:02:13

A test i made which is a cucumber bouncing and it got blammed.

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 11:04:14

I deleted my first flash because it got a lot of hate and I cracked under the pressure.

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 11:14:47

I submitted "Naruhina Tribute" on Clock Day and it was eventually ranked as one of the worst submissions ever and finally deleted. I don't really know why, probably for the better.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 12:39:43

My first flash that was submitted is Madness: Randomness

Quite effortless, may I add.
At least I actually decided to put more effort into my work after I returned to NG with a remake of this...

If Friendship is truly Magic, then I'm little more than a muggle in this regard...

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 13:25:14

I can't find the .swf, my account got hacked several years ago and a lot of my movies were messed with.

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 13:43:56

I never submitted anything on here cause I know I'm not as creative as everyone on here. If anything it would be some bad spam flash I would make for shits and giggles.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 21:27:58

At 2/14/15 11:55 AM, Voltage wrote: the first animation i made was originally blammed, it was remade into this movie
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/148600
which subsequently was remade into this movie
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/221720
which subsequently was remade into this movie (2015)

Ah, the Randy Solem days ...
That's quite an improvement. I've wondered what would happen if I remade (and actually finished) my series.

I'll probably be focused on other projects for too long and just forget again :/

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 22:07:00

Mortal Kombat: The Enemy Of My Enemy. It has a nice concept I've been told, but I didn't know how to pace the characters movements at the time. I actually may get rid of it in the future.

The animation after that was for the Meatboy Collab, which I secretly wanted to be a part of, but never asked because I was scared I wasn't cool enough. Or dedicated enough.

Just call me Psycho for short.

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 22:17:20

At 2/14/15 05:13 AM, LightningLion wrote: So what was your first flash on Newgrounds (including alt accounts), and what are your thoughts and response to it?

My first Flash got my original account deleted, and my IP address blocked from logging in. Back in 2005, I made a Flash that voted 5 on itself using an exploit I discovered (which has long since been fixed btw).

derp

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 22:20:31

I was apart of alot of stupid collaboration type pieces on another account, most of which never saw it past the "under judgement" process, but still it was fun at the time and may have been the part of the reason i lost my interest in drawing

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 22:26:17

At 2/14/15 05:13 AM, LightningLion wrote: So for some reason I got nostalgic and dug up this atrocious flash I submitted almost 10 years ago on my first account (I was 13 at the time).
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/233719
I cringed with disgust and self-embarrassment at the ear-wrenching sounds of my nerdy pre-pubescent voice and abysmally garbled audio quality, accompanied by stale, corny humor and some utterly pointless sprite massacre!
As I kept watching, baffled by my retarded dorky kid behavior, I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably (while still cringing) at my former self and my attempt at... whatever the hell I was trying to do.
I'm at a loss for words at this point.

If you aren't satisfied with your old work, you could always update the Flash by rerecording your lines or attempting to restore the current audio or commissioning actors or some shit.

So what was your first flash on Newgrounds (including alt accounts), and what are your thoughts and response to it?

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 22:49:18

At 2/14/15 10:26 PM, Psychopath wrote:
If you aren't satisfied with your old work, you could always update the Flash by rerecording your lines or attempting to restore the current audio or commissioning actors or some shit.

To tell you the truth, this little rant of mine was more or less a funny reaction to myself as a kid. I don't expect to be satisfied with my very first work (we gotta start somewhere, right?) and at one point I decided instead to start fresh.
Who knows, maybe I'll remake some of it someday just for funsies.

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 22:56:30

my first and ony flash submission has over 500,000 views. maybe one day I'll put out more legendary content.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 22:57:29

At 2/14/15 10:49 PM, LightningLion wrote: To tell you the truth, this little rant of mine was more or less a funny reaction to myself as a kid. I don't expect to be satisfied with my very first work (we gotta start somewhere, right?) and at one point I decided instead to start fresh.
Who knows, maybe I'll remake some of it someday just for funsies.

Interesting. Would you file swap the original for the remake or just upload the remake separately?

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 23:04:33

At 2/14/15 10:57 PM, Psychopath wrote:
Interesting. Would you file swap the original for the remake or just upload the remake separately?

I would definitely just upload it separately (on this account) and link the original for comparison

with a warning by the link to turn your volume down for ear-piercing audio

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 23:34:12

At 2/14/15 05:13 AM, LightningLion wrote: So for some reason I got nostalgic and dug up this atrocious flash I submitted almost 10 years ago on my first account (I was 13 at the time).

I can tell this was made right around the time when Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom was big.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 23:39:26

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-14 23:57:24

My first flash submission. I can't draw. :(

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-15 05:40:12

At 2/14/15 10:55 AM, yetanotherjohn wrote: Something I made within a couple hours while I was failing college. It isn't very good.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/624906

Released on my birthday!

BBS Signature

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-15 10:10:06

I posted a looping animation of a waving man, it wqs so bad that it got blammed.

Still a better animation than everything I learnt in Flash class.
The animation is somewhere on my deviantART account.

Response to First Flash You Ever Submitted 2015-02-15 10:20:42

My first flash submission was a typography thing (kind of like DOT DOT DOT) with audio from the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka movie. It was this creepy-ass boat trip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMFNQDtGin8

I deleted it a while ago. I shouldn't have, but I don't regret it.

The first submission was just several motion tweens of a stickman. It got blammed.

The first submission of mine that didn't get blammed was a trailer for another animation I was working on:

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art