00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JustSomeInternetdude just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

paid beta testing??

489 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

paid beta testing?? 2015-01-09 17:50:55

having a hard time finding work was wondering if anyone needs a beta tester for games mobile or flash dosnt matter
what my services are
.find bugs
.find glitches
.give sugestions on ideas
.can record the playthroughs if on pc
.also can do small audio portions for games and or flash movies upon request

if anyone is interested skype me at thromar420
not trying to piss anyone off just trying to offer a legit service
15+ years of obsesive gaming
5+ years of exsploiting glitches and bugs in popular games such as WOW

paid beta testing??

Response to paid beta testing?? 2015-01-09 21:52:37

I tried to find a job playing video games not too long ago as well.
Didn't work out, but I settled for making them instead.

Good luck!

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to paid beta testing?? 2015-01-10 15:56:31

QA is a real thing which you can do for a job, but your only qualifications appear to be "I play a lot of video games"

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to paid beta testing?? 2015-01-10 19:01:01

At 1/10/15 03:56 PM, Rustygames wrote: QA is a real thing which you can do for a job, but your only qualifications appear to be "I play a lot of video games"

This would be something I'd be seriously interested in as well, but what in the world would actually qualify you for QA in video games aside from "plays many games"?

I've done closed betas and given reviews to devs before (big triple-A titles), but that somehow still doesn't seem to qualify. Even then, I just got really lucky with those.

BBS Signature

Response to paid beta testing?? 2015-01-10 19:17:08

At 1/10/15 07:01 PM, egg82 wrote: This would be something I'd be seriously interested in as well, but what in the world would actually qualify you for QA in video games aside from "plays many games"?

You would need to have a good understanding of how games are developed and the engines they are running on so that you would know where to look for bugs and what type of in-game behaviour would be likely to produce bugs or some other form of erroneous events. Having played lots of games wouldn't really factor into it; you just need to know how to find and produce bugs.

Response to paid beta testing?? 2015-01-10 19:33:27

At 1/10/15 07:01 PM, egg82 wrote: This would be something I'd be seriously interested in as well, but what in the world would actually qualify you for QA in video games aside from "plays many games"?

I've talked to just two people in the industry that do QA and they said they spend more time writing than they do playing (reports and whatnot about what they found). They said it was a lot of work and not all fun and games like people seem to think. They suggested having strong writing skills and having an AA in English was a plus.

Response to paid beta testing?? 2015-01-11 12:08:14

kk thanks guys just thought ide ask i dont got much qualifcations just i find bugs and errors easy for some reason just thought id ask

Response to paid beta testing?? 2015-01-12 17:05:47

At 1/10/15 07:01 PM, egg82 wrote:
At 1/10/15 03:56 PM, Rustygames wrote: QA is a real thing which you can do for a job, but your only qualifications appear to be "I play a lot of video games"
This would be something I'd be seriously interested in as well, but what in the world would actually qualify you for QA in video games aside from "plays many games"?

I've done closed betas and given reviews to devs before (big triple-A titles), but that somehow still doesn't seem to qualify. Even then, I just got really lucky with those.

You're a programmer, don't undersell yourself in some shitty QA role. Youd get bored with it very very quickly

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to paid beta testing?? 2015-01-12 17:34:58

At 1/12/15 05:05 PM, Rustygames wrote: You're a programmer, don't undersell yourself in some shitty QA role. Youd get bored with it very very quickly

You're probably right. I know developing things is always interesting to me. From what I hear, finding bugs and writing detailed reports about them would be far less interesting than figuring out what caused the bug and fixing it myself.

BBS Signature