00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

January Challenge of the Month!

27,514 Views | 256 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-20 17:03:25

Think I'm done :)
Hope i did my post right.

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/boagnir/superselfie

Thank you
mikhovski

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-20 22:44:52

This is the outline of my artwork for the contest. The finished version is on my page

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-21 00:05:29

At 1/20/15 03:18 PM, 8nimator wrote: WIP 3 hope optimus is a hero lol. i am just drawing to do something different other than rigging

What's rigging?

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-21 01:18:58

At 1/21/15 12:05 AM, ErnieZ wrote:
At 1/20/15 03:18 PM, 8nimator wrote: WIP 3 hope optimus is a hero lol. i am just drawing to do something different other than rigging
What's rigging?

Hi there, rigging is the process of adding a bone structure to a 3d model so you can animate them in 3d :)

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-21 12:18:07

Hello guys,

This is my first post in this forum. Decided to try to join on this awesome challenge. These are some progress of my entry. Any comments and critics are very welcome! :D

PS: Where should I put the #COTMSUPERSELFIE ?

At 1/21/15 12:18 PM, rezahales wrote: Hello guys,

This is my first post in this forum. Decided to try to join on this awesome challenge. These are some progress of my entry. Any comments and critics are very welcome! :D

PS: Where should I put the #COTMSUPERSELFIE ?

Go to the top of the screen, hover over the tab labeled "Art" and click "Submit Yours". Once you have uploaded the image and have edited the thumbnail look for 4 edit boxes directly above the description box, those are your tag boxes. Simply type: COTMSUPERSELFIE, without the hashtag, into ONE of them and people will be able to find it regardless of whether you've been scouted or not.

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-21 12:55:32

Go to the top of the screen, hover over the tab labeled "Art" and click "Submit Yours". Once you have uploaded the image and have edited the thumbnail look for 4 edit boxes directly above the description box, those are your tag boxes. Simply type: COTMSUPERSELFIE, without the hashtag, into ONE of them and people will be able to find it regardless of whether you've been scouted or not.

Thank you for the answer. So the tag only need for the final image, not for the WIP we posted here?

At 1/21/15 12:55 PM, rezahales wrote: Thank you for the answer. So the tag only need for the final image, not for the WIP we posted here?

Nope. This is just the WIP thread for people to show off how they're coming along.

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-21 15:03:46

At 1/21/15 01:09 PM, LurkinMcClerkin wrote:
At 1/21/15 12:55 PM, rezahales wrote: Thank you for the answer. So the tag only need for the final image, not for the WIP we posted here?
Nope. This is just the WIP thread for people to show off how they're coming along.

The painting is looking great. Good Luck.

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-21 16:37:33

Been a bit, but I'm still working. Almost done. That's Ellen Degeneres, if ya can't tell. :)

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-21 19:09:16

Mr. Jim is almost done.

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 01:00:53

Second Sketch Phase finished! Time for sleep!

#UltimateFantasticFour

Down the rabbit hole we go...

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 09:22:10

At 1/21/15 03:03 PM, billtheartist wrote:
The painting is looking great. Good Luck.

Thank you! Good luck to you too! :D

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 11:22:21

hello people
just heard about this contest and started sketching, even in this late hour.
hope i can make it until Saturday with a finished (fully color-rendered) concept . :)
here's some wip.

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 13:46:41

THX Jazza for creating this contest... it was really a big motivation throughout the whole month. I worked pretty much the whole time on it. It was great experience and Ive learned a lot. But I wont be able to finish in time but Ill try to finish it. I find out that less is sometimes more... anyway thanks Jazza and good luck to everyone who entered.

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 13:48:36

At 1/22/15 01:46 PM, J4ck12 wrote: THX Jazza for creating this contest... it was really a big motivation throughout the whole month. I worked pretty much the whole time on it. It was great experience and Ive learned a lot. But I wont be able to finish in time but Ill try to finish it. I find out that less is sometimes more... anyway thanks Jazza and good luck to everyone who entered.

Here is version without sketch(dont know why u cant include more images in one post)

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 15:49:33

i canĀ“t find my entry in the tag search
It 's because I 'm not scouted?
if something is wrong with my entry tell me pls.

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 16:28:31

Almost done with mine too! Here's a link to the WIP art on Imgur. Just need to add a background.

Kyle

http://imgur.com/gallery/cbl96/new

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 16:39:06

I hope mine is found. I'm still not seeing where mine went. It did show up on my personal page. I hope that means it made it to the contest. I did tag it.

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 17:03:06

:)))) yaaaaay

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 17:21:20

Here is my entry in case that it doesn't appear in another place. Hope you like it.
Batman greg capullo style taking a selfie using is bat remote camera.

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 21:58:49

Finally done with this haha. Made this one using Artflow on my galaxy note 8.0. I tried to do some interesting stuff with the colors and I think it came out pretty well. Loving everyone else's entries and wish everyone luck!

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 22:15:30

#COTMSUPERSELFIE

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 22:24:57

ALMOST FINISHED! PRETTY LINEWORK!

Down the rabbit hole we go...

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-22 23:08:48

Wait wait wait, is the deadline itself (24/1/15) allowed for submissions? or as soon as the 23/1 ends, the challenge is over? what happens if, because of timezones, I submit during the 23th but where Jazza lives is already 24/1? if the 24th is not allowed for submissions, should the participants guide themselves with Jazza's clock or their own clock to submit before midnight? lol, sorry if these are dumb questions, but it's important for me since I really have to know if I'm doing fine with the times or if I'm in a pinch and I didn't even realize, so it would be awesome if anyone here tells me how it exactly works.

PS: seeing great pieces around here, keep up that good work guys! give your best :D

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-23 01:55:42

Here is my final image. Good luck to all participants! :D

Response to January Challenge of the Month! 2015-01-23 05:28:20

Hey Jazza I'm new to this site, I don't know if I tagged it correctly or not, when I searched COTMSUPERSELFIE up and looked at the artworks I couldn't find mine. I don't know if I have to be scouted to find my work there, but I hope you find mine art work. :)