00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artist Required for Uni Project

414 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi everyone. My friend Echo and I have a university assignment to create a game in Unity, and while we'll be graded on our programming and proper AI practices, we need the art to look presentable as well. Unfortunately, we have no idea how to draw. I've been looking for an artist to help out for a while now, with no luck, so I've turned to this forum.

Our game is a 2D platformer with fairly standard platformer mechanics (run, jump, double-jump, crouch, etc), but with the added catch that there are four colour-coded "dimensions", which can be switched on the fly. Switching dimension changes what platforms appear on screen (red dimension shows red platforms only, green dimension shows green platforms only). There are also neutral platforms that are not affected by whatever dimension is toggled on at a given time. The player has access to four abilities, each of which can only be used in its respective dimension (red dimension is fireball, for example), and there are a couple of different enemy types.

What we will need are:

1.) Sprite sheets for running/jumping/crouching for the player, and art assets for the four different abilities.
2.) Simpler sprite sheets for the enemy types.
3.) A platform block and a wall block (in five different colours - four for each dimension and a neutral one)
4.) A background
5.) Some UI elements.
6.) A simple menu.

As for art style, we thought that to keep things easy-to-draw, the art could look "digitalised" (example), i.e. made up of geometric shapes/oversized pixels and simple gradients/glows/grid textures. Of course, we'll give more details if you're interested.

The deadline for our assignment (14th of January) is fast approaching, so we need someone who can do this fairly quickly. We unfortunately can't offer any money, either. We understand that it's a real long shot asking this, given the lack of compensation and imminent deadline, but if any kind-hearted soul out there is interested, please drop a post in this thread! We'd be willing to pay back in the form of music - we're both musicians and if you'd ever need some music work for a future project, that would be a great way for us to return the favour.

Thanks for reading. Any help would be incredible!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Required for Uni Project 2015-01-05 08:10:24

Hai Step!
I was trying to find you in Skype and maybe tell you about what I can do.
But your not on, soo...

I'm just here to tell you if you really can't find anyone, I'm right here offering my overly decent artz. :3

Drawin' and being trash. :3