00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trouble Animating

398 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Trouble Animating 2015-01-22 21:09:33

Hi Newgrounders, I'm having a problem with Flash. I'm using Flash CC and I'm trying to rotate an arm with the pivot on the elbow, but when I tween it, it moves weird or it doesn't move at all. When I make a tween for something moving across the screen, it works fine. Is this a problem you've run into? How can I rotate an arm?

Response to Trouble Animating 2015-01-24 09:01:47

At 1/22/15 09:09 PM, drybeanburrito wrote: Hi Newgrounders, I'm having a problem with Flash. I'm using Flash CC and I'm trying to rotate an arm with the pivot on the elbow, but when I tween it, it moves weird or it doesn't move at all. When I make a tween for something moving across the screen, it works fine. Is this a problem you've run into? How can I rotate an arm?

Whenever I've tried to rotate things to an extreme by tweening, Flash always acts a bit weird. It usually never works and it's like it doesn't get what you're trying to do.
I got around this by using keyframes. If you turn on the onion skin and rotate the arm gradually over 20-25 keyframes, it should look fine and close to tweened. Positioning things manually step by step is a bore compared with the ease of tweening but it will work because it's such a quick action and it won't drift out because you can just re-drag the arm back to the point of contact as you work on each keyframe.

Hope this was helpful, sorry if not. Good luck

www.imdb.me/JonnyKnowles

@mech_tree

Response to Trouble Animating 2015-01-26 16:53:23

Like the guy above me said, when it gets weird resort to doing that.

Another problem might be your anchor points. When the tween starts where is your anchor point locked into? Is it the elbow still? Go to the final frame of the tween and see where the anchor point is too! The end frame of the tween should have the anchor point in the same location on the MovieClip as the start frame of the motion tween.