00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your take on my prototype

410 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your take on my prototype 2015-01-02 19:59:20

Hello guys,
Right now Im working on my first game and I have a small prototype, I would love to hear your take on it.
Please be brutally honest about it.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ErnaniR/holy-diver

PS: If it is "illegal" to make this kind of post, I will gladly take it off.

Best

Ernani
Rocha

Response to Your take on my prototype 2015-01-02 23:46:58

It's very generic so far. You're gaining an understanding of structure, but you need to tighten up the physics and collisions, then start on an original concept. You could easily expand on that platform spawning mechanic. Wouldn't be too hard to do so.

Anyway, keep working!

Response to Your take on my prototype 2015-01-03 07:26:52

At 1/2/15 11:46 PM, Barzona wrote: It's very generic so far. You're gaining an understanding of structure, but you need to tighten up the physics and collisions, then start on an original concept. You could easily expand on that platform spawning mechanic. Wouldn't be too hard to do so.

Anyway, keep working!

Thank you so much for the input Barzona! I would like to understand a little deeper why you think its generics and how you think I can expand spawning mechanic. The physics need to tighten up, you are no the first one to tell me that.

Thanks again for you input!

Response to Your take on my prototype 2015-01-03 08:43:54

At 1/3/15 07:26 AM, Vetora wrote: I would like to understand a little deeper why you think its generics and how you think I can expand spawning mechanic. The physics need to tighten up, you are no the first one to tell me that.

Generic means that it isn't any different than all of the other early platformers, from a design point of view. It's not a sin, but it needs to be addressed.

Response to Your take on my prototype 2015-01-03 09:54:03

Completly agree!
I took the art from braid, fez, monument valley to make this prototype, the art design is far from finished, all you see is only placeholders. Thanks for pointing that out.

Best

At 1/3/15 08:43 AM, Barzona wrote:
At 1/3/15 07:26 AM, Vetora wrote: I would like to understand a little deeper why you think its generics and how you think I can expand spawning mechanic. The physics need to tighten up, you are no the first one to tell me that.

Generic means that it isn't any different than all of the other early platformers, from a design point of view. It's not a sin, but it needs to be addressed.