00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

February Challenge of the Month!

25,496 Views | 216 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-14 18:38:29

Hello everyone !
Here is my WIP for this contest.
Still in progress

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-14 18:42:10

At 2/12/15 12:40 PM, inkveins wrote: Calling it finished! This was a lot of fun; kept me up all night.

Cool work man!

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-14 18:43:47

At 2/4/15 10:17 PM, WayneAdams wrote: Here's a pre lim sketch..

Nice idea. Love it

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-14 19:52:05

At 2/14/15 06:07 PM, Louodd wrote:
At 2/13/15 07:13 PM, Sifkek wrote:
Really like it ! , one thing , Jess Rabbit is not human, so technically I'm not sure if you'll entry will qualify ; not trying to bum you out, just telling you as that's how I interpreted the brief, great work though

thanks for the feedback :), i hope i wont have a prolem since it is a pretty human-like jessica... here the finished piece ;), maybe i ll add an explosion in the background if i find any time

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-14 20:25:02

Got mine submitted! ^^

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-15 03:59:14

At 2/14/15 06:38 PM, RimKeLLo wrote: Hello everyone !
Here is my WIP for this contest.
Still in progress

YOU DREW DANDY AND QT!!! * eyes sparkle* i love space dandy and your drawing of them is really good,,,love the galaxy setting :) will be looking forward to the final piece.... :D
shalalalulu to you (hope u get it)

hello humans...i try to understand how you work

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-15 11:14:45

okay so did a lot of thinking and i THINK this composition is much better so this is what mine will probably look like.

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-15 11:19:48

At 2/15/15 11:14 AM, JacquesTheron wrote: okay so did a lot of thinking and i THINK this composition is much better so this is what mine will probably look like.

I don't know, but I kinda like the previous one. It shows megaman full attention to her. and she is there full body. Looks complete. this one looks...different.

Support me on my Patreon!

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-15 14:06:23

I don't know, but I kinda like the previous one. It shows megaman full attention to her. and she is there full body. Looks complete. this one looks...different.

I guess megaman's attention to samus is better in the first one maybe I should change the magaman in the second one to kind of match the first one's pose ,beacause i really like the second samus way more so i won't change that , thank you for the comment really helps and i really appreciate it. :D

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-15 15:12:13

At 2/15/15 02:06 PM, JacquesTheron wrote:
I guess megaman's attention to samus is better in the first one maybe I should change the magaman in the second one to kind of match the first one's pose ,beacause i really like the second samus way more so i won't change that , thank you for the comment really helps and i really appreciate it. :D

Umm...not trying to discourage you or anything, but perspective is....important?

here's a diagram. Your samus is facing to the right..she should be facing megaman, no?..

Support me on my Patreon!

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-15 15:29:23

minor recalibration of the plot :D

"You destroy your enemies by making friends with them" COD MW

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-15 16:32:08

Umm...not trying to discourage you or anything, but perspective is....important?

here's a diagram. Your samus is facing to the right..she should be facing megaman, no?..

wow didn't even see my perspective was out ,well i guess it was never my strong suite, but that just means a bit more tweaking , and thank you this really helps and don't worry I don't see this as discouraging at all.

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-15 19:57:56

Started working on something too, hope I will do it justice when painted..
first WIP:

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-16 04:49:29

This was a fun challenge, thanks. This challenge improves my skill at drawing :D . Btw, I already finished my entry, hope you guys like it :D

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-16 15:00:40

okay so i decided to just keep it simple ,so this is it in its base colors so i still neeb t o work a background in as well as a rose or some kind of space flower, and shade it all.

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-16 21:20:22

Hey Jazza this is my first comition submission sinds i was 10 years old im currently 14 i am from the netherlands i made a robot up kissing the anime girl im saving up money for a tablet ATM but if i do get the intous (probably not sinds so many better artists are out there etc. but i hope it atleast shows up in your video
the robot is a Greeser from the future where humans and robots live along side in peace and these 2 in particullar are in love
I live in the caribean ATM but if i do win something i would apreciate if it got shipped to the netherlands to my grandparents do to shipping being more reliable and yes i am duth love the videos keep up the great work :)

-Dylan V. (AKA: Derox3D)

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-17 03:32:52

Here is my finished piece. Good Luck everyone.

Well this is as far as drawing will get me. onto coloring.

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-17 15:18:00

I guess I'm done with fine lining. Next step - Colouring.

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-17 19:00:48

Progress update:

been working on Carl's face and set up some quick and dirty color refs:

I haven't noticed this before, it could be a good excuse to try and draw some stuff and get back into art. I know I definitely won't win, but more about the experience and fun.

When is the deadline? the end of February?
Edit: Nevermind, 23rd for some reason I missed that on that website.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-17 19:45:34

Timmy robo dinner date wip

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-17 20:00:49

Woa I just need to contribute to this contest!
Howdy mates! Found my way here from the tube where some words got stuck bouncing around inside my spacy head, particularly the part about quote "U can cross universes, entries can be traditional or digital, big effort & clever idea is part of judgement. And beginners (thats me) are welcome." (Actually I have not sketched in 15-20yrs sumthin and I barely qualified as a doodler even back then. But I'm getting the itches to get back in the game...)

About the effort part & cross universes - besides crazy, would it be considered an effort if I have made a REAL 200kg robot in iron and cross universe photoshopped it in to a drawing I fumble together?

I hope to stumble over the deadline in time...

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-17 23:47:18

Linework for the characters, not including background and details. Enjoying it so far :D

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-18 03:23:50

Here's a WIP of what I'm working on

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-18 10:43:01

and then I ruined it by not having a single clue how to paint in backgrounds and such -_-'
Oh well, I'll just have to practice some more and laugh at this, hard, in a few years xD

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-18 17:16:29

Basics done... Now the basic polishing begins....

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-18 17:38:15

My entry.

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-18 20:01:19

Question,

Would it be O.K. to integrate a real robot in my drawing?

Hearing effort is considered, it may happen I actually have put the effort in making a real 100% killer robot crafted in heavy metal!
Not kidding!

Using a real murder robot in my drawing (made by me of course) is that a two thumbs up impressive contribution (that is if u don't think the bot sux) or is that a no-no and against the rules?

I am pretty sure u get a good laugh from both my drawing skills and my robot, I have not sketched in 15-20yrs and I never tried a welding thingy b4 the murder robot project either, but this is to fun to miss. *big smile*

Response to February Challenge of the Month! 2015-02-18 20:08:16

Haven't been here since forever, so I doubt people remember me, but I thought I'd join in. I don't have any robot OCs though, so I picked an obscure anime.

Pauca sed matura.

(Few but ripe.)