00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

velvzie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Valve dun goofed with TF2

744 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Valve dun goofed with TF2 2014-12-29 06:04:12

Hello NGers, if you guys follow TF2 at all you will know that Valve recently took the LARGEST DUMP on TF2 ever. End of the Line was a huge dissapointment, while everyone was saying they promised weps, they never actually did. What really made people mad was how they removed the cp_snowplow map because it was "too confusing", yet rd_asteroid is still in the game and cp_steel has been in it for years. It seems Valve wanted this to fail. If they had said earlier, like last March earlier, that no new weps were going to be added, they could have halted the hype train. But no. Oh no, my friends. Valve let that hype train build and build and build and then it all came crashing down like the train in the SFM released with the update (which was the best part of the update).

Fast forward a month and we are at Christmas now! Happy Holidays to all! Except from Valve. Yes, we got new weapons, and they are mediocre. I will probably use them once and then never lay my hands on them again, because they are sub-par to everything else. Also, their new game mode, Mann something (of course), is so broken in so many ways. First of all, there are no debuffs to balance all of the crazy power ups there are. There is one power up where it is basically life steal, that coupled with pyro and the grappling hook, that everyone gets in the game mode, is OP. The only way you can get the lifesteal power up is by killing someone who has it, which is nearly impossible. The funny thing is, it is titled as a game mode for "experts" but it is the most casual thing in the world. They keep asking for "feedback" on updates, and we give the plenty, but they keep letting us down. Maybe our standards are too high, but maybe they haven't changed and valve has just gotten worse.

Now let's talk TF2 competitive. That scene has been dying for years, No financial support from vace, while dream cast and the international are happening a couple months apart. Matchmaking is supposedly going to be added soon, but how far away is that? Overwatch will probably be out before then, and I know loads of TF2 players are going to play that because Blizzard actually listens to their community, they interact a lot with the community, and they are generally a good company. Is valve trying to kill off tf2? While Overwatch is in beta, they butcher an extremely hyped community update, and then proceed to ruin smissmas. I just don't get it guy, I would love your opinions on this matter. Sorry for the long walls of text, I just needed to vent a little.

Response to Valve dun goofed with TF2 2014-12-29 10:23:50

Alright, then.

Response to Valve dun goofed with TF2 2014-12-29 12:24:38

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was a bad update. Just because you didn't like the weps doesn't mean nobody else did. TF2 hasn't been dying in the slightest. It's the most popular F2P game on Steam and has been since it went F2P.

You know, these Rocky Mountains aren't so rocky.

I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver is full of shit man.

BBS Signature

Response to Valve dun goofed with TF2 2014-12-29 13:31:38

Valve has made mistakes so I believe that they dun goofed this time.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Valve dun goofed with TF2 2014-12-31 12:20:28

The worst thing they did was add that feature where stuff you buy, even from the community market, is untradable until after a week. I have to wait a week before I can use killstreak kits and make specialized kits or else they'll be permanently untradable. What if I wanted to give a friend a tour of duty ticket so they can do Mann Up with me? Nope, still untradable for a couple days.

Fuck you, Valve.

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Valve dun goofed with TF2 2015-01-03 00:17:48

I personally loved the MK update and those fancy weapons. :s

Response to Valve dun goofed with TF2 2015-01-04 13:17:38

That's quite a mouthful about a game that is free to play

BBS Signature

Response to Valve dun goofed with TF2 2015-01-04 14:54:03

Maybe you should ask for your money back.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature