00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Only 30 items

1,461 Views | 24 Replies

This is just a what if scenario, so please humor me on this.

It is now several years in the future, and the Earth has now become uninhabitable for humans. So as a result we must go aboard spaceships to colonise another planet. The spaceships in question are already in orbit, complete with their own gravitational field. There are teleporters that connect the ships with Earth, so that's how you board the ships.

Now, there is very limited storage space on the spaceships, so you can only bring a maximum of 30 items with you. Essential items such as food, water, and beds are already supplied for you on the spaceships, so you can only bring non-essential items with you such as video games and LEGO sets, as well as anything that's of deep personal value to you. But since you can only bring a maximum of 30 items with you, so you have to pick and chose which of those things to bring with you.

So, I ask you this: What would the 30 items (or less) would you bring with you?

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 16:07:22

At 1/19/15 03:59 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: So, I ask you this: What would the 30 items (or less) would you bring with you?

1: my laptop, charger, mouse (I count that as one thing since the latter two are simply components of the first)
2: my wallet, complete with family pictures

and that is about it. I don't really have a whole lot. Please tell me there are standard power outlets (or converters available for whatever bizarro plug they will be using) and there's free wifi!

QuakeNet channel #newgrounds.com! Stop by and say hey.

-- sedrosken, formerly known as MR-DOS

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 17:10:45 (edited 2015-01-19 17:15:34)

1. Pen & paper since I'm in the V.I.P. section I have access to technology that can make whatever I draw literally come to life, including sexual fantasies.
2. Box all of my video games, game accessories, and game consoles into one package so it counts as one item.
3. Box all of my LEGO sets so it counts as one item.
4. Box all of my comic books so it counts as one item.
5. Box all of my books and novels so it counts as one item.
6. Box all of my board games so that it counts as one item.
7. Box all of my clothes so it counts as one item.
8. My jacuzzi

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 17:16:19

I love me some slinkies!

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 17:52:17

I'm not really going to put too much thought into this since I'm used to travelling light, but I'd say
- my bike, for getting about,
- sketchbook and pencils, for boredom, making notes and communication,
- pack of cards,
- my Walkman radio,
- headphones
... And 25 books.

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 18:31:54

At 1/19/15 05:10 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
2. one package so it counts as one item.
3. so it counts as one item.
4. so it counts as one item.
5. so it counts as one item.
6. so that it counts as one item.
7. so it counts as one item.

I would bring my house, which is one item, and has all my other stuff in it! Ha! I just broke the game even harder than you did!

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 18:39:34 (edited 2015-01-19 18:45:24)

For me, I would bring one small box with assorted small mementos, a good bottle of a cognac, a good wine, my PC/labtop depending on what storage I'm allowed, an MP3 player with batteries and and headphones, and I would use all remaining space for books.

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 18:52:26

At 1/19/15 05:10 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: 1. Pen & paper since I'm in the V.I.P. section I have access to technology that can make whatever I draw literally come to life, including sexual fantasies.

Aw, man. I was going to put that.

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 19:07:19

-Pencils
-notepads
-an assortment of books, including the twilight saga to use for when we run out of toilet paper

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 19:48:04

I'll just bring a high-end computer, a couple of controllers, and my obscure Android-powered handheld device, as I can store tons of digital video games, books, etc onto them.

Heh. Even if you count the monitor, the tower, and the keyboard as individual items I don't even have ten things I'd bring with me.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 20:11:00

At 1/19/15 08:07 PM, Vinnyy wrote: My entire house inside a box, so it'll count as one item.

Beat you to it, bro. I'll up the stakes. Given that people will be shedding their unnecessary items and the world economy will be in shambles I'll go by a bunch of new stuff right before putting my house in a box.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 22:11:56

Box 30 breweries so they each count as one item

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 22:19:21

At 1/19/15 06:13 PM, WahyaRanger wrote: So... Are clothes provided or is is each article an item?

Clothes are provided, it's just that not counting the clothes that you're already wearing, all other clothes are considered nonessential, so all remaining clothes count as separate items.

Additionally, if you have like a set of books, is it one item or per-book.

Per book unless they're boxed up into one package.

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 22:33:02 (edited 2015-01-19 22:43:39)

If you're wondering which planet that the spaceships are going to, it's Kepler-186f (at least, that what MY ship is going to, all the other spaceship fleets are going to Kepler-62e, Kepler-62f, Kepler-296e, Kepler-296f, Kepler-438b, Kepler-440b, and Kepler-442b)

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 22:39:47

I think a replicator and a holodeck should about cover everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 22:59:09

At 1/19/15 04:07 PM, Zachary wrote: Just your mom. I wouldn't be able to bring anything else.

