00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Should there be another Smash Bros?

699 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This is a response to something that a certain user said:

At 1/16/15 10:54 PM, sonic13999 wrote:
i'm going to be mad if they make another smash bros game

So, should there be another Smash Bros. game? What are some reasons in favor of another Smash Bros. game and/or against it?

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-16 23:21:10

I don't have strong emotions for or against the series.
This is Nintendo we're talking about though. It's guaranteed there will be another Smash Bros. There's been one for every Nintendo console since the N64.
Sakurai is going out of his way to make Smash Bros as non-competitive as possible, so don't expect it to be pleasant.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-16 23:30:37

i love the smash bros series but there has to be a end the final stop to this game everybody thought brawl was the end of smash bros but it wasn't and that made people mad it made them even more mad because of the character choices like duck hunt come on they should had add shadow as a playable character rather than duck hunt so mad

hi I''m TeriosKrim and approve this message

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-16 23:48:39

Why not make one per generation? Means it won't be rushed, we know there will be more characters to add, and considering the online improved from Brawl to 4, I see no reason it wouldn't do so again. And no matter what everyone will just complain that Melee was better, so I can't see any tangible downsides to another.

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 00:09:10

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 00:13:03

At 1/17/15 12:09 AM, Hezio wrote: It's just a theory...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_2OPd25FOw

yeah i saw that one thats why there should not be another smash bros

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 00:15:25

At 1/17/15 12:13 AM, sonic13999 wrote:
At 1/17/15 12:09 AM, Hezio wrote: It's just a theory...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_2OPd25FOw
yeah i saw that one thats why there should not be another smash bros

Idk, like he stated, Sakurai doesn't want to leave his own creation when it's become his ultimate creation. Think about it; you can't top a game (in Nintendo) that deals with elements from all the greatest Nintendo games.

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 00:17:58

Idk, like he stated, Sakurai doesn't want to leave his own creation when it's become his ultimate creation. Think about it; you can't top a game (in Nintendo) that deals with elements from all the greatest Nintendo games.

u right about that

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 00:23:58

Yes, there should be another Smash Bros.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 01:54:48

At 1/16/15 11:21 PM, Chdonga wrote: Sakurai is going out of his way to make Smash Bros as non-competitive as possible, so don't expect it to be pleasant.

Yes, it is a non-competitive party fighting game. It is meant to be fun. When you try to bring it into a competitive tourney light and take it seriously, then you're doing it wrong. It's a game, you play a game to have fun. Can you get good at a video game? Yes. I am an amazing Smash player for the N64. Am I competitive? No. I play to have fun.

It's why I hate this talk of Melee and Brawl and all this other bullshit.

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 17:18:24

At 1/17/15 01:54 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Yes, it is a non-competitive party fighting game. It is meant to be fun. When you try to bring it into a competitive tourney light and take it seriously, then you're doing it wrong. It's a game, you play a game to have fun. Can you get good at a video game? Yes. I am an amazing Smash player for the N64. Am I competitive? No. I play to have fun.

It's why I hate this talk of Melee and Brawl and all this other bullshit.

In all fairness, fun is defined it different ways. I myself hate using items and find Smash Bros the most fun to be the most fun without them on, but the map I'm not fussy about like some competitive players. At the end of the day, it all comes down to preferences.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 17:54:15

As long as it is actually a new game with enough improvements and new stuff, why not?

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 19:05:08

Nintendo has an odd habit of only making 'only one of' their franchises per console generation. I notice Mario Kart and Smash bros. do this, so its safe to say we're not seeing one for years.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 20:48:24

It was so good that I would be happy to see a part two.

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 22:42:59

At 1/17/15 05:18 PM, darkjam wrote: In all fairness, fun is defined it different ways. I myself hate using items and find Smash Bros the most fun to be the most fun without them on, but the map I'm not fussy about like some competitive players. At the end of the day, it all comes down to preferences.

Preferences I don't mind. I enjoy playing with items from some time to time. However it is just that. Preferences. I hate the people who like to bitch and moan about items being on or certain stages as if there is some official right way to play these games.

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-17 23:25:31

I would rather see a Smash Bros sequel than have to wait for a new console to be released.

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-18 05:45:45

Not right away, i mean, didn't a new one get released just a few months ago?
Give it a few more years and then yeah, they can make another game.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-18 09:33:55

At 1/17/15 10:42 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 1/17/15 05:18 PM, darkjam wrote:
Preferences I don't mind. I enjoy playing with items from some time to time. However it is just that. Preferences. I hate the people who like to bitch and moan about items being on or certain stages as if there is some official right way to play these games.

Those people are basically the Melee elitists fags.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-18 12:27:44

There should definitely be another Smash Bros. game... simply because, well, why not?

--The Worst Foe Lies Within the Self--

Response to Should there be another Smash Bros? 2015-01-18 12:55:33

At 1/18/15 12:27 PM, TheGreatCatherine wrote: There should definitely be another Smash Bros. game... simply because, well, why not?

It is an excellent game that always brings more in each installment.

BBS Signature