Here's a picture of her.

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 23:14:22

At 1/19/15 11:01 PM, WahyaRanger wrote: Alright, with that being said, I'm making my list. I'm making this list assuming we have a few months advance warning before we're forced to board, we can buy some stuff, and it doesn't include what I carry on my body on a daily basis, such as my
-glasses
-watch
-phone (if that would even be of use anymore
-wallet
-and cobra knot bracelet

I also assume that family pets are allowed to come with necessary supplies.

Correct to all of the above. You also get to chose which planet to go to.

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-19 23:38:48

johnny test

myy cod colllectcion (esp cod ghost)

naruto

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-20 00:06:25

Seeing as we are several years into the future, I suppose technology will have advances greatly and we would be able to store innumerable amounts of data and power in the space of say a laptop:

1. An e-reader, that contains every single piece of literature ever written.
2. A Laptop with every movie(this include anime, cartoons and TV Shows), ever made stored on the Hard drive, and had the battery capacity to last years without needing to be recharged.
3. A game console based on the Phantom design that allows you to access any video game ever made and every video game that will ever be made.
4. Enough changes of clothes to last 2-3 weeks
5. a jar filled with dirt from all 7 continents
6-10 a bottle of 50 year old single alt scotch whiskey
11. a box filled with blank leather bound journals
12. box filled with pens
13. a personal surround sound stereo system that can be hooked into any media entertainment device(TV laptop tablet ect.)
14. My cookbook
15. Home Brewing components for both wine and beer
16. a small Still for making spirits
17. Personal armaments(Hand gun, SMG/AR, and combat Knife)
18. Small Portable Personal Gym(Door frame pullup bar, free weights, yoga mat, ect)

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-20 00:10:24 (edited 2015-01-20 00:13:23)

With 30 items, it's hard to really imagine what I really need when food, water and clothing is already on board, regardless, I'll play along.

1. A decent sized TV.
2. An Internet connection
3. An Xbox 360 with games in the box
4. A Playstation 3 with games in the box {this will also double as a DVD/Blu-ray player}
5. A box of manga
6. A box of regular novels
7. Pencils and pens
8. Pencil sharpeners {kind of a given there}
9. A box of notepads
10. My smartphone {can't make calls or access the Internet in space, but got apps and a music player}
11. A charger for said smartphone.
12. A couple of anime love pillows {Let's be honest here, it's going to be a long trip through space, I'll be damned if I have to be "lonely"}
13. Batteries. {can't really leave without them.}
14. A box of DVDs/Blu-Rays
15. An SNES with games in a box
16. A backpack
17. Some board games
18. Booze, and plenty of it.
19. Decks of cards
20. Alarm Clock
21. My lucky hat

That's about all I can think of. With the essentials already stocked, it would make the interstellar trip manageable with the non-essentials included.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-20 00:11:46

At 1/19/15 05:10 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: 1. Pen & paper since I'm in the V.I.P. section I have access to technology that can make whatever I draw literally come to life, including sexual fantasies.

You can't draw. lmao

Enjoy fucking your stickmen.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-20 00:13:35

At 1/20/15 12:11 AM, Jin wrote:
You can't draw. lmao

Say what?

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-20 21:23:09

Normally, given how far away the extrasolar planets are in terms of light years, we would've died by the time we reached our destinations. However, with technology being advanced enough to have a warp drive installed, the trip will only last a maximum of 5 years.

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-20 21:30:30

At 1/20/15 09:23 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Normally, given how far away the extrasolar planets are in terms of light years, we would've died by the time we reached our destinations. However, with technology being advanced enough to have a warp drive installed, the trip will only last a maximum of 5 years.

Ok, I pack George R. R. Martin on the off chance he'll finish game of thrones before we get there. Reality isn't allowed to end until after Kalysie and Tyrion powerfuck on the iron thrown while Jon Snow pees on Cersies grave.

BBS Signature

Response to Only 30 items 2015-01-20 21:41:29

I forgot to mention this in the original post, mainly because I just now realized that the situation would be much more realistic if I gave out a rough measurement for the individual storage space on the spaceships that each of has.

Let's go back to when I said "30 items." The average estimated size of those items (assuming that they're all boxes) is one cubic meter. Multiply that by 30 and you get your individual storage space